You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
EvyL

North Carolina's shell speed bits

5 comments in this topic

Super Tester
1,677 posts

Am planning a badpost later but I needed to get this off yesterday since as someone who got straddled by this lumpy battleship several times feels like the players handling this silly battleship have gun issues.

Now I just got NoCal recently unlocked and out of sheer derp I sold her because ERMAGHERD ZAO FOCUS (tbh, I don't like Zao because of stats, I like her because of her form. call it vanity but she's one pretty cruiser) after one run since I don't want to be distracted with dedicating my time on the lumpy battleship, I gotta wonder some few bits for her.

As I havent fully kitted Gneisenau with her top speed, I'd usually encounter really REALLY good NoCal players apart from the derp ones in Warspite and Colorado and now I must say this:

this lumpy battleship kinda needs a shell speed increase, and I'm saying this as someone who's in the opposite side of the gun barrels. I don't really think this battleship would be curbstomp solid though.

Now people say "gitgud" or some things like that or even "HURR DURR YOU NOT OWN NOCAL SO STFU" or even "lol RNG" but its kinda weird having her 16 inch AP shells fly slower. I mean sure Iowa's aren't that absurdly fast but hell she can bead people at 20km (and I got traumatized with dying from a single salvo in Mogami since it was actually beading at me at 18km), its kinda sad for some struggling to get into effective range where they can zero in or even score hits that the guns themselves kinda dont want you to fairly bead targets. Case in shown on Colorado which is a pudgy ass dread and I reacted enough for the enemy NoCal to straddle me and this is not alluding her rather wonky dispersion.

tl;dr o it all, the prospects of this lumpy battleship getting lesser shell hang time should be:

- being fairly able to bead the hell out of targets at 16-18km as seasoned NoCal players will probably agree with me that anything beyond that said effective range will cause straddles all around

- can fairly bead faster ships

- the battleship can be even more daunting when attempting to go on ranged firefights

the bad I can imagine or suspect is:

- WE SHOULD ALL RANGE KEMP! you range kemp, YOU range kemp, EVERYONE RANGE KEMPS!

- people will assert that "they are engaging at effective range" (which is lol since the effective range where the NoCal can potentially whack anything is at 10-18km

Discuss the derp.

That is all.

Edited by EvyL

14 posts

After comparing all 3 tier 8 battleships with (Excluding tirpitz of course)

North Carolina's AP shell velocity is kinda underpowered vs other ships of the same type and tier don't you think?

One reason you have to bead further than the usual designated point

Comparisons.jpg

Edited by Sagaras_002

1,859 posts
5,797 battles

NC's shell hang time might have serious miscalculations, at close ranges shells will go extremely high then come down, which is not normal at all. I have no problem hitting targets at extreme ranges personally, but the shell hang time is just extreme and the only advantage that gives is that you can snipe over islands. I think less hang time at close range and 17+km will be good

Super Tester
1,634 posts
4,639 battles

...or just learn how to adjust to the ship's requirements, not the requirements to the ship?

44 posts

i love my NC yer theres hang time but if aimed right i citadel all the time. Allowing that shells drop on targets aim midship not waterline. and allow 5 more ticks on your lead than normal and you will get there. I have other BBs and i like that the NC is a totally different play style 24klm range and still citadels is just awesome. Yes i do miss alot as there is alooooong time for them to turn or me to miscalculate but thats just her. get closer somewhere around the 15klm mark and she a different ship again...