You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
IJN_Harugumo

Are WG devs doing anything about illegal mods users?

23 comments in this topic

634 posts
6,210 battles

So some really shocking stuff happened yesterday.:ohmy:

TLDR: At least in the chinese server, more than half of the unicum players uses illegal mods.

In the Chinese-Mainland Server, not under the management of WG, they had this massive clean up of players using illegal mods WP  

The Chinese server have an official 'ranking/XVM' webpage (similar to warships.today and warshipstats.com) and it lists the top performing 200 players for each ship and also lists how good you perform in a certain ship as compared to all the people who have the same ship.

And as the cleanup is underway, all those who have used this particular modpack was removed from the ranking as a penalty.

I read lost of posts yesterday and today, and one post really, scared the crap out of me:

http://tieba.baidu.com/p/4802351897 (source)

A few days ago our fellow Yamato player was looking at his stats, his stats was in 94%, which means he is better than 94% of yamato players and is in the top 6% percent (so really unicum player)

When calculated against the number of players in the chinese server who plays yamato, he is roughly about the top 500 yamato players. The top 200th yamato player at the time( the last person on the ranking list) has a ranking of 98.5%

And when the cheating players were removed from the list, his rank rose from 500th to 158th.

Which in term means 342 players, or 68.4% of top yamato players were using illegal mods:amazed::angry:

:sceptic:I mean no offense to the unicum players often appear in the forums, I met u guys in battles and I trust all of you, but I am very very concerned about other 'unicum' players. 

So my question is: Is WG asia doing anything as of now?

We need to have all the so-called 'unicum' players banned!

Edited by Lordofcaptain

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,557 battles

*sigh

the thing with Kongzhong, the guys who rub WOWs CN is, in the past, if you are willing to spend money on the game, and enough that you achive 大客户da ke hu(big spender)(mods plz no bann me for using chinese ) status, they dont give a damn about how much you bot or use WP and other hacks

infact, the botting was so rampent back a month ago, when the boss of kongzhong was doing a match himself, he went back to his’s team's 2 botting BBs, and TKed both of them, and then he ordered a purge of botters(top kek)

i dont know why the purge on illegal mods is happening now, but i do think that this is a good thing for the CN server

(p.s if anyone here have made mods to improve gameplay, remember to cunsult a mod about using, my freind xel naga was perma banned for making a mod that showed torpedo lines in the minimap, so better to be safe then sorry)

sorry for the long post, have a potato

Edited by drakon233

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,831 posts
4,110 battles

Anyone who thinks ANY online game isn't exploited in some way shape or form has rocks in their heads. There is a difference between opinion and proof.  Assuming Unicums are the cheaters is also poor form.  Shitters cheat just as much and to base an assertion just on stats is inherently dangerous.

634 posts
6,210 battles

*sigh

the thing with Kongzhong, the guys who rub WOWs CN is, in the past, if you are willing to spend money on the game, and enough that you achive 大客户da ke hu(big spender)(mods plz no bann me for using chinese ) status, they dont give a damn about how much you bot or use WP and other hacks

infact, the botting was so rampent back a month ago, when the boss of kongzhong was doing a match himself, he went back to his’s team's 2 botting BBs, and TKed both of them, and then he ordered a purge of botters(top kek)

i dont know why the purge on illegal mods is happening now, but i do think that this is a good thing for the CN server

(p.s if anyone here have made mods to improve gameplay, remember to cunsult a mod about using, my freind xel naga was perma banned for making a mod that showed torpedo lines in the minimap, so better to be safe then sorry)

sorry for the long post, have a potato

dammnn:hmm:but how about Asia server, as far as I know, lost of mainland chinese players stayed in asia server even after the  chinese server opened

but i will take the potato anyways

634 posts
6,210 battles

Anyone who thinks ANY online game isn't exploited in some way shape or form has rocks in their heads. There is a difference between opinion and proof.  Assuming Unicums are the cheaters is also poor form.  Shitters cheat just as much and to base an assertion just on stats is inherently dangerous.

While what you said is true to an extent, look at the facts, if you can read chinese, go here:http://tieba.baidu.com/f?kw=%E6%88%98%E8%88%B0%E4%B8%96%E7%95%8C&ie=utf-8

Many, Many used-to-be unicum players have been stripped of their ranks, meaning they used hacks

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,557 battles

hahahahahaha, i just took a look, seem like many of the "unicums" that were acting oh so high and mighty giving advice and looking down on other worse players have been banned, hahahahha rotfl

634 posts
6,210 battles

hahahahahaha, i just took a look, seem like many of the "unicums" that were acting oh so high and mighty giving advice and looking down on other worse players have been banned, hahahahha rotfl

instant karma:trollface:

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

As with all internet reported bots/hacks/cheats - provide proof and it will be passed onto the developers (do it via PM to a moderator or supertester).

Basically - no proof, no hack/bot/cheat.

Aside from the above, take EVERYTHING from the CN server with a large grain of salt and lashings of common sense.

What happens there is not a reflection on what occurs throughout the WG controlled environments.

1,859 posts
5,797 battles

I don't think that mods in this game can improve a person's performance THAT much, afterall even if you hack you can still be beaten by better players 

*hides my WASD hax*

[BLUMR]
1,134 posts
1,377 battles

I don't think that mods in this game can improve a person's performance THAT much, afterall even if you hack you can still be beaten by better players 

*hides my WASD hax*

And of course, no hax can beat the RNGesus that is dispersion...aim bot or not.

[1NATN]
287 posts
5,237 battles

To directly answer the OP question (as best I can), yes they do quite a lot to prevent illegal mod use. I can recall at least two instances where updates have included changes to break undesirable mods (aimbot and xvm style mod), and they seem to have been quite successful.

Super Tester
1,677 posts

WASD hax. Most powerful hax.

Eurobeat apparently became Prometheus who gave men fire.

Alpha Tester
1,637 posts
7,230 battles

As a matter of fact, WG are doing something.

The answer was already there. All you had to do was use the search function.

Which reminds me, without naming names,has anyone seen any brownies?

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,557 battles

As a matter of fact, WG are doing something.

The answer was already there. All you had to do was use the search function.

Which reminds me, without naming names,has anyone seen any brownies?

no, never. humm, i actually have never seen them

Alpha Tester
1,637 posts
7,230 battles

Is This thread was posted 2 years ago? :amazed: 

Um,that would be pretty awesome, cos Sheeps just had it's first birthday.
Edited by AntifoulAwl

Beta Tester
1,043 posts
4,300 battles

I've already seen first hand illegal mods that marks circle on the ocean where shots are about to drop and of course your good old aimbot with omniscient torpedo vision when I visited a certain internet cafe. Let them use those hacks, IDC. I guarantee you won't enjoy the game as it is and you'll never improve.