You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
ilikepie1

Thoughts on the new economy changes ?

35 comments in this topic

[AAADD]
61 posts

Worse update to the game for tier 1 thru 7 and co-op. Now you loose credits no matter what unless you charge, spot, cap then die. No strategy involved very boring.

Roll back economy for tiers 1 thru 7 , leave change in for tier 8+. Or roll back everything and just discount the tier 8+ repairs.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Best update

Now i cant get more than 2k exp before doing "EVERYTHING" literally

And co op have worse reward

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,949 battles

if you play well you can earn good credits still, but over all most players will be making less credits.

Yes they reduced the cost of repairs but they also changed the amount of credits players can earn as well.

WG will do the same thing that they did in WOT and reduced the amount of credits and XP players can earn.

WG done this to try and get more players to spend more money on premium ships and spend more money on converting free XP and to buy credit bundles in the premium shop.

Don't forget the only thing WG care about is their income stream.

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

i don't like it at all. you have to do almost everything even get up to 2k exp. i got kraken,high caliber, confederate and along with other medal but i only get up to 400k credits and 2k base exp on tier 8, also i have to pay full repair bill even i didn't sink... it so worst compare to previous patch. its so hard to make a progress.

Beta Tester
913 posts

That game should easily be a 3k base.

I played a Atlanta in a tier 9 game. I did 100k dmg, mostly against dds and Iowa. I solo capped and kept the cap for whole game.

Got 400k credits and only 2.2 base xp with premium, I was first on the winning team in a tier 9 game with the worse ship. Games like this in the pass netted 500k plus and 3k xp easily.

I really don't know what wg are trying to achieve. Wish I hadnt bought the 1 month premium time, 2 days ago.

Edited by SlamUez

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,949 battles

That game should easily be a 3k base.

I played a Atlanta in a tier 9 game. I did 100k dmg, mostly against dds and Iowa. I solo capped and kept the cap for whole game.

Got 400k credits and only 2.2 base xp with premium, I was first on the winning team in a tier 9 game with the worse ship. Games like this in the pass netted 500k plus and 3k xp easily.

I really don't know what wg are trying to achieve. Wish I hadnt bought the 1 month premium time, 2 days ago.

well typical WG crap. While everyone was looking at the shiny lights(reduced repair cost) WG were standing behind us, pick pocketing all players (less XP and credits) 

Takes longer to get anywhere in the game which means game is viable longer, plus WG are hoping that players who cant play it as often or have no patience's will spend more money on the game.

Edited by yobbo1972

Super Tester
458 posts
7,194 battles

You can be in a T8 DD, carrying a T10 match, getting 2 full caps, an assisted cap, and 2 kills, and just clear over 2000xp.

If it was before the patch it would be at least 3k base xp.

Good players are all complaining about the economy changes rewarding "teamplay" (which includes lemmings) instead of "game-winning play"

Beta Tester
913 posts

well typical WG crap. While everyone was looking at the shiny lights(reduced repair cost) WG were standing behind us, pick pocketing all players (less XP and credits) 

Takes longer to get anywhere in the game which means game is viable longer, plus WG are hoping that players who cant play it as often or have no patience's will spend more money on the game.

Your right there yobbo. I think the players on our server are leveling really fast. So many guys have multiple tier 10s. New line comes out. 1 month or less the guys already finished the line waiting for the next.

I'm kicking myself for now finishing the German bb line before these changes come in. Will take me a tad longer since you get less xp and credits now compared to the same aggressive play in the past.

Edited by SlamUez

[1NATN]
287 posts
5,265 battles

I think the changes are good but will be better after some serious tweaking. I don't really care what the max xp or credits for a 'perfect' game are now as compared to before, as long as I can comfortably break even playing the ships I like.

Super Tester
458 posts
7,194 battles

I think the changes are good but will be better after some serious tweaking. I don't really care what the max xp or credits for a 'perfect' game are now as compared to before, as long as I can comfortably break even playing the ships I like.

You can break even easier now, but you also earn credits less, and get lower XP overall (sans BBs).  In fact, gaining XP and credits now are not in line with winning the game (except for BBs).  This is why so many of the skilled players are complaining.  People are complaining that they are no longer able to use tier 9 CVs to farm credits, or to get very high XP while literally carrying their entire team in their DDs.

This lowered XP gain means you have to either change your playstyle into one that is counter to the objective of winning the game to farm more XP, or play more matches if you want to continue winning games while grinding up your ship lines.  Not good.

Edited by xscore

1,126 posts

have to pay full repair bill even i didn't sink

i knew someone gonna complain about this.... huh...

before update many complain about high repair cost due to ship tier and damage taken (or sunk), so they play with extreme caution.

now fix cost so to make people do the most with their ship since they gonna pay x,xxx credit regardless sunk or not.

and they still complain about it... duh

it's IMPOSSIBLE to satisfied everyone... really...

