You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Admiral_Turing

Any tips on Tashkent?

31 comments in this topic

563 posts
4,686 battles

I just researched it, but I'm still keeping her in my port, I planned on getting DE before I take her out, I'm kinda worried since in my Kiev, I'm kinda struggle to start fires on high tier ship, and Tashkent has the same guns

Any thoughts about her? Recommended module, and captain skill, I'm planning 3x4 captain build (screw concealment) is it any good?

Video Contributor
860 posts
10,965 battles

I'd say prioritize on taking AFT first before DE. The extra range gives you more room to wiggle its big hull and avoid shots.

On your way on taking DE you might want to focus on chipping HP off lightly armored ships and bully other DD rather than setting fires to BBs.

Playstyle is standar RU DDs routine, press Y and shoot while WASDing. Hang the Sierra Mike and you'll outrun shells at 46kn+

Modules is MAM1, ASM1, Propulsion Mod. 1, Propulsion Mod.2, and your choice for either Concealment or the upcoming Steering Mod.3

And yep, go for 3x4 captain skill as they pretty much boost everything that is good about RU DDs.

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

don't angle tashkent against battlehship. one lucky roll is enough to one shot you with AP. i experience it couple of times. keep your distance to better dodge shots.

[1NATN]
[1NATN]
406 posts
15,029 battles

Do you try to go for cap contest? or stay around and kite?

Hell no. Stay with the bigger ships and lay screens, pepper from range. If you get lit up by radar you'll be dead before you know it, you're such a big target.

I went with a concealment loadout, got detection down to 7.4km which is pretty workable and you can still fire torps from concealment, albeit with a skinny margin of error.

Edited by Bex_o7

Video Contributor
860 posts
10,965 battles

Here's how I contest caps with RU DDs,

Near the cap and got spotted? Don't back out, keep going into the cap until you spot the enemy DD (because chances are he's driving into the cap too)

You may take incoming fire at that moment, and enemy DD would also be shooting at you.. Do a 180 and smoke up inside the cap, keep shooting along the way.

Go back and forth inside the smoke and put your ship perpendicular to enemy DD last known position, increasing the chance of dodging their torps.

Or just leave the smoke if you're unsure, and then go back into the cap again after you spot the torps

There's a lot of way to successfully contest a cap. But most of all, make sure you have friendly ships behind you.

Beta Tester
1,167 posts
7,495 battles

Definitely get AFT first, it helps a lot. Your range is shorter than Kiev plus you're easier to hit. DE and SE are both handy. Concealment Expert isn't really since you'll be shooting all the time.

Originally, I had Propulsion Mod 2 but have since switched that to the Rudder Shift module. I ran some tests in the Training Room and PM2 only noticeably affected low-speed performance. ie. Accelerating from stopped. This can be handy when you're in a smoke cloud, but with 125,000 horsepower Tashkent doesn't take long to get moving anyway. What was disappointing was the full speed turning performance - it was exactly the same with or without it. Dodging around at full speed is what you'll be doing lots of in Tashkent, so I found Rudder Shift to be a bit more useful.

However, with the new Super Rudder Shift module in the Concealment slot, I suppose you could have both now.

Beta Tester
1,167 posts
7,495 battles

Here's how I contest caps with RU DDs,

Near the cap and got spotted? Don't back out, keep going into the cap until you spot the enemy DD (because chances are he's driving into the cap too)

You may take incoming fire at that moment, and enemy DD would also be shooting at you.. Do a 180 and smoke up inside the cap, keep shooting along the way.

Go back and forth inside the smoke and put your ship perpendicular to enemy DD last known position, increasing the chance of dodging their torps.

Or just leave the smoke if you're unsure, and then go back into the cap again after you spot the torps

There's a lot of way to successfully contest a cap. But most of all, make sure you have friendly ships behind you.

I agree. This works well at the beginning of a match because of your speed - get to the cap zone early and you'll have control over the engagement, generally before the enemy Cruisers are close enough to ruin your day.

66 posts
1,373 battles

Do not ever, ever, EVER try to knife fight a Benson. The only time you will win is if he's not paying attention. Also, like everyone says, get AFT first, it'll help a lot. Concealment mod will help get you down to about 8km so you won't get spotted that quickly. Rudder shift mod will give you (somewhat) workable rudder shift time especially on the stock hull.

Don't really want to open another thread. Give me some Ognevoi advice too. Getting inconsistent games. Even with a very good captain, 2x4 right now.

Don't loose a turret or you're in for a really bad time?

Super Tester
7,577 posts
8,001 battles

Don't loose a turret or you're in for a really bad time?

Out of 4 games I already got 1 detonation. Tried a few more vs Bots to skip a stock grind, got detonated there multiple times as well. Now I'm really scared, is detonation chance higher with VMF or some shit?

563 posts
4,686 battles

Out of 4 games I already got 1 detonation. Tried a few more vs Bots to skip a stock grind, got detonated there multiple times as well. Now I'm really scared, is detonation chance higher with VMF or some shit?

I experienced it on izyaslav, ognevoi is pretty good, it can still contest cap, unlike kiev. And that HP pool..

Super Tester
7,577 posts
8,001 battles

I experienced it on izyaslav, ognevoi is pretty good, it can still contest cap, unlike kiev. And that HP pool..

I still have no idea why Kiev must have lower HP than Ognevoi, looks like I will try to reach 18 pt while on Ognevoi so that I can take SE for Kiev.

Beta Tester
1,167 posts
7,495 battles

I still have no idea why Kiev must have lower HP than Ognevoi, looks like I will try to reach 18 pt while on Ognevoi so that I can take SE for Kiev.

It didn't originally - Kiev got a big nerf a while back because it was too strong.

Beta Tester
296 posts
12,511 battles

Use your credit card and skip it.

I`m pretty sedrious about this.

I have Khabarovsk but have no games in T2~6 and T9 Soviet DD.

[AUSNZ]
420 posts
16,059 battles

My friend who is grinding through the Tashkent right now recommends you have enough Free XP saved up to go strait for the Udaloi.

66 posts
1,373 battles

Starting from my Izyaslav, I will always get detonated in my first few games until I fix the Magazine Modifications and the Second Hull. Izyaslav got stuck by a torpedo, detonated. Gnevny got shot by a CA, detonated. Ognevoi got shot my a Mutsuki, detonated, Kiev received one hit from a Ognevoi (that was really frustrating, it was the first hit in my first match), detonated.

It didn't originally - Kiev got a big nerf a while back because it was too strong.

Still strong, nerf again? :trollface:

My friend who is grinding through the Tashkent right now recommends you have enough Free XP saved up to go strait for the Udaloi.

Grinding the Tashkent tends to be pretty frustrating since most players view you as nothing more then target practice. I swear, everytime I get spotted, all the Cruisers on the map will stop shooting at whatever they were originally firing at and start lobbing HE at me. :unsure:

126 posts
8,263 battles

I just researched it, but I'm still keeping her in my port, I planned on getting DE before I take her out, I'm kinda worried since in my Kiev, I'm kinda struggle to start fires on high tier ship, and Tashkent has the same guns

Any thoughts about her? Recommended module, and captain skill, I'm planning 3x4 captain build (screw concealment) is it any good?

If you didnt feel well in Kiev

Then I am VERY SORRY to tell you tashkent kinda sucks...

Not a good ship...her guns have less range than kiev...That sucks

Tashkent would meet T10 ships and T10 crusiers can hit you within her 15km...

But tashkent have a great amount of HP (and you wont get devastated like Kiev)

Also her torps are good one...great reload time

I recommend steering module and concealment module for her

Captain Skills...3x4 

126 posts
8,263 battles

Don't really want to open another thread. Give me some Ognevoi advice too. Getting inconsistent games. Even with a very good captain, 2x4 right now.

Well...I played Ogenvoi without AFT and I got a aver damage around 43k

Playing her is simple...

Detected a ship...back a bit...BURN!

If you got AFT I bet you can shoot crusiers at 13km Meanwhile they cant piss you off...

Handle the cap to the US DDs...you are not the one to cap

At least not in first 5min

Super Tester
7,577 posts
8,001 battles

Well...I played Ogenvoi without AFT and I got a aver damage around 43k

Playing her is simple...

Detected a ship...back a bit...BURN!

If you got AFT I bet you can shoot crusiers at 13km Meanwhile they cant piss you off...

Handle the cap to the US DDs...you are not the one to cap

At least not in first 5min

I have both AFT+DE

313 posts
10,075 battles

I guess u wanted to say parallel instead of perpendicular 

Video Contributor
860 posts
10,965 battles

I guess u wanted to say parallel instead of perpendicular 

I'm pretty sure when the enemy DD launches their torp you should be perpendicular against their boat to thread the needle around the torps that will be sailing parallel to your boat :)

313 posts
10,075 battles

I'm pretty sure when the enemy DD launches their torp you should be perpendicularagainst their boat to thread the needle around the torps that will be sailing parallel to your boat :)

This is my idea, am i right?

perpendicular.png

i don't care enemy ship direction,

if there are incoming torps, they will come from last know position anyway, enemy ship direction is irrelevant.

perpendicular.png