Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
ahwai82

gnevny is a great ship

34 comments in this topic

[LYNMF]
991 posts
11,628 battles

All Russian DDs are fun to play and really stronk :great:

have fun enjoy !!!

russian dd :medal:

now i'm thinking should i buy leningrad, different tier can be whole different game

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

Yeah Gnevny sure is fun, however I'm having problems with the Ognevoi. Anyone know how to?

ognevoi is annoying, but the one after that Kiev is nice.....

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

So far we dont know how Leningrad will look like until it released so dont trust that ichase review :P

But if the ship stay the same as that review is really going to be another Gremyashchy :trollface:

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

So far we dont know how Leningrad will look like until it released so dont trust that ichase review :P

But if the ship stay the same as that review is really going to be another Gremyashchy :trollface:

Except what makes Gremmy OP is the tier it's placed at. An example of a gremmy that isn't OP is the Anshan, which is basically the same but 1 tier higher and no one is complaining about that ship being OP.

Leningrad is basically an Anshan with 1 more gun and torp with more speed but again 1 tier higher, and it sits comfortably in balance with Kiev and Blyska. 

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

Except what makes Gremmy OP is the tier it's placed at. An example of a gremmy that isn't OP is the Anshan, which is basically the same but 1 tier higher and no one is complaining about that ship being OP.

Leningrad is basically an Anshan with 1 more gun and torp with more speed but again 1 tier higher, and it sits comfortably in balance with Kiev and Blyska. 

Blys is not actually balance :trollface:

And now Leningrad is simply better than Kiev in most aspect just 1 less gun but it faster lower concealment and have usable torpedoes  with 4 double launcher. i cant see how Leningrad is balance, the ship its self just simply better than the normal tech tree ship and look P2W :D:D:D

Edited by MeloMelonSoda

[1NATN]
287 posts
5,263 battles

Well, according to the review the guns are really awkward to use, and require vulnerable angles to bring full firepower to bear. Speed isn't that much of an improvement over Kiev either, but I'll grant you the concealment and torpedoes look very nice in comparison.

Super Tester
7,578 posts
8,001 battles

Gnevny is not OP considering the fact that there exist another T5 DD, which is even more.....

Jokes aside, Gnevny is good but she needs a bit different captain setup. I needed to respec my captain when I moved to ognevoi. Because EM was a necessary on Gnevny, however, it is not for higher tier VMF DDs. So I specd out to free up 2 points which allowed me to take 2x4 build (AFT+DE).

Edited by icy_phoenix

66 posts
1,373 battles

The Gnevny is an excellent ship, good in everything except torpedo runs (but if you want to keep chucking torpedoes at people, you're in the wrong line).

The Ognevoi is a strange ship, some people hate it, but I personally liked it. You have an incredible amount of health compared to other Tier VI DDs, so don't be afraid to take some knocks while knife fighting with them.

The Kiev is your first Soviet DD with 6 guns. Use those 6 guns to ruin everyone's day. Just be careful about taking too much fire as you're much larger then your preceding ships (you also have less health then the Ognevoi).

The Tashkent is well...survivable maybe, fun not really.

1,174 posts
10,495 battles

Well...I dont really like her

As the gun rotation speed really pisses me off

Anyway I like Ognevoi and Kiev...they are excellent

say whaaaaaaaaaaaa.........................................???????????? :izmena:

Super Tester
7,578 posts
8,001 battles

That's why I used both EM and the Turret Rotation upgrade, and then Gnevny is whole different story. I gave IJN DDs a really hard time.

[LYNMF]
991 posts
11,628 battles

with EM and upgrades it get down to 21sec plus BFT reload down to 4.7sec, ijn dd is my meat lol

can be a issue in a close fight like against usn dd but best to keep a little bit distance use the fast shell and rain hell of shells

1,174 posts
10,495 battles

I don't like her.

every time I found her, all I can do is ran as fast as I can... pray to every god in WoWs that not let her spot me.

(IJNDD liner)

Lel, I see what you are trying to say there :trollface: But what you can do is just keep him out of the detectability range and tell your team to focus him easy:playing:

Sign in to follow this