You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
FenrirApalis

Question

15 comments in this topic

1,859 posts
5,797 battles

so you guys know how different servers have different average win rates? I feel like it is a bit confusing, everytime 12 players win, 12 others lose right? So won't the average always be 50%?:amazed: Or is it because a unicum that has played loads of matches would pull up the average even with a noob Haku with less battles?

Plz explain brain damaged. RRRRRRR

Super Tester
7,558 posts
8,001 battles

Server average win rate is the average of the average win rate of all players. Lots of players who start to play but quits shortly after few losses, again there are lot of players who win more than they lose and vice versa.

66 posts
1,373 battles

Maybe it becomes imbalanced because players are being constantly shuffled into teams with different skill levels. Example, I had a match with a Myoko (not platooned) this morning and our team lost. Immediately, in the next match he was on the opposing team and he won but I lost again. So his win rate would remain the same (1 win, 1 loss) but mine would be drastically lowered (2 losses).

For today, I went on a losing streak and only won a couple of games. Who knows, maybe tomorrow my losing streak will still continue (please don't). Then my WR will plummet even further and I will be forced to free XP my Udaloi but whoever was playing against me will have a happy time. Maybe MM will pity me and place me in a nice team and my WR will average out again.

Edited by Freelancer_Tesla

[SGC]
Super Tester
1,459 posts
6,811 battles

3rd Party sites have slightly skewed statistics (Below average players hide their stats) so only WG knows the true numbers.

Other server Win Rates can be explained by their different cultures as well.

For example, ASIA Server surprisingly have a healthy cruiser population, NA and EU are more BB dominated.

ASIA Server is also more passive. We love to camp and snipe more.

RU Server is full YOLO. They literally charge at the enemy, which is why USN CAs perform rather well there, and RU CAs falter. They actually get into brawling range.

Super Tester
7,558 posts
8,001 battles

If I'm not wrong, our player base is the largest among the servers (somebody correct me if I'm wrong). The small number of unicums will hardly help pull up the win rate as it is too 'diluted'.

Ourplayerbase is the smallest one.

66 posts
1,373 battles

The average winrate is actually around 48 or 49%, actually. Someone with better mathematical theory than me can explain.

Coin flips

PS: I do not condone gambling, this is merely of educational purposes.

Also, thanks to Syanda and icy_pheonix for clarifying about the player base.

Edited by Freelancer_Tesla

683 posts
7,358 battles

Well, because almost all matches there are equal number of winning and losing players... so theoretically average server win rate should be 50%

What I think is... is it because we still occasionally getting "draw" matches, not counted as "win" ?

Super Tester
7,558 posts
8,001 battles

This system is not fair and can be influenced by outside factor like divisions. So, coin tossing rules will not work. However, over a large set of sample it should still be near 50%.

Beta Tester
1,043 posts
4,300 battles

The average winrate is actually around 48 or 49%, actually. Someone with better mathematical theory than me can explain.

Average will be 50% if not for divisions. MM algorithm will make sure anyone getting a lot of wins will be put to a rigged match of afks vs unicums and get their WR back to 50%, same for those losing too much. You can counter this by going to division with some good players.

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

Average will be 50% if not for divisions. MM algorithm will make sure anyone getting a lot of wins will be put to a rigged match of afks vs unicums and get their WR back to 50%, same for those losing too much. You can counter this by going to division with some good players.

IIRC, one of the NA users simulated this on their forums - compassghost, I think? The average winrate evened out at under 50%. Not entirely sure why, gotta see if I can pull up their post.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

The only possible reason why it is always under 50%

Because they compare the win with the number of match that of course make avg WR to under 50%

Other than that idk