Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Bunda369

Apologies to all for bringing stock ships into random battle

21 comments in this topic

205 posts
5,305 battles

Greetings, fellow captains!

I'm sorry if you see me with stock ships in random battles. I prefer to upgrade my ships in co op, but the current economy is so wonky in co op that it is a credit loss most times at tier 7+ (I don't know about the lower tiers coz I've already progressed past those).

Same goes for retraining my captains. Again, I do hate bringing an under-powered and under-gunned ship into randoms. I feel like such a crutch to my team, and they are probably just too polite to say anything (for which I'm most grateful). But, it is what it is with the economy changes in 5.12. Sigh.

Edited by Bunda369

Super Tester
7,548 posts
7,993 battles

I'm sorry if you see me with stock ships in random battles. I prefer to upgrade my ships in co op, but the current economy is so wonky in co op that it is a credit loss most times at tier 7+ (I don't know about the lower tiers coz I've already progressed past those).

Same goes for retraining my captains. Again, I do hate bringing an under-powered and under-gunned ship into randoms. I feel like such a crutch to my team, and they are probably just too polite to say anything (for which I'm most grateful). But, it is what it is with the economy changes in 5.12. Sigh.

Lemme tell you a secret :D Most of them don't read forum.

My suggestion to you, don't be afraid to take a stock ship to Random battles. Because there are only a few ships which are certified bad stock hull. All the other ships are good even with stock. Trying to upgrade ships in Co-Op is very tiring. Even if you suck with stock ship, you get it done faster in Randoms so that you need to suffer the stock grind for very short time. You just need to adapt. Consider your stock ship as 1 tier lower, and you will do fine.

1,174 posts
10,495 battles

Happy to have a player like you my friend :)

but yeah stock ship captains are gonna have a lot of trouble including myself with my stock Bismarck.

Really sorry if i just play noobish game (I'm kinda noob player myself)

671 posts
1,508 battles

Yeah, there is nothing wrong with bringing stock ships to random battles, its part of the experience. I would like to apologize to the players in my matches, I showed too much broadside in the Furururu.

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

beside a stock ship in a good player is better than full point captain who reach it using BOTS....

205 posts
5,305 battles

Thank you all for your kind advice. This forum is a much nicer place compared to NA or EU forums. it can be a veritable salt mine over there sometimes.

Is it just me, or is the current economy in randoms a little wonky as well? I just had a couple of games in my half upgraded Gneisenau and Nagato. Both were terrible losses. The enemy team just steamrolled over us. The majority of my team had between 145 - 234 base xp. I did about 60k damage and tanked roughly 1.4 million potential damage in both matches, yet only got about 400+ base xp. The credits were also meh. And, I was top three in both matches as well. Sigh. I'm not using premium account, but I've never used it before and randoms at tier 7+ were quite profitable in terms of base xp and/or credits before, even in a loss.

The winning teams' mid range xp was between 500 - 700 base xp. Only the top three players on the opposing teams got 1000+ base xp.

/edit

Both matches were tier 8 matches, with 2/3 of the teams being tier 6 & 7. The base xp (and I assume the base credits earned) seems a bit low for a high mid tier match. Or is my assumption wrong in this? Maybe need to play more matches and see how it goes.  :)

Edited by Bunda369

Super Tester
7,548 posts
7,993 battles

Here are some battles I had today right after updating the client. I use a lot of premium consumables, so I never check credit income, but the XP thing feels wonky as always to me.

One of my friends said base XP actually depends on the amount of work you did. Just shooting at target isn't enough. I just got 1.5K base exp in a lost match in T7 DD in a standard mode (not even cap exp) I think because of hitting buttlaods of target and it was T8 MM.. Did 90K damage.

1piq807.jpg

I did same amount of damage (around 85K), in a T6 Ognevoi and got less base exp even in a domination match with caps.. in a T8 MM.

1dIzvHF.jpg

Then again, did Only 9K damage only and got 1.9K base exp in a domination, I don't know how stuffs work. really.

JS2GGCO.jpg

Oh XP also probably keep generating for various purposes, like spotting damage, cap ticks, potential damage, etc. so the longer the game goes, the more xp you will get. Thats why blue liners do not always get crap exp cause of lengthy games.

Edited by icy_phoenix

Super Tester
458 posts
7,194 battles

JS2GGCO.jpg

Oh XP also probably keep generating for various purposes, like spotting damage, cap ticks, potential damage, etc. so the longer the game goes, the more xp you will get. Thats why blue liners do not always get crap exp cause of lengthy games.

Having both R3negade and nero_claudius, you lucky.

Super Tester
458 posts
7,194 battles

Some stock ships are sad (Fuso), but most are fine.  

Sorry to the stock Nagato I one shotted in my Izumo tho

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,558 battles

kek

stock ship in my team=less damage output by teammate= i get more dmg and credits by carrying= profit

stock ship on other team=moar food=more kills and dmg for me=profit

win win either ways

Super Tester
7,548 posts
7,993 battles

My stock Farragut, just got detonated by another Farragut!

grrrrrrr

Welp, this gonna happen regardless of your ships modification and upgrades unless you use the flag.

And then again, if you use the flag, you never know if it had prevented a detonation or not. Such a waste.

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

Some stock ships are sad (Fuso), but most are fine.  

Sorry to the stock Nagato I one shotted in my Izumo tho

And then there are stock ships you want to keep (mostly) stock, like Pantsuharu for example.

671 posts
1,508 battles

Stock new orleans... gets detonated thrice in three games in a row.

I cri everytiem

Now, now, I know the feeling, when I took my Furutaka and Kuma for my first games, I got citadeled from the Aft.

66 posts
1,373 battles

I'm sorry for bringing of all things, a stock Tashkent into battle. I know that thing turns like a fat cow (or maybe the cow turns better, idk), has horrendous gun range and is so large that it attract HE shells like a magnet.

Please forgive me, I'm saving my free XP for more glorious things.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Longer games equals more exp and credits....
Did they realize that they actually create a new reason of camping?

For OP

I dont think it is much problem for certain ship like most Heavy Cruisers and some Battleship

But for ship like Mutsuki and those who have physically  bad battle  conditions  when stock do

Edited by Harpoon01

Sign in to follow this