Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Admiral_Turing

XP gain from this update + A suggestion to the damage potential

22 comments in this topic

563 posts
4,686 battles

Anyone experience a drop in xp you gain? I don't see much people scoring 2k+ exp now, even on a nice carry. I feel I don't get as much XP as I get before the patch, anyone experience it too? Or maybe it's just me.

Suggestion to the damage potential numbers, if you get HE spammed, you don't get as much Potential damage, but those fire do quite a lot of damage. 1 match I got HE spammed, I ended up with only 1.1m potential and 102k damage taken, So I don't get much reward from that dreadnought level tanking. So I suggest WG take fire/flooding potential damage into account. Do you agree?

*im not whining/ranting. I'm just asking.. Quite nicely I guess*

Edited by Admiral_Turing

Super Tester
7,578 posts
8,005 battles

well , this is what they update , bb must tank damg , dd must gave damg , CA def base  i guess  . just chance your play style

You didn't even go near the topic.

@OP

Yes, I'm getting low XP on games where that would easily be 2k+ XP in DDs. Even with 2 solo caps, and killing DDs etc, I cannot get much XP. You can see players in the losing team get down to 200 XP. I mean you get more in a bot match, why would people play PvP if it is that low.

1,174 posts
10,495 battles

You didn't even go near the topic.

@OP

Yes, I'm getting low XP on games where that would easily be 2k+ XP in DDs. Even with 2 solo caps, and killing DDs etc, I cannot get much XP. You can see players in the losing team get down to 200 XP. I mean you get more in a bot match, why would people play PvP if it is that low.

Does that mean you're happy about the update or not I didn't get that 

Coming to the topic yes i'm earning less xp and less credits as well. Not to say i'm screwed with out premium account every match would be a loss for me(i'm using premium stuff for consumables which is 67.5k) 

Let me ask this what should I do as non IJN DD because spotting is the only thing IJN DDs can do other than torpedo drop.

My farragut and Gnevny are earning less yes i'm happy with BB. but what should i do with my non IJN DDs????

1,174 posts
10,495 battles

I think it was a very clear complain.

I'm a bit slow in understanding things :unsure: so my bad

So the credits you earning are alright??? for me credits i get are less compared to last patch 

Super Tester
7,578 posts
8,005 battles

So the credits you earning are alright??? for me credits i get are less compared to last patch 

The thread was about XP though.

But if you ask me, I can't tell if I am earning more or less credit. Because I forgot to take note how much I used to earn before the patch. I also use a good number of premium consumables, so my credit income is always low.

[WOWMY]
347 posts
16,870 battles

Everything drop sir, compared to previous patch. Earning and exp.

Pro : Those leecher or dont perform well get almost nothing

Cons : Even if u r placed 1-2-3 U dont earn as much as before.

I dont know whether to like or not this patch.. I wish they reward player placed 1-7 more than what we r seeing.

1,174 posts
10,495 battles

Everything drop sir, compared to previous patch. Earning and exp.

Pro : Those leecher or dont perform well get almost nothing

Cons : Even if u r placed 1-2-3 U dont earn as much as before.

I dont know whether to like or not this patch.. I wish they reward player placed 1-7 more than what we r seeing.

Ikr Every game where i play well I'm kinda earning like 150k but before that I earn like 250k. not to say I'm premium and with all those premium consumables I gain like 10k or 9k that's it. even when i finish in top 2

Super Tester
1,310 posts

get huge amount of credits?

get huge amount of exp?

its still possible

tough, all i can say is

we need to do it very amazingly 

this is income screenie from a carry game (yeah a rare 1)

LtTd3d8.jpg

well yah.

probably in last patch, i could earn more or maybe less.

dunno for sure

1,107 posts
7,849 battles

All I can say, is There seems Slight reduced income - overall (especialy if ur team is lost)

but the Repair reduction were actualy very good at T10 and T9. so, its feel nice to profited from High tier matches - even if got sunk.

idk for non premium user though, but with premium account, a decent enough play can farm enough money to sustain premium consumables and repair bills

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Well basically you earn much less when you carry and survive unscratched

Then previously, where you pay minimum amount for the above action

Edited by Harpoon01

563 posts
4,686 battles

For Colorado I am still getting enough XP and credits so no complaints from me. We just have to adapt to changes, not fight it

I'm fine with my credits. My problem is the XP I gain, it's harder now to get 2K+ xp, most people stuck at around 1,5k xp now. They would've get 2k+ before. The problem from what i think is this

Before : Damage (% based), kills, cap, defend cap, shot down planes = blablabla xp 

Now : Damage (% based), kills, cap, defend cap, shot down planes, spotting damage, potential damage = the same blablabla xp 

From what I feel, now people needs to do more job to earn the same reward, so overall they earn less.

1,196 posts
2,883 battles

I'm fine with my credits. My problem is the XP I gain, it's harder now to get 2K+ xp, most people stuck at around 1,5k xp now. They would've get 2k+ before. The problem from what i think is this

Before : Damage (% based), kills, cap, defend cap, shot down planes = blablabla xp 

Now : Damage (% based), kills, cap, defend cap, shot down planes, spotting damage, potential damage = the same blablabla xp 

From what I feel, now people needs to do more job to earn the same reward, so overall they earn less.

It is certainly slightly flawed, but considering War Gaming effort on changing the economy, I'm sure we will either have improvements or we will have to adapt to it
Edited by silenthunter19944

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,938 battles

The way I look at is that WG are going to do the same thing in WOWS as they did in WOT and as patches come out players will earn less XP and less credits.(yes they did it in WOT)

yes, players complained about the repair cost at high tier so WG said ok we will fix that problem for you BUT in GIVING you the repair cost reduction we need to TAKE ​something away from you and in this case they have taken away the amount of XP you can earn and they have been reducing the amount of XP players can earn away since 5.10 patch.(yes they have)

Players use to get 3000+ XP quite often back then, but then after 5.11 patch it was just about impossible to earn 3000+xp and most players average for XP was around 2500 and now it looks like players are only going to earn around the 2000 XP range if they play well.

I believe they do this to encourage players to use more free XP and convert XP with real world money because that's all WG care about is the money they can get out of players.

Super Tester
458 posts
7,194 battles

XP gains have clearly been diminished.  Even tho I used to tank damage before this patch, I still gain the same amount of XP on BBs.  As for DDs, I get much less xp now.  CAs can get higher XP if you WSAD all those BB shells, but overall I feel that except BBs, skilled players would find all other classes (especially strike CVs) gaining less XP.

The same amount of solo carrying in a DD would only net about 60-70% the XP now (and about 80% the credits), the same CV matches would only get 40-50% the XP and credits.

Basically, git gud and carry harder.  Or just play world of battleships since it is now the only class that can farm XP and damage consistently.

Perhaps I should uninstall.

683 posts
7,367 battles

Had a great game in Hipper. Standard battle in land of fire, 5 kills, 89k damage, assist in cap, potential damage of 961k, spotting damage 50k, base XP 1968.

Hmm... I think it's on the low side compared to previous patch... I remember usually with such a great match, I could easily get base XP more than 2000. But unfortunately I didn't really take note of it objectively before this.

Sign in to follow this