IMO,

this economy change is suitable for average player (90% of the game) but NOT the skilled player (10% of the game)

Edited by PGM991

1,174 posts
10,495 battles

I don't like the Update because i'm not a High tier player(T9 and T10) like other in this forum but for me it has just taken away most important thing from me that is earning credits and farming xp.

563 posts
4,686 battles

This lowered XP gain means you have to either change your playstyle into one that is counter to the objective of winning the game to farm more XP, or play more matches if you want to continue winning games while grinding up your ship lines.  Not good.

Even the playstyle of farming XP is yet to be figured out. You simply must do super carry and do something beyond what ship types you're playing can do (dd racking up tons of damage and tanking, BB spotting, etc) The XP gain is a complete mess, and this is not good for the game as some player is getting uncomfortable with the game and potentially, leaving.

1,174 posts
10,495 battles

Even the playstyle of farming XP is yet to be figured out. You simply must do super carry and do something beyond what ship types you're playing can do (dd racking up tons of damage and tanking, BB spotting, etc) The XP gain is a complete mess, and this is not good for the game as some player is getting uncomfortable with the game and potentially, leaving.

Yeah one of my friends left because of that. He is well known in the forums as well (maybe a few know him)

But yeah he left:(

1,107 posts
7,849 battles

Its basicly turn into more comunist style - where the disparity betwen Very good player (or very good game) and very bad games (or- not so good player) were Reduced.

I feel the game become more "Grindy" as a result. and hurt F2P (non premium) Player the most.

As the game not grindy enough already 

Aside from T9-T10 game, T8 and bellow suffer noticable reduced income

which makes me dislike the economy changes (as it also failed to change the meta - which they intent to do)

Most people expect Spooting and Tanking as Insentive or Bonus to boost their Income.

Now it feel Forced - I dislike the direction of this game is going

For Cruiser to farm a good Credit, She need to be Target of Focus Fire - which can lead into Feeding and missplay

Edited by humusz

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,949 battles

yep WG stuffed up with this one that's for sure.

But as i said its going the same way as WOT and reduce the amount of XP and credits that is becomes impossible to make any at all or it takes that long to get any where that players just give up playing.

WG don't care about the player base they only care about the money they can get from players and that's why players need to spot giving WG money and that's the only way u will get them to make the game the way us players want it, in the end its us the players that pay WG wages stop paying them and they will have to change or go out of business.

66 posts
1,373 battles

The update seems to encourage near suicidal aggressiveness. I charged ahead in my Konig, took out a BB, suffered critical damage and I returned to port with slightly over 100k credits (after deducting repairs, etc.) even though my team lost.

505 posts
4,176 battles

ughh its terrible especially when ur ship is so paper and works very well as a sniper it will not give you any profits at all

they also doesn't have the calculation of preventing enemy from pushing a flank

feels bad 

Alpha Tester
802 posts
2,945 battles

I'm glad others are noticing.

I recently got Yamato, pre latest patch, and even in team losses, I could still make a little profit. 

Now with new economics, I haven't made a profit yet...even when finishing top 3 on a winning team.

I've even tried charging in to caps, I sank 3 while doing so in a cyclone, and all I got was a larger "earnings", of negative 160,000 credits, because my repair bill was GIGANORMOUS..

I seem to be averaging -50,000 to -60,000 credits per battle if I get 100k dmg.

Super Tester
458 posts
7,194 battles

I'm glad others are noticing.

I recently got Yamato, pre latest patch, and even in team losses, I could still make a little profit. 

Now with new economics, I haven't made a profit yet...even when finishing top 3 on a winning team.

I've even tried charging in to caps, I sank 3 while doing so in a cyclone, and all I got was a larger "earnings", of negative 160,000 credits, because my repair bill was GIGANORMOUS..

I seem to be averaging -50,000 to -60,000 credits per battle if I get 100k dmg.

Don't you know, wargaming giveth, wargaming taketh

They reduce the repair costs for higher tier ships, at the cost of reduced credit earnings and reduced XP gain.

Overall, many of the more skilled players who use their BB presence wisely (and don't rely too much on hull repairs) will suffer.

CV captains who don't run AS loadouts for "teamplay" would also suffer.

DD captains carrying the game will also suffer from lowered credit and XP gains.

Basically, WG wants you to run premium ships, and then grind more (and hopefully buy dubloons to convert xp)

You can no longer top the team and get significantly more XP than the rest, even if you did play optimally.

Chinese unicums are already complaining.

Super Tester
7,583 posts
8,005 battles

Yes, grinding at lower tier now will take longer. This patch encourages the use of premium ships and premium time. I see sims and blyska still gets decent xp, but the tech tree ones not so much. I am just glad that my grinds are at T8. Also, they ruined the co-op totally. now you will lose credits even at T6 bot match.