You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
thankino

UPDATES KILLING MY DOWNLOAD QUOTA, GIVE ME A TORRENT LINK!

18 comments in this topic

32 posts
624 battles

Ok this is a frustration issue not a bug but I couldn't find another place where to vent this, but if WG stuff really cares, try to learn something for good!

I didn't play the game for more than a year due to work committment then yesterday 28/09/16 I started the client and it downloaded HUGE files something like 8GB plus 4GB then this and then that, an endless downloading session!

But I told myself ok at the end I can finally play even so inside I was crying because I wasted most of my download quota.

Today 29/09/16 I started the client and AGAIN downloading a HUGE 1GB file, then 500MB, then 350MB and THEN another HUGE 8GB file so I stopped it because my download quota nearly run out and I'm at the beginning of the monthly billing!!!

Guys this is a sick attitude and you show no respect to people willing to play this game (I also play WoT) and BETA testing it for free.

Smart people at WG why don't you listen to people, give us an offline update file or a torrent link so that we can download at the preferred/suitable time.

I've read too many times people complaining for the same issue while WG staff replaying with kiddish useless scripts "we are sorry"!

What is the problem with you, why you refuse to provide a torrent link, why are you guys so deaf and stubborn???

Ok I stopped playing because you wasted all my download quota, what is next???

Super Tester
1,634 posts
4,639 battles

You didn't play the game for a year? You do know that the game has moved on quite a lot since then, right?

Furthermore, there was a new update ~90 minutes ago.

You're also not a beta tester (not that your forum profile seems to imply anything) and if you torrent it, you're going to download the same amount anyway, so what's the problem?

331 posts
17,072 battles

It would of been  quicker and easier to uninstall then reinstall.

I don't know of any internet plans that are that limited that even 50 GB would useup the entire quota.

Super Tester
1,634 posts
4,639 battles

I don't know of any internet plans that are that limited that even 50 GB would useup the entire quota.

Unless he was using his smartphone data plan...

Also, you do realise that you can pause downloads with the launcher, right? And the file size would be the same anyway.

32 posts
624 battles

You didn't play the game for a year? You do know that the game has moved on quite a lot since then, right?

Furthermore, there was a new update ~90 minutes ago.

You're also not a beta tester (not that your forum profile seems to imply anything) and if you torrent it, you're going to download the same amount anyway, so what's the problem?

Yes I said I didn't play for a long time and I updated the game and that wasn't an issue.

I'm not an official Beta tester but by playing this game I DO Beta test and that is why the game is so so often undated because WG needs to fix problems that ALL players report.

Do you understand torrent and download 50/50% quota? I seems not.

Some internet providers give some quota from this time up to this time then you got another scheduling when you can download, and that is when the torrent link came useful because I can download during night time so I don't use the quota I need during daily time which run out!

Where do you live? Because there are maybe not in your country also I need to manage all my download quota for the entire month NOT just for 1 day.

Unless he was using his smartphone data plan...

Also, you do realise that you can pause downloads with the launcher, right? And the file size would be the same anyway.

This adds no solution also nothing more to my frustration.

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,834 posts
4,122 battles

Haku summed it up for you.  No matter how you DL it you still DL the same amount of data.  Not playing for that period of time will require a massive amount of updates.  Every player has had to do it.  Some DL even larger amounts of data.

Senior Moderator
3,837 posts
2,602 battles

Do you understand torrent and download 50/50% quota? I seems not.

Some internet providers give some quota from this time up to this time then you got another scheduling when you can download, and that is when the torrent link came useful because I can download during night time so I don't use the quota I need during daily time which run out!

Like Haku said, you can pause the download any time you want since the client updater is using torrents (by default).

32 posts
624 battles

Like Haku said, you can pause the download any time you want since the client updater is using torrents (by default).

Yes I need the torrent link so that I can download during the night when I got more download quota, why are you guys not reading my information but relying on Haku who didn't read my information too?

32 posts
624 battles

Here's a link to the torrents for the 0.5.11.1 to 0.5.12.0 update for you.

0.5.12.0 Update torrent files

Thanks very much that is what I was looking for, though the client usually downloads several files (which is even more confusing) so I hope this torrent link will download all I need.

Also could you please say how did you get the torrent link?

The launcher uses torrents.

We knew that but his information doesn't help.

Senior Moderator
3,837 posts
2,602 battles

Thanks very much that is what I was looking for, though the client usually downloads several files (which is even more confusing) so I hope this torrent link will download all I need.

Also could you please say how did you get the torrent link?

From the game client itself, in the updates folder.

As we've all said, the game updater uses torrents.

32 posts
624 battles

From the game client itself, in the updates folder.

As we've all said, the game updater uses torrents.

The download folder contains many files, they look like mini updates so what file should I choose when I want to download directly from the torrent client?

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

This adds no solution also nothing more to my frustration.

I know right? These people are just 2haku4me

Super Tester
630 posts
9,481 battles

The download folder contains many files, they look like mini updates so what file should I choose when I want to download directly from the torrent client?

Under the updates folder there should be clearly marked torrents as you can see below, these torrent will download the game update files (.001/wgpkg extensions) and once ur done downloading these files from the torrent u can put them back into the updates folder and it should work however beware the game likes to update in chunks so there is no guarantee the files ADM has given above will work for u if something else is missing.

jD70HOq.png

32 posts
624 battles

Under the updates folder there should be clearly marked torrents as you can see below, these torrent will download the game update files (.001/wgpkg extensions) and once ur done downloading these files from the torrent u can put them back into the updates folder and it should work however beware the game likes to update in chunks so there is no guarantee the files ADM has given above will work for u if something else is missing.

Thanks for clarification.

I tried this trick days ago but I chose a wrong file so the torrent client didn't download anything useful.

I'm downloading directly from the game client because today I'm free and I wanted to play the game.

Though download speed is 800KB/s and it's taking forever for the first huge 8GB file then I guess there is more to come.

WG should fix this problem because I feel so frustrated and like many other players lamented we need an option to download the update, and we are talking about a torrent download that is 8GB + 4GB +++++ we don't know how big is it!

Edited by thankino

Super Tester
630 posts
9,481 battles

Thanks for clarification.

I tried this trick days ago but I chose a wrong file so the torrent client didn't download anything useful.

Look at the numbers on the torrent file and try to download the LAST MODIFIED torrent however most of the time you need all of the torrents and not just one of them.

EG. You're not helping anyone if you're downloading: wows_54.160027_54.160026_client_asia.patch.torrent when the last modified file was wows.asia_0.5.12.0.200058_0.5.11.1.198132_sdcontent.wgpkg.001.torrent etc.

Otherwise follow renations advice above.