You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
juniorkiller

USS South Dakota

9 comments in this topic

1,809 posts
8,014 battles

Are you guys planning on adding the USS South Dakota as a premium BB for US tech tree? If so, that'd be great!

I think they will make as a tier VII split, and be a regular class of the tree i think, which is nice :hiding:
Edited by BIGCOREMKP0I

Beta Tester
434 posts
3,179 battles

I think they will make as a tier VII split, and be a regular class of the tree i think, which is nice :hiding:

Tier VII?!

It's a superior North Carolina.

The only way a South Dakota will be Tier VII is if WG bork the stats in game, in opposition of it's real life stats compared to a North Carolina.

Tee

223 posts
8,238 battles

Tier VII?!

It's a superior North Carolina.

The only way a South Dakota will be Tier VII is if WG bork the stats in game, in opposition of it's real life stats compared to a North Carolina.

Tee

Historically speaking, South Dakota is slighty smaller than NC, it's not the NC class, i think :D 

Beta Tester
434 posts
3,179 battles

Historically speaking, South Dakota is slighty smaller than NC, it's not the NC class, i think :D 

Umm, I know this.

The South Dakota was smaller in size however it was a superior battleship to the North Carolina (with the exception of it being rather cramped). Smaller =/= worse...

The North Carolina wasn't sufficiently protected from 16" shells and to design a ship that could better withstand 16" shells on a similar tonnage, they had to shorten the hull so they could increase the armour thickness.

The North Carolina's were a preceeding class to the South Dakota's.

Tee

223 posts
8,238 battles

Umm, I know this.

The South Dakota was smaller in size however it was a superior battleship to the North Carolina (with the exception of it being rather cramped). Smaller =/= worse...

The North Carolina wasn't sufficiently protected from 16" shells and to design a ship that could better withstand 16" shells on a similar tonnage, they had to shorten the hull so they could increase the armour thickness.

The North Carolina's were a preceeding class to the South Dakota's.

Tee

If so, she'll be a tier 8. (if WG intends to do so :D )

15 posts

T7 or T8 would kinda be a question are you talking Battleship X or her sister ships. Granted the main armament was the same but after the So-Dak they really did put a lot of changes into the others.  I'd really prefer her to have some research-ability than a standard premium.