You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
KongouHime

Blind teammates

30 comments in this topic

[BRU]
309 posts
11,163 battles

Awhile ago, I was in a Zuiho in the Strait map when 3 enemy destroyers went on B and outflank us and went to me. I tried to kill them but what hurts me the most is I send SOS and no one even help me by focusing on other enemy ships even I'm near them like 6-7km away from them. Result?? I died from torpedoes. Now I understand why SEA is one of the worst servers. No one will help you, well not all. I'm now sure Dota2 and WoWS will get along hehehe.

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

Now I understand why SEA is one of the worst Servers.

Meanwhile on NA:

CA Player: "CAs do your role, we have to provide AA!"

Result:

All CAs dingle around BBs and CVs and are way too far away to provide cover fire for advancing DDs.

181 posts
4,257 battles

Sometimes it happens on higher tiers too but I get your point though.

Sometimes ? lol

When I'm reversing near a small island, they block the way and i get penned/torped.

Trying to disengage by moving behind an isle, get rammed to d other way so m gangfried.

Call support of ships - start moving in a straight line and get torped.

Ask CV to run, replies back you should've said east or west, lost half HP b specific, etc.

Happens all the time and I'm talking abt tiers 6-8 so @ OP, no it doesn't get better in higher tiers either.   

2,221 posts
13,698 battles

Sometimes ? lol

When I'm reversing near a small island, they block the way and i get penned/torped.

Trying to disengage by moving behind an isle, get rammed to d other way so m gangfried.

Call support of ships - start moving in a straight line and get torped.

Ask CV to run, replies back you should've said east or west, lost half HP b specific, etc.

Happens all the time and I'm talking abt tiers 6-8 so @ OP, no it doesn't get better in higher tiers either.   

Lol, sounds familiar. Are you able to consider it from the other persons point of view? You know I have raised this with you in game and the reason is not because you weren't specific, it is because you then get sarcastic after the fact.

- CV busy trying to control planes. Has fighters approaching, is lining up a manual drops, is spotting.

- You say run. People have to take their focus off what they are doing, determine if you are speaking to them, determine the threat you see, determine the best way to go.

You had all that information that you had gathered at a moment when you were not engaged. They are not mind readers so they don't know what you are thinking. You choose to make them work out what you have seen while they are engaged, rather than typing an extra word or 2. As it was in the situation I believe you are referring to I lost a squad of planes because I had to shift focus to the CV as it is more important than 1 squadron. It turned out I need not have done that, but I was trying to work out what you had seen and they were lost in that time.

If you say "CV run east" for example they can quickly initiate and then start a self assessment. Further more it provides extra information that can be deduced, like the threat is coming from the west.

Edited by keskparane

Super Tester
7,539 posts
7,978 battles

Dota2 is much better once you get past 3K MMR. Almost everyone knows everything.

However, I once found a guy who told me this story:

He goes to a game cafe, he has 12 ships, but he only has limited time. So he takes one, yolo to enemy, kill one or two if possible, as soon as he dies, he goes to port, picks another one and does same. He claimed there is nothing wrong with it, he was just collecting daily win bonuses in the "most efficient way".

1,196 posts
2,883 battles

Dota2 is much better once you get past 3K MMR. Almost everyone knows everything.

However, I once found a guy who told me this story:

He goes to a game cafe, he has 12 ships, but he only has limited time. So he takes one, yolo to enemy, kill one or two if possible, as soon as he dies, he goes to port, picks another one and does same. He claimed there is nothing wrong with it, he was just collecting daily win bonuses in the "most efficient way".

Well if he is taking down 2 enemy ships for one of his ship then he already did his job. 

Super Tester
7,539 posts
7,978 battles

Well if he is taking down 2 enemy ships for one of his ship then he already did his job. 

Hard to believe he was actually successful. One of the players who think it was wise to go through the middle of Two Brothers.

