Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
drakon233

which torps would you use in ranked for the lol yang

16 members have voted

1. 1. which would you take

• slow mahan long range low dmg torps
    • fast 6km dogfight high dmg torps

14 comments in this topic

Super Tester
223 posts
3,340 battles

Hmm, as a DD player myself (tho I don't have the ship), for me it's all come down to playstyle

are you more to gunboating all the time or are you shifting torps and guns from time to time?

long range torps will be handy for zoning BBs, but less effective for aggressive hand to hand fight with DDs

the short range torps, though less effective for zoning, I think that this one should be used if you're used to go YOLO-ing and survive

IMO, if you use the long range torps, the battle will be most likely delayed as you want those CA/CLs and BBs to go another way rather for dmging

and for short range, that's more to ambushing playstyle, and if you do it well, the battle will end quickly

well, you do get that handy hydroacoustic consumable, this one should come in handy

anyway, this is mostly just my opinion, more veteran players will come and will give you better opinions I suppose (I'm just your standard player :child: )

and to add that I didn't consider the reload time when I typed all this :hiding:

[1NATN]
287 posts
5,258 battles

Thanks for asking this, I'm also wondering. I think if I can get 15pt captain in time I'll go with the shorter ones, otherwise it's the longn range to help with survivability.

Beta Tester
296 posts
12,511 battles

Long range.

- Torp are more for zoning and herding in ranked, range matters.

- Faster torps with less range = much less time traveling in water, therefore not suitable for zoning.

- You barely cover the diameter of cap zones with short range torps

- Long range torps do enough damage to DD and CA.

- On top of all that, short range torps do NOT have enough firepower to instakill a T8DD with Survivability Expert and DCP module.

Super Tester
730 posts
3,239 battles

9.2, unless you can hug islands really well. Do take note that at tier VIII most cruisers have radar and german battleships have hydroacoustics

Super Tester
7,571 posts
8,001 battles

9.2, unless you can hug islands really well. Do take note that at tier VIII most cruisers have radar and german battleships have hydroacoustics

"most cruisers"? I guess only 2.

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

Usually when you get close enough to use the short range torps in a ranked match, you're dead from the focus fire.

Atleast for the middle and higher ranks that is. :hiding:

Also there's alot of smoke firing in ranks, so the longer range torps gonna save your team alot.

Sign in to follow this