You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
karrablaster123

Why is there a time duration every day when Ranked is available

36 comments in this topic

ST Coordinator
2,325 posts
2,196 battles

There is a simple reason behind this.

Rigging.

During low population hours, there will be less players playing and hence the likelihood of a group of players rigging it so that one side (or one member) always rank up to the point of Rank 1 easily without the actual need to "try".

4 posts
5,909 battles

But honestly though its kinda stupid imo that something like that is implemented,

I think a better idea would be to not allow ranked battles during the wee hours of the morning (e.g 2am - 9am utc+8)

Super Tester
813 posts
3,912 battles

Rigging.

During low population hours, there will be less players playing and hence the likelihood of a group of players rigging it so that one side (or one member) always rank up to the point of Rank 1 easily without the actual need to "try".

So why doesn't this rule apply to other servers? Is Rigging more prevalent on the ASIA server due to the low overall server population?
Edited by karrablaster123

525 posts
7,946 battles

So why doesn't this rule apply to other servers? Is Rigging more prevalent on the ASIA server due to the low overall server population?

someone from NA said that rigging is even more wide spread there.

Beta Tester
159 posts
8,919 battles

Rigging.

Ok, but for player live in NZ, that's means no ranked battle for us. How can we play between 23:00 to 4:00 everyday? I was going to create account in NA on day1 but WG told me that my local Region is ASIA. Please at least set two time period, or If we are not considered then please let us transfer to other server. 

70 posts
4,682 battles

Ok, but for player live in NZ, that's means no ranked battle for us. How can we play between 23:00 to 4:00 everyday? I was going to create account in NA on day1 but WG told me that my local Region is ASIA. Please at least set two time period, or If we are not considered then please let us transfer to other server.

Totally agree New Zealand has been completely shut out of ranked battles as it stands now.  If NZ is supposed to be on the Asia server then why are we being shut out of ranked battles.

Super Tester
7,582 posts
8,005 battles

Rigging.

Did you just say Rigging? I think yobbo thread is incoming...

[AUSNZ]
[AUSNZ]
Super Tester
1,039 posts
7,704 battles

I guess they want to see even less people play ranked battles this season.

Day light savinfs comes to NZ and australias east coast. Not many games to be played

435 posts
6,169 battles

I’m getting sleepy just thinking about it, but didn’t this popup in the last session release notes and was rebuff. Not again WG, me thinks left hand not talking to the right hand.

Edited by Yul_Brynner

70 posts
4,682 battles

to reward the free to players. the chances will increase that a player who buys lots of ships, premium time etc, will be at work during ranked.

I'm sorry that makes no sense at all.  Depending on your timezone the start of ranked will be from 5pm - 11pm and ending between 10pm - 4am.  Most people work during the day it is the late start for Aus/NZ  players that is bad as most will be going to bed around that time.

Super Tester
562 posts
4,462 battles

Okay, I have to say I am a little disappointed in this as it really limits the playability of what was really my first journey into ranked. (I have my tier 6 all sorted and I've almost got the Tier 8 Bismark with a secondary captain!) However as I tried to play ranked in PT and gave up after waiting for over 10 minutes for a game I can kind of see why they'd do this so they can get maximum player numbers. 

There should be ways around it though, lets say as soon as the population is above 4000 players for instance it could automatically start. I'm sure there's plenty of players who could rig it but then so is using flags, premium ships and consumables vs those who don't use them. It's your choice if you use them just like it's your choice to play during low numbered times so I fail to see what the issue is here. Besides, how many players got to rank 1 last season? From what I can remember most gave up well before then so the rewards weren't exactly being rushed out the door. 

Also what about weekends as well? Does this mean they'll only be running it at these times as well as again this makes absolutely no sense either.

Alas for me my first real attempt at playing ranked and getting into the top 5 seems to have been as scuttled as the Graf Spee was in the River Plate estuary, (curse those pesky NZ cruisers - Ajax and Achilles) when at best I can realistically play 1 hour a day within this time frame. 

Time to take out my frustration on something, it's time to sink there Bismark, the traitorous scoundrel! 

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

Rigging.

And now we will get even less player due to the time zone Rigging issue remain the same :D:D:D

i can see that WoT Team have a better way to deal with this stuff and mistake made by WoWs team again 

Previous rank i spent whole weeked just to play it since i barely have time on Weekday due to work and stuff and now i cant compensate the time cuz WG restriction and most likely we gonna see less player anyways

anyways someone gonna gunned my post down due to question WG so be it :D:D:D 

Beta Tester
159 posts
8,919 battles

This

Fixed it for you

Actually, NZ suffer the most from this stupid decision. Since we are using UTC+13 now.... we have to play after midnight... WTF WG?! why u tell me that NZ belong to asia region in the first place if u dont care about us.

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

Actually, NZ suffer the most from this stupid decision. Since we are using UTC+13 now.... we have to play after midnight... WTF WG?! why u tell me that NZ belong to asia region in the first place if u dont care about us.

I hope WG gonna listen but sadly i dont think so :D:D:D

Maybe is a good time for me to good bye Ranked Battle and WG WoWs team :P

0 posts
8,226 battles

If the ASIA staff think the server is dying and needs to concentrate the players (like what they done for Team Battle), why the NA server, which has lower online peak, can open Rank Battle all day?

By setting the rank time like this, is the ASIA staff telling us:

ANY PLAYER CANT PLAY AT UTC+8 IS STATISTICALLY INSIGNIFICANT FOR THIS GAME? 

or 

ANY PLAYER DOESN'T PLAY AT UTC+8 IS CONSIDERED AS CHEAT IN RANK BATTLE? 

If so, I do not see the point that this game would be "significant" enough to be remained in my hard drive. 

Edited by _Yuudachi_poi_

Beta Tester
159 posts
8,919 battles

If the ASIA staff think the server is dying and needs to concentrate the players (like what they done for Team Battle), why the NA server, which has lower online peak, can open Rank Battle all day?

By setting the rank time like this, is the ASIA staff telling us:

ANY PLAYER CANT PLAY AT UTC+8 IS STATISTICALLY INSIGNIFICANT FOR THIS GAME? 

or 

ANY PLAYER DOESN'T PLAY AT UTC+8 IS CONSIDERED AS CHEAT IN RANK BATTLE? 

If so, I do not see the point that this game would be "significant" enough to be remained in my hard drive. 

I have a felling that WG is not charge this server directly and the WOWS asia team don't love this game.