Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
stratmania

Bug with Torpedo Armament Expertise (TAE) Commander Skill

4 comments in this topic

Super Tester
1,056 posts
9,025 battles

Issue: The skill "Torpedo Armament Expertise" does not provide the stated reload time bonus (-20%) for torpedo bombers, instead it provides it to dive bombers.

Screenshots: http://imgur.com/a/7xU2V (Midway as an example)

Ship: All carriers that have torpedo bombers/dive bombers.

Map: All maps and port.

Occurences: All the time. 100% reproduction rate. Simply play the carrier with and without the skill to see that the TB reload time remains the same, while dive bombers get -20% (which was supposed to be allocated to torpedo bombers).

Testing: It is already applied anyways. No testing needed to force error as it is applied as soon as you give any CV a captain with the TAE skill.

Severity: High. Direct gameplay impact due to (somewhat )slight loss in striking speed for both IJN and USN strike loadouts (TBs used to take off first and deal damage) and a slight increase in striking speed for USN AS loadouts (dive bombers get to take off anywhere from 4 seconds faster without AS to 8+ seconds faster with AS and high tier DBs). Flight deck operations (takeoff sequences) take at least 4-5 seconds longer at the start of the match, torpedo strike packages (1 TB for USN, 1-3 for IJN) take longer to rearm and thus take longer to send strikes (5-7 seconds for USN, 4-5 seconds per squad for IJN).

Details: Not much to describe, simply that in port and in battle, the torpedo bombers have the rearm times without the effects of TAE even when it is equipped, while dive bombers have rearm times that correspond to the TAE bonus that were supposed to be applied to torpedo bombers. Generally speaking, this resulted in torpedo strikes taking longer time (4-7 seconds per squad) to prepare per cycle because torpedo bombers used to be able to rearm faster (not affected by Air Supremacy skill) than torpedo bombers (which are affected by the air supremacy skill). Thus, IJN CVs are hit harder due to a larger reliance on torpedo bombers.

Credits to syraku and Imperii from the NA server which assisted me in finding this bug shortly after the patch was applied yesterday for the NA server. Support ticket to WG support has been sent with the ticket ID 234534.

Edited by stratmania

[AUSNZ]
12 posts
9,855 battles

I'm experiencing the same problem on my Lexington.

but Bogue is not affected. 

hope wargaming can fix that as soon as possible.

Super Tester
1,056 posts
9,025 battles

I'm experiencing the same problem on my Lexington.

but Bogue is not affected. 

hope wargaming can fix that as soon as possible.

Bogue is affected. My TBs take 6 seconds longer now.

Sign in to follow this