Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
ak2047_2

Is it a memory leaking problem?

7 comments in this topic

[JESOS]
19 posts
9,755 battles

Issue:   Memory leaking problem?

Screenshots: see below
Ship: Any
Map: Any, but the map NEIGHBORS will significantly speed up the problem more rapidly.
Occurrences:  Every few games since the patch 0.5.5 when in-game weather effects applied. Up to patch 0.5.11.1, the problem persists.
Tested: Tested and re-occur.
Severity: Game breaking. I played the game since Alpha, Closed Beta, Open Beta, and over 3500 games after official release. I have never encounter such a persisting problem of crash. I tried to change to Windows 10 (even worst), bought new display card, reinstall the game, reinstall all Direct X and runtimes, run all Windows updates (considered it may be my own issue). None of these work until one day I recognize the memory problem and I saw other players also posted similar recent crash problem in the forum of Asia, Europe and North America after the patch 0.5.5. 
Details:  see below. Since there is a limit of images of each post. I will update the post until all images were uploaded.

First of all, this is my computer specification:

Intel i3 2120 Dual-core 3.3Ghz CPU, 4Gb DDR3 RAM (limit of 32bit Windows), nVidia GTX960 2Gb GDDR5 RAM with the latest driver

Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 32bit, Comodo Internet Security Premium (anti-virus and firewall)

In order to test this problem, I only opened the resource monitor (to check memory), Paint (after the game, I opened Windows Paint to save the screenshots, then I closed it before every game). Also, there is an anti-virus and firewall program standby during the test.

Client: WOWS 0.5.11.1, settings: I changed all display settings and resolution to the minimum in order to use the minimal resource. Also, I turned off some audio options to minimize the resource.

display_zpsocb1ht1k.jpg

Graphics

audio_zpsjnx5m1ti.jpg

Audio

control_zpsa8inswbb.jpg

Control

Edited by ak2047_2

[JESOS]
19 posts
9,755 battles

I checked the memory before the game start and monitor the usage before and after each game all the way until it crash, force quit, restart and finished the crashed game.

Startup_zpsc8wnqesp.jpg

Before the game restart, the memory usage is 628Mb.  2936Mb available and 1461Mb unused.

b4game_zpsxe8gzie9.jpg

Loaded the game into the port but before any game start, memory increased to 1.47Gb.

after1game_zpsh4lnxvq9.jpg

After the 1st game and back to the port, memory further raised to 1.96Gb. The game of Fubiki was the game played before the restart. Scharnhorst is the 1st game after restart. Supposed it should release the memory back to 1.47Gb after the game, just like I first entered into the port but it didn't.

Edited by ak2047_2

[JESOS]
19 posts
9,755 battles

after2games_zps3fqssq9d.jpg

After the 2nd game, memory continue to increase to 2.06Gb.

after3games_zps50qovcly.jpg

After the 3rd game, memory goes upto 2.16Gb.

after4games_zpsg0cnl9pd.jpg

After the 4th game, memory jumped to 2.28Gb.

[JESOS]
19 posts
9,755 battles

after5games_zpsjpn0dpj0.jpg

After the 5th game, memory stayed at 2.20Gb level. However, the last three games was playing the same map of Big Race. 

after6games_zpsirrxtfbf.jpg

After the 6th game. Memory increased again to 2.29Gb.

after7games_zpskvcjcvl0.jpg

After the 7th game. Memory reached 2.35Gb. I considered this is the ceiling before crash.

Edited by ak2047_2

[JESOS]
19 posts
9,755 battles

crashed_zpsip3gxqcd.jpg

At the 8th game, it crashed. Memory reached at 2.60Gb. It is a result of accumulated memory usage from the beginning of game 1.47Gb to the point where all memory were used up. There was no release of memory during the games. Therefore, I suspect it is a memory leaking problem by the game.

after--quit-game_zpsyfkxlxw6.jpg

After the force quit of the game. Memory released back to 649Mb. Same as the level at the beginning before I start the game.

after-crash_zpsqjkszdh3.jpg

After restart the game, it re-entered the previous crashed game until it finished. Memory raised to 1.88Gb. Similar to the level after the 1st game 1.96Gb from restart. And the memory buildup cycle will begin once again. At certain point, when the memory used up, the game will crash again.

Does anyone have similar experience? Is it a memory leaking by the game?  Any solution to tackle this problem? Thanks for your advice in advance!

Edited by ak2047_2

89 posts
6,457 battles

Please help I have the same problem as every one here and I have tryed reinstalling the game on 4 different hard drivers and on windows 7, windows 8.1 back to windows 7 and tryed low level format just in case a virus was on the hard drive but I still have the problem. Tryed re install c++ & Dx10, Dx11, tryed video card up to date tryed old drivers for video card so now I have windows 7 pro 64bit fresh copy of the game to date being 3/10/16 . This problem happened to me when the game updated from 0.5.9.0 to 0.5.11.0 and now still on this update also i got a error on this file MSVCR110.dll I re placed the file with a new one but still no fix. If any one knows how to fix this would love to hear from you, I love playing this game and now i am lost HELP PLEASE Thank you Area 5169

89 posts
6,457 battles

Fix my Problem by replacing files from my video card drivers the files are mfc110.dll msvcp110.dll & msvcr110.dll I have ati video card & in the files i put them in the system32 windows 7 64bit and it worked are weeks of play around trying to fix this . Hope this helps some one else. Good luck & enjoy the game. BY jeff1969jaie , Area5169

Sign in to follow this