Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Jeruk_Swag

Is WG's stance on AS carriers going to stay?

7 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

Yes, apparently CV is now the new Light tanks of WoWS, where spotting is more important than actually dealing damage.

It's really annoying to deal with AS CV, but that's the way things are now. My CV are still collecting even more rust sitting in the dock, and it's probably gonna stay that way for a while.

Video Contributor
2,262 posts
10,788 battles

CV is who play skillful and know when will take damage or spot or kill DDs, and then get reported (for me I got reported 7 times in 3 games and compilant 3 times 1 game)

Super Tester
1,056 posts
8,985 battles

Judging from the new reward mechanics, yes. They are reducing rewards for damaging enemy ships, and increasing rewards for plane kills and spotting damage, which favors AS loadouts more.

Beta Tester
1,043 posts
4,300 battles

Which is a stupid concept. If we look at the role of CVs in WW2 and today, they should be the primary damage dealer and they carry out strategic strikes to capital ships; CV sniping was actually quite historical. Instead of nurturing that kind of gameplay and tweaking their damage output/changing loadouts, etc., WG, instead, made CVs dumb by making them scouts.

Since they fail to balance CV time and time again, why don't they just make it truly historical? USN CVs AS/dive bomber(with AP bombs) focused, remove their strike setup and adjust their reward system to favor air kills while remove IJN's AS setup, make them strike heavy with emphasis in torpedo bombers then adjust their reward system to favor damage instead of air kills. This should solve the majority of problem in CV balance particularly in high tiers.

Edited by Deicide

Sign in to follow this