You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Stein_Grenadier

New kind of bots...

21 comments in this topic

634 posts
6,189 battles

Ever seen friendly/enemy ships just sitting still in their spawn and only moving once they're spotted?

I reckon they're bots.

They don't even switch to the best targets: Just the first one they can see.

5:34:hmm:Do u not sleep??

2,217 posts
13,678 battles

Even when the game's about to end?

I swear they only moved when a stray catapult plane spotted them.

Hadn't considered that. Yeah, maybe not.

220 posts
3,420 battles

Even more disturbing, we were firing on one last night and the smoke stacks started up then went off and then on again then off then killed. I thought, what's with that.

Super Tester
7,527 posts
7,978 battles

It is easy to detect bots though. They will use dcp as soon as set fire upon or being flooded or something getting knocked out. They will often stay in one place and you see smoke stack going back and forth. When using DDs, they will start smoke and keep running at full speed. When you look at human player, you will see their turrets moving as the keep looking at different direction in a random pattern, bots don't do that.

I have seen bots played better than human players. Really astounding.

Beta Tester
159 posts
8,919 battles

I have seen more weird bot before.

There was one bot aoba, he fllowing our cv for almost the entire game and do nothing. And at the end of the game, when we about to lose, he start to fire on our cv. What kind of bot is that?:trollface:

Edited by Kerbal94

403 posts
8,172 battles

I have seen more weird bot before.

There was one bot aoba, he fllowing our cv for almost the entire game and do nothing. And at the end of the game, when we about to lose, he start to fire on our cv. What kind of bot is that?:trollface:

Actually sounds like a player who intended to AA screen the CV, and got very salty that CV sniping was not a thing anymore

Beta Tester
1,043 posts
4,300 battles

Yup seen countless. There are other bots that move to a specific spots then park. Their guns follow the closest enemy if you look at them but they don't fire; they only fire when enemy close enough like 5km. Some bots move to base in a straight line, repair the very first fire, don't retreat and act like the bots in coop.

Edited by Deicide

331 posts
17,063 battles

I have been seeing these for a while a few months at least. Oh and CV sniping is still alive and well got sniped 3 times in my ranger today.

the ones the get me are those that stay still until something is close enough to fire on them. Try firing a few torps their way. should get them moving.

I have also seen ones that don't know the R key exists

268 posts
6,381 battles

I have been seeing these for a while a few months at least. Oh and CV sniping is still alive and well got sniped 3 times in my ranger today.

the ones the get me are those that stay still until something is close enough to fire on them. Try firing a few torps their way. should get them moving.

I've turned pink doing this - I guess he was afk and not a bot after all...

66 posts
1,373 battles

When you look at human player, you will see their turrets moving as the keep looking at different direction in a random pattern, bots don't do that.

Uh oh, I always lock my turrets in one position then run around. Don't report me please. :ohmy:

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

noticed too when they got spotted, they starting to move from their spawn position to random direction (which also means, randomly charge to enemy)

191 posts
10,626 battles

CV sniping only happened less for tier 8-10 CV.

331 posts
17,063 battles

I always mean the enemy when they are sitting still :teethhappy:

from T4-7 its the dominant tactic I  sometimes use it at T8 when it world of cruisers as the CV will likely be the best target.

268 posts
6,381 battles

Had a player afk last night in a New Mex, but when he hig down to sub 5000 health he used a repair party which was odd. Apart from that, he didn't move or fire a shot.