[IMSDF]
Beta Tester
218 posts
4,648 battles

it is also partly your fault due to the fact that you didn't analyzed the current situation of the battlefield, you are in an open flank with no defense, and you are standing out like a sitting duck :P

:honoring:

1,196 posts
2,883 battles

Hard to believe he was actually successful. One of the players who think it was wise to go through the middle of Two Brothers.

Well if every player on your team get 2 kills per life then they already successful in killing ships. Going through the middle of 2TB is viable tactic, did it a few times before in my Mahan and back capped the enemy team as they were so scattered around the map :teethhappy:

Super Tester
458 posts
7,194 battles

Clearly, most players who play F2P games do not care about their performance, and they just potato around.

Just play gunboats and carry

Super Tester
813 posts
3,912 battles

Clearly, most players who play F2P games do not care about their performance, and they just potato around.

Just play gunboats and carry

There is a very solo mindset to most games

Super Tester
813 posts
3,912 battles

Awhile ago, I was in a Zuiho in the Strait map when 3 enemy destroyers went on B and outflank us and went to me. I tried to kill them but what hurts me the most is I send SOS and no one even help me by focusing on other enemy ships even I'm near them like 6-7km away from them. Result?? I died from torpedoes. Now I understand why SEA is one of the worst servers. No one will help you, well not all. I'm now sure Dota2 and WoWS will get along hehehe.

You should have more map awareness, especially at lower tiers. Secondly I don't know if the people who saw your message actually understood it(SOS is not understood by everyone).

220 posts
3,420 battles

There is a very solo mindset to most games

This is so true and this is why WOW's is so very good..all about the growing experience and depth to this "game", you very soon get past the Me and move to the Us then the rants start (as expectations of ones own outlook on others equal abilities grows) why doesn't everyone play like me with my attitudes 

Then we learn more and realize we actually aren't as good and pure thinking as we thought and were very quick to judge..It's all about silly Rumfeld's unknown knowable,  now he was silly :)

Then you get really good and are there for others, like many I see on this forum, personally I'm in the rant/judge/how hopeless everyone is compared me and this is because as said, I'm hopeless. 

Such is life

This is a great game

[BRU]
309 posts
11,163 battles

I'm always have map awareness in all my battles, I know that anytime a destroyer will come to attack me that's why I move out with the fleet. My point is that I'm near with the allied ships and they're oblivious that DD's are backstabbing. Since my allied ships are focusing on killing other ships, I have no choice but to fend them by myself but failed. I'll be satisfied that a singular ship is enough to fend off sneaky DD's.

Super Tester
7,539 posts
7,978 battles

Well if every player on your team get 2 kills per life then they already successful in killing ships. Going through the middle of 2TB is viable tactic, did it a few times before in my Mahan and back capped the enemy team as they were so scattered around the map :teethhappy:

I mean at the start of the match. That is not that good idea.

Super Tester
7,539 posts
7,978 battles

This is so true and this is why WOW's is so very good..all about the growing experience and depth to this "game", you very soon get past the Me and move to the Us then the rants start (as expectations of ones own outlook on others equal abilities grows) why doesn't everyone play like me with my attitudes 

Then we learn more and realize we actually aren't as good and pure thinking as we thought and were very quick to judge..It's all about silly Rumfeld's unknown knowable,  now he was silly :)

Then you get really good and are there for others, like many I see on this forum, personally I'm in the rant/judge/how hopeless everyone is compared me and this is because as said, I'm hopeless. 

Such is life

This is a great game

Also at one point you stop ranting at all. cause you concentrate on your own game too much that you don't have time to criticize others. Now I only rant in game chat when I'm dead. cause before that I don't really care who is doing what.

220 posts
3,420 battles

Also at one point you stop ranting at all. cause you concentrate on your own game too much that you don't have time to criticize others. Now I only rant in game chat when I'm dead. cause before that I don't really care who is doing what.

