Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Pervis117

An exposition on the stupidity of the new economic system

39 comments in this topic

273 posts
23,647 battles

Ever since this new economic system came into play, it has made the game nearly unplayable for many people, especially those who regularly play high tier CVs.

However, CVs aren't the only ones affected. Here is a screenshot of an Udaloi game I played in Shatter (standard battle, Random).

Inspite of doing 72.4 K damage (according to Warships Today, Asia, the average Udaloi damage for this server is 37.1K) and capping the Standard Base solo I only made 128K credits (non premium) and ran a loss of 30K credits. Even on premium, I would have made a loss or almost no profit. My potential damage was 383K.

So how is this system justifiable ? Where a game that sees you do twice the server average in damage and top your team xp wise still gives such miserable credit return ?

Why would the developers embrace this stupid new economic system ?

Edited by Pervis117

4 posts
3,345 battles

If your 72.4k damage are mostly done to BBs and CAs, that reward is legitimate. 72.4k is just about 70% of a single BB's full health - most of which can be recovered. In other words, you didn't even kill half an opponent ship. The new economic system is intended to counter monotonous play style and did its job.

1,174 posts
10,495 battles

If your 72.4k damage are mostly done to BBs and CAs, that reward is legitimate. 72.4k is just about 70% of a single BB's full health - most of which can be recovered. In other words, you didn't even kill half an opponent ship. The new economic system is intended to counter monotonous play style and did its job.

That's it time to Uninstall the game

[IMSDF]
Beta Tester
218 posts
4,648 battles

The new economic system is intended to counter monotonous play style and did its job.

Basically, stupidity

:honoring:

273 posts
23,647 battles

I don't follow,

Monotonous gameplay ?

I solo capped their -standard- base and had 383K potential damage.

If all that and twice the server average damage doesn't help you break even, then what the heck does ? What more exactly can a Russian DD be expected to do to earn more money ? And if there's nothing more they can be expected to do, then the new economy has made the udaloi unplayable. 

Edited by Pervis117

273 posts
23,647 battles

Ive played since the Asian server launched and almost always played with Premium, but ever since the day after the new economy started, Ive stopped buying or activating premium. Its just stupid and certainly not worth me spending hard earned real money on.

1,174 posts
10,495 battles

72.4k is just about 70% of a single BB's full health - most of which can be recovered

Then achievements like High Caliber where damage to 4 ships must exceed 30% of ship's HP and Confederate where damage to 6 ships must exceed 20% shouldn't pay either for example if you almost kill 3 DDs (you just damaged them to like 1k of their health) and citadel 3 cruisers you will get confederate which will be around 80-90k does that mean I should get less xp because I didn't kill any ship
Edited by Aaditya_AJ

Super Tester
458 posts
7,194 battles

DD carrying matches just don't reward as much as previously, since caps are now worth less XP, plus we still don't know how the new XP/credit system works

Video Contributor
860 posts
10,965 battles

Can't we just use one of the existing threads? 

Multiple threads needed so WG senpai would notice :D

Super Tester
7,558 posts
7,993 battles

He solo capped a base does that count?

In standard battle, base cap does not produce as much as in domination. I am not sure why, but I don't get much xp boost for capping enemy base which happens very frequently (I love enemy lemming trains and I straight go to their caps).

Multiple threads needed so WG senpai would notice :D

Lol, yeah, right! I am having a feeling that this patch is experimental and going to have some sort of change soon.

37 posts

It's probably because of the FIXED ENTRY payment/repair. Hell, even getting your paint job scuffed up incurs the same amount of fees.

It did make me more likely to ram an enemy ship now than ever before since it all costs the same. XD

Beta Tester
1,043 posts
4,300 battles

Ever since this new economic system came into play, it has made the game nearly unplayable for many people, especially those who regularly play high tier CVs.

However, CVs aren't the only ones affected. Here is a screenshot of an Udaloi game I played in Shatter (standard battle, Random).

