You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Anzac_A1

Getting ganged up on in New Mexico!

15 comments in this topic

15 posts
1,524 battles

I've had the New Mexico for about 6 or so battle now. Almost every time, I get half the enemy team ganging up on just me, and I get sunk within the first five minutes before I can do anything! How the hell am I supposed to do well i.e. get more than 100-300 XP if everyone keeps ganging up on me?! I don't want to sound like I'm whining, but it does seem unfair. Doesn't help that EVERY ship on the map outranges me massively!

Super Tester
2,725 posts

Here are your options:

- Buy the extended range upgrade & prioritize researching gun range.

- Make sure you check your surrounding/map if any of your teammate is support you or retreating. In other words, don't get the gamer's tunnel vision.

- Never push-in deep to the point that you are the only one charging against large enemy group.

Edited by Mingfang47

Super Tester
7,583 posts
8,005 battles

Wait... Waaat?

Where are your team mates. Only battleships at that tier outranges NM. You can reach 17 km, which is more than enough for most cases. But the best thing about NM is the 13km concealment. Use the terrain and surprise the enemy.

15 posts
1,524 battles

Wait... Waaat?

Where are your team mates. Only battleships at that tier outranges NM. You can reach 17 km, which is more than enough for most cases. But the best thing about NM is the 13km concealment. Use the terrain and surprise the enemy.

Don't know, 'cause it keeps happening.

15 posts
1,524 battles

Here are your options:

- Buy the extended range upgrade & prioritize researching gun range.

- Make sure you check your surrounding/map if any of your teammate is support you or retreating. In other words, don't get the gamer's tunnel vision.

- Never push-in deep to the point that you are the only one charging against large enemy group.

Hard to do that, because I'm only averaging 200-300 XP per battle.

Super Tester
2,725 posts

Hard to do that, because I'm only averaging 200-300 XP per battle.

Using HE shells all the time against Battleships & Cruisers? Explain your set-up & battle situation before your death.
Edited by Mingfang47

15 posts
1,524 battles

Using HE shells all the time against Battleships & Cruisers? Explain your set-up & battle situation before your death.

No, I've been using AP shells, and primarily being attacked by battleship AP & cruiser HE shells.

15 posts
1,524 battles

Wait... Waaat?

The NM only has a gun range of 13.6 km, plus a 21 knot top speed. And in my last battle, the enemy ships seemed to firing way faster than they should've been able to.

Super Tester
7,583 posts
8,005 battles

The NM only has a gun range of 13.6 km, plus a 21 knot top speed. And in my last battle, the enemy ships seemed to firing way faster than they should've been able to.

Oh, stock ship? I'm pretty sure it can shoot 17km and more with spotter plane when fully upgraded. Also, NM has the slowest reload of 35 secs, you have to make your shots count.

15 posts
1,524 battles

Oh, stock ship? I'm pretty sure it can shoot 17km and more with spotter plane when fully upgraded. Also, NM has the slowest reload of 35 secs, you have to make your shots count.

How am I supposed to get there when I'm gaining XP this slowly? This the most useless ship in the game! Every other BB in its tier is far better in everything. And I've also noticed the NM seems REALLY prone to citadel hits, I get at least 1 every battle, and that's NEVER happened with any other BB I've had.

268 posts
6,381 battles

The New Mex won't get citadelled if you angle properly. Are you showing your broadside?

Also the artillery plotting modification this will extend your range do make sure you equip it.

Super Tester
7,583 posts
8,005 battles

How am I supposed to get there when I'm gaining XP this slowly? This the most useless ship in the game! Every other BB in its tier is far better in everything. And I've also noticed the NM seems REALLY prone to citadel hits, I get at least 1 every battle, and that's NEVER happened with any other BB I've had.

^^ Another captain spoiled by German battleship?

New Mex is one of my most favorite ships in the game. If you call her bad then I will have to fight you.... :izmena: 

Nothing deletes cruisers, destroyers and noob fusos like New Mex does. You will understand that when you are at the receiving end of a competent New Mex player :trollface:

Edited by icy_phoenix

[RTANZ]
186 posts
2,015 battles

Just recently stated playing the game, this sounds like my experience in the Molotov!

There is some kind of cat and mouse game going on that i don't understand too well, but it results in me being able to do very little in any battle, even if i am lucky to be on a winning team.... it makes you feel the futility of bothering to enter random battles when you know your going to see the same fancy dance and not able to enjoy the game.