That is just to weird I must be progressing, tonight was my own first rant in a battle (or second), I was in a little ship and the CV focused on me first, killed me in a moment.. so I rant

Why me I'm just little...with a "sheese" afterwards

It felt good then knew he didn't care as I didn't when I did the same in my BB to a little cruiser earlier, never thought a thing about him...still don't :)

what comes around comes around. I do wonder what we grow into when we get good.

[IMSDF]
Beta Tester
218 posts
4,648 battles

I'm always have map awareness in all my battles, I know that anytime a destroyer will come to attack me that's why I move out with the fleet. My point is that I'm near with the allied ships and they're oblivious that DD's are backstabbing. Since my allied ships are focusing on killing other ships, I have no choice but to fend them by myself but failed. I'll be satisfied that a singular ship is enough to fend off sneaky DD's.

if that is the case, the it is the usual incompetence of those players :angry:

:honoring:

1,174 posts
10,495 battles

Lol, sounds familiar. Are you able to consider it from the other persons point of view? You know I have raised this with you in game and the reason is not because you weren't specific, it is because you then get sarcastic after the fact.

- CV busy trying to control planes. Has fighters approaching, is lining up a manual drops, is spotting.

- You say run. People have to take their focus off what they are doing, determine if you are speaking to them, determine the threat you see, determine the best way to go.

You had all that information that you had gathered at a moment when you were not engaged. They are not mind readers so they don't know what you are thinking. You choose to make them work out what you have seen while they are engaged, rather than typing an extra word or 2. As it was in the situation I believe you are referring to I lost a squad of planes because I had to shift focus to the CV as it is more important than 1 squadron. It turned out I need not have done that, but I was trying to work out what you had seen and they were lost in that time.

If you say "CV run east" for example they can quickly initiate and then start a self assessment. Further more it provides extra information that can be deduced, like the threat is coming from the west.

You pretty much got it wrong. what Aniket was explaining was CV was gonna be under attack and he asked him to move or like he said run. I don't know how hard it is for a player to know the sense of direction he should be heading while in danger. Instead he says you didn't say where to go (east or west).For me he is pretty much dumb if he asks that kinda question. 

"And you choose to make them work out what you have seen while they are still engaged" Well CV can see the whole Map it is always in Map mode not like he can't see them while dropping things and i don't think that manual dropping take more than 20secs and if he is a t6 or a t7 CV player then he can do that mutli-tasking pretty easily. And he can see whole Map he is always in Map view doesn't he know where danger is coming from and where to go.

I don't get it you're taking side of a player who asks another player where to go???? 

Edited by Aaditya_AJ

181 posts
4,257 battles

You pretty much got it wrong. what Aniket was explaining was CV was gonna be under attack and he asked him to move or like he said run. I don't know how hard it is for a player to know the sense of direction he should be heading while in danger. Instead he says you didn't say where to go (east or west).For me he is pretty much dumb if he asks that kinda question. 

"And you choose to make them work out what you have seen while they are still engaged" Well CV can see the whole Map it is always in Map mode not like he can't see them while dropping things and i don't think that manual dropping take more than 20secs and if he is a t6 or a t7 CV player then he can do that mutli-tasking pretty easily. And he can see whole Map he is always in Map view doesn't he know where danger is coming from and where to go.

I don't get it you're taking side of a player who asks another player where to go???? 

:facepalm:

Oh dear I didn't even take this guy's name here and he gets offended, but since you took up the issue AJ, let me clarify this.

For the record I was caught up the entirety of the t8 match in my t6 bayern. Towards the dying moments i tried to disengage but failed. Was outnumbered (1:n with enemy BBs nd CAs). While i tried disengaging i noticed coming close to our base and CV as well. With repair in cooldown took shelter of an isle only to do torpedo beats and maneuver from TBs and DBs(nope no fighters came to help either). Hence judging the CV being in offensive built and unaware of the aircrafts, I issued him the warning 'CV run'. Believe me that was the max i cud've typed thn. Not enough i guess. :unsure:

The concerned guy isn't taking the side of the CV as another teammate. He WAS the CV.   

Edited by Aniket_Sengupta