Inspite of doing 72.4 K damage (according to Warships Today, Asia, the average Udaloi damage for this server is 37.1K) and capping the Standard Base solo I only made 128K credits (non premium) and ran a loss of 30K credits. Even on premium, I would have made a loss or almost no profit. My potential damage was 383K.

So how is this system justifiable ? Where a game that sees you do twice the server average in damage and top your team xp wise still gives such miserable credit return ?

Why would the developers embrace this stupid new economic system ?

Useless rant and out of place. You complained about your earning based from your damage yet the economic changes mostly involve the fixed repair bill and actually an increase in total earning due to spotting and potential damage received.

What ships did you get those damage from? Tiers lower than you? From battleships? Figures. You want money? Do more. Go spot, distract enemies and get their shots while evading, go capture more base, go defend and actually damage key ships and other DDs

273 posts
23,647 battles

Useless rant and out of place. You complained about your earning based from your damage yet the economic changes mostly involve the fixed repair bill and actually an increase in total earning due to spotting and potential damage received.

What ships did you get those damage from? Tiers lower than you? From battleships? Figures. You want money? Do more. Go spot, distract enemies and get their shots while evading, go capture more base, go defend and actually damage key ships and other DDs

Knee jerk response, provably untrue.

1) most of the damage done to a Yamato.

2) Only one base to cap and I capped it solo.

3) I have potential damage, besides which going on an unecessary evasion spree at tx games in a russian DD is suicidal.

4) they dont even explain clearly how spotting damage is calculated.

I don't know why exactly the credit return is so incredibly low, but it is due to the new economic changes and are incredibly incredibly stupid. 

And no Icy phoenix, I didn't think one of the existing threads sufficed. Its why I made a new one.

New Econonomy retardation -  udaloi 2.jpg

[WOWMY]
347 posts
16,870 battles

NO NO.. just play the game, dont let it play you. Quit only if u feel bored with it..better still, make it bored with you (like those unicum above who dont feel it affecting them.. mm surely getting pissed with them cuz no matter how hard mm tried to make them angry, they take it easy) LOL. I dont have many friend here.. so dont wanna lose 1.

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

like those unicum above who dont feel it affecting them..

Fun facts:

I haven't encountered any issues with the new economy so far.

I consider my performance in-game below average.

I'm not running a premium account.

I'm playing all ship classes and nations.

I'm actually trying to figure out why I'm not feeling effected.

I crossed out tiers (I only play up to tier VI, rarely VII), specific ships and left little to random chance.

My current theory is that my regular playstyle, which is rather aggressive/reckless, just gels well enough with

the new economy system to keep my income steady.

[ATLAS]
Beta Tester
464 posts
9,884 battles

Then achievements like High Caliber where damage to 4 ships must exceed 30% of ship's HP and Confederate where damage to 6 ships must exceed 20% shouldn't pay either for example if you almost kill 3 DDs (you just damaged them to like 1k of their health) and citadel 3 cruisers you will get confederate which will be around 80-90k does that mean I should get less xp because I didn't kill any ship

Rewards are given not by dmg but by percentage of HP you dealt to enemy ships. Dealing 5k to a DD rewards you a lot more than 10k to a BB. Which is why confederate and high caliber is a good way to see how well you gonna get rewarded.

Except CV, WG probably thinks CV has to get 3 devas, confe, high cal, clear sky, kraken, arsonist, witherer, liquidator, 400k dmg, 10 kills, 5 million potential samage and 200k spotting damage to be able to break even.

Knee jerk response, provably untrue.

1) most of the damage done to a Yamato.

2) Only one base to cap and I capped it solo.

3) I have potential damage, besides which going on an unecessary evasion spree at tx games in a russian DD is suicidal.

4) they dont even explain clearly how spotting damage is calculated.

I don't know why exactly the credit return is so incredibly low, but it is due to the new economic changes and are incredibly incredibly stupid. 

And no Icy phoenix, I didn't think one of the existing threads sufficed. Its why I made a new one.

Yeah this is the problem, 300k potential dmg is nothing amazing, also 70k dmg on Yamato won't give much either

Sign in to follow this