You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
FishyPower

Why do you like world of warships

23 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
902 posts
4,277 battles

Personally, I started my journey of world of warships as a beta-tester. I bought the Yuubari just to have access to the game. I enjoyed playing it for a period of time, until world of warships was free to all. Guides popped up everywhere, and eventually, I felt that skills didn't really help you play this game. I'll just compare world of tanks to world of warships. (Assume one on one) Light tanks can out-vision a heavy tank and kill the heavy tank from afar, but the heavy tank can hide in cities and force the light tank to give up that advantage. Destroyers in this game however, can just invis-fire or invis-torp a battleship to death. Heavy tanks can use armor to render themselves invulnerable to medium tanks whose guns are weaker. However, mediums can use their mobility and circle the heavy, suffering no damage to themselves (Applies to light tanks too) Yet, the heavy tank and back up against a wall to make it impossible for the mediums to circle. Cruisers however and just stay at range, spam HE at battleships while the battleships can do little to avoid death. Battleships only have their health and armor to rely on, which only prolongs their inevitable death. Compare carriers to artillery. Carriers have torpedo bombers which are easy to dodge for crusier and destoryers and only one or two will hit battleships. They also have bombers who don't do a lot of damage unless the fire isn't put out. Compared to artillery whose shells are relative instantaneous and hard to predict. So yeah, tell me why you like world of warships taking this into consideration 

Beta Tester
902 posts
4,277 battles

Mind explaining tactics? Personally as I described, I think that the scissor paper stone model is too clear cut in world of warships if your opponent is semi competent, you can't fight back.

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

I only play up to tier VI and haven't seen any such issues there.

Played correctly I can counter X with Z and vice versa.

Making the wrong move I explode and sink.

My Myogi, Wyoming, New Mexico and Fusou don't fear the cruisers they meet.

Most of them can't outrun me, and they either lack accuracy or guns to pose an impossible threat.

Destroyers can't move in without the risk of having their hitpoints halved with a single salvo and on mid to long

range a torpedo salvo isn't as scary as when it's launched at 3.5km.

Other BBs usually follow easy to read patterns and generally aren't good at melee knife fights or long range engagements.

And CVs generally aren't that strong at this tier, scoring at most 3 hits per run when engaged by the bombers of two CVs.

The same goes for other ship classes, with which I just deploy different tactics.

As for high tiers... I don't talk about things I don't play.

In my opinion starting at tier VI the overall balancing goes to cakes.

Tier IV and V already show minor hints of these problems, but they generally still work out.

66 posts
1,373 battles

Lower tiered ships can actually annoy higher tiered ships to death by spamming HE using superior tactics. The lack of premium shells also makes the game more balanced (HEAT rounds anyone?).

Beta Tester
902 posts
4,277 battles

Lol BB rant in disguise. Kek. Push with your team and the enemy won't be bothering you as much

Look at my battlecount. Do i seem to play a lot of battleships other than my arkansas? No? Well, i have no complains on arkansas so yeah.

Beta Tester
902 posts
4,277 battles

Lower tiered ships can actually annoy higher tiered ships to death by spamming HE using superior tactics. The lack of premium shells also makes the game more balanced (HEAT rounds anyone?).

But think about it from a higher tier guy's view, would it piss you off it you just got HE spammed to death by fire?

Edit: Hi antifoulawl

Edited by FishyPower

181 posