Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
FishyPower

Can a mod please get WG to do a list of debugging tips for fail updating?

3 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
902 posts
4,263 battles

Every now and then I get an error when updating the client. And this has been a problem for both WOT and WOWS, So will a mod PLEASE get WG to pin a guide on what to do when this occurs. Just a general guideline pls

Beta Tester
902 posts
4,263 battles

Just in case anyone is having problems with this patch like i did. Here is what I did (Your problem may be different, but thats not my problem). Basically, I had the typical critical error message, so I opened the log that can be found in the world of warships folder containing everything that has to do with world of warships. Scroll to the bottom and see what the error is about. I basically followed the "instruction" (Drive C/Games/Worldofwarships/updatadata/sdcontent/) to the file in the error message. I then delete the file in question and restarted the update. It then updated fine. Hope this helped

Super Tester
1,310 posts

that's caused by corrupted patch file down WG launcher downloading it.

i dont trust WG launcher :/

i also doesnt recommended it if u dont have stable connection. few bar of RTO, and ur file will end up corrupted.

workaround

downloading the file with bit/utorrent will prevent the file from being corrupted

relaunch the launcher when u are finnished downloading the file.

Sign in to follow this