Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
wookielord

Smoke ?WHY am losing detection and visual

9 comments in this topic

96 posts
3,809 battles

Simple Question Why am i losing detection and visuals of ships in my own smoke??? While using my dd ,Seems to happen a lot between 3k and 6k..I can see them ok till that range then some just dissappear,Regardless of whether i am still in the smoke or slow moving.. Smoke is dds friend i thought or has this changed..Frustrating waiting in the danger zone for a trp attack only to lose visuals of ships forcing a guess and hope trp spread.. Cheers confused???

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

its only normal to lose LoS when you are surrounded by your own smoke, smoke is not a one way mirror where you can only see the enemies but the enemy can't see you. it use to work that way back in CBT but devs changes it because its too imbalance.

right now you can only see enemy ship/planes if there are other allies e.g ship or planes to spot them for you.

1,174 posts
10,495 battles

That is because no one else is spotting that ship for you. You need another ship outside smoke to spot those enemy ships.It is best that you know what type of DD you are using.[

IJN DD are best for spotting because of their concealment

Russian DDs are more like cruisers in small structure

USN DDs are mix of IJN and russian DDs

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

No one can see through smoke except at point blank ranges - you need spotters outside smoke to keep track of targets. And before you ask, it's been this way for ages.

Super Tester
7,567 posts
8,001 battles

its only normal to lose LoS when you are surrounded by your own smoke, smoke is not a one way mirror where you can only see the enemies but the enemy can't see you. it use to work that way back in CBT but devs changes it because its too imbalance.

right now you can only see enemy ship/planes if there are other allies e.g ship or planes to spot them for you.

Or they come to your proxy spotting range which is normally 2 Km. However, OP, take a note that, enemy have multiple ways to see you through smoke, but if no one is spotting for you (or you are not a Lo Yang) you cannot see past smoke if close (like a mountain) to it or from within the smoke circle.

96 posts
3,809 battles

Thankyou now i know for sure.. seemed to be a lot false claims cheers

334 posts
13,028 battles

I see more dd's laying smoke for allies these days which is a good thing but they forget someone has to be outside the smoke to spot. No good blinding your bb and then hightailing it in the opposite direction. Still at least it's seems to be happening more so the team work thing is sorta sinking in.

Sign in to follow this