You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
xscore

Post 5.12 XP nerf

32 comments in this topic

Super Tester
458 posts
7,194 battles

It appears that XP gained by players are now more evenly distributed, with skilled players getting les XPs.  I do not know the rationale behind WG's move to do this, and doubt this has even went past supertesting.  Right now numerous skilled players are complaining about getting lower XP for their ships, and for some classes, the same playstyle gives 25-40% less credits, even though you are still playing most optimally for the win (such as in CVs, and USN DDs).  I have no idea why WG decides to punish players who carry games by reducing their XP reward, and may consider taking a break for a while from this game while this gets sorted out.

1,174 posts
10,495 battles

It appears that XP gained by players are now more evenly distributed, with skilled players getting les XPs.  I do not know the rationale behind WG's move to do this, and doubt this has even went past supertesting.  Right now numerous skilled players are complaining about getting lower XP for their ships, and for some classes, the same playstyle gives 25-40% less credits, even though you are still playing most optimally for the win (such as in CVs, and USN DDs).  I have no idea why WG decides to punish players who carry games by reducing their XP reward, and may consider taking a break for a while from this game while this gets sorted out.

Why is everyone talking only about xp credits we earn has become less too :(

Super Tester
458 posts
7,194 battles

i don't know why but i get more exp now than before

The only ship that I can reliably get slightly more XP in is BBs, I park myself alone beside a flank my team did not choose to lemming towards, and soak up potential damage, while spotting all the enemy ships.  For CAs, dodging BB shells gives a lot of XP, even on losses.

CVs and USN gunboats get less rewards.  VMF gunboats can spot while gunning, and tank damage through evasion.  So overall, some classes are going to be negatively affected.

Super Tester
316 posts
3,400 battles

The thing that annoys me most is that as a primary DD player that my main source of funds has been reduced, this makes the ships i sold before i got port slots sad because they are going to have to sit in a cold dark shop until i can buy them back :(

563 posts
4,686 battles

The only ship that I can reliably get slightly more XP in is BBs, I park myself alone beside a flank my team did not choose to lemming towards, and soak up potential damage, while spotting all the enemy ships.  For CAs, dodging BB shells gives a lot of XP, even on losses.

Even on BB, I got less than what I would get before, I tank at least 1.2m potential each game, and with decent damage, cap assist still ok nowhere near 2k xp 

What I get before patch (on win)

<1000xp : bad game 

1000-1200xp : average game

1200-1600xp : pretty good game

1600-2000xp : GG

>2000xp : carry game

What I get now

900-1200 : average game

1200-1400 : not bad/decent game

1400-1700 : GG (a bit carry) game

1800-2000 : carry game

>2000 : how?

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

Even on BB, I got less than what I would get before, I tank at least 1.2m potential each game, and with decent damage, cap assist still ok nowhere near 2k xp 

What I get now

you have to sink more than 7 ship and deal 50% of combine hp of enemy while getting shot  by the all of the enemy ship with AP, HE and torpedoes and get up to 10m potential damage. because everybody could do that easily. sarcasm.mp3. seriously i hate the nerf on exp and credits on tier 8 and 9. it slows the progress a lot.

don't forget the credits. i'm earning less now than before even with 2000 exp they only give me 400k credits with premium and flags.

Video Contributor
2,266 posts
10,789 battles

What I get now

2500 and win, report :trollface:

always me when I play CV and got lot report

Super Tester
1,056 posts
9,028 battles

Maybe because you ran strike other than AS

I usually get reported for cheeky strikes or for clearing the sky super hard. Both loadouts get reported equally IMO.

1,174 posts
10,495 battles

I usually get reported for cheeky strikes or for clearing the sky super hard. Both loadouts get reported equally IMO.

lol If you are clearing sky super quick then it is enemy CV which is trolled by you :trollface: and as a revenge he reported you

my CV rules

find DD and sink asap, find the weakest AA and bomb

Why you so rude to DDs (T_T) ?? and why hate towards stock ships (T_T)???

753 posts
8,965 battles

It seems i also don;t get compesation from a Team damage that "Detonate" my half hp ship

I got rammed by a player and then team killed by another yesterday. I had to pay for being rammed but got no compensation for being team killed at all.

1,174 posts
10,495 battles

Posting on Behalf of Aaditya_AJ:

14467039_1411304615565531_1825428860_o.jpg14488949_1411304618898864_639674533_o.jpg

Before i earned like 280k-320k with same result but now it is too low (T_T). And not to say I didn't have any premium consumables which would cost me like 65.5k. now how should i live with that kind of income should I get to T10 or just stay in lower tier and seal club for ever which would mean trouble for new players :trollface:

181 posts
4,257 battles

Before i earned like 280k-320k with same result but now it is too low (T_T). And not to say I didn't have any premium consumables which would cost me like 65.5k. now how should i live with that kind of income should I get to T10 or just stay in lower tier and seal club for ever which would mean trouble for new players :trollface:

I think we need to explore more bits and pieces about spotting/potential damage, fires set on spotting, etc. Before this patch they didn't reward people who did them and now they distribute distribute the income based on these factors also. I always tried to do those extra stuff regardless of if-m-being-rewarded. The result is now I earn more and its a noticeable change for me.

1,126 posts

Total XP and Credit in each match are not infinite. or should I say... it's already dead fix when MM assemble both team.

this change only distribute it with more factor to consider.

e.g.

one DD try to torp enemy but fail over and over, but while doing that, he spot enemy so friendly BB can shoot from afar and finally sink it.

as a result from this patch, XP and Credit that BB earn are being cut and share to that DD.

if you really want to compare, bring result of person in 5th or 6th in each match before and after this change.

I'm sure that top play earn fewer, middle earn more.

Edited by PGM991

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Total XP and Credit in each match are not infinite. or should I say... it's already dead fix when MM assemble both team.

this change only distribute it with more factor to consider.

e.g.

one DD try to torp enemy but fail over and over, but while doing that, he spot enemy so friendly BB can shoot from afar and finally sink it.

as a result from this patch, XP and Credit that BB earn are being cut and share to that DD.

if you really want to compare, bring result of person in 5th or 6th in each match before and after this change.

I'm sure that top play earn fewer, middle earn more.

so basically all individual skill reward is reduce to much degree and many other third party stats get raised and turn to exp that steal the former exp reward

so it makes the EXP in the team became more "Even"

how should i say it

when previously a carry player get 2000 exp and the rest get no more than  1000

now it can be the other way around to 1300 exp and 1700 exp respectively

Edited by Harpoon01

1,126 posts

I didn't mean to insult anyone but .....well.... yeah =w=

i mean... that BB would never able shoot that target if there's no DD help him spotting right?

and since XP and credit are limited. so only way is to cut and share...

Edited by PGM991

563 posts
4,686 battles

I didn't mean to insult anyone but .....well.... yeah =w=

i mean... that BB would never able shoot that target if there's no DD help him spotting right?

and since XP and credit are limited. so only way is to cut and share...

You know what's better? Giving them both more, instead of giving both of them less in overall. Considering how expensive high tier ship in XP and credit wise, giving less XP to player is simply going to slow down their progress 

Edited by Admiral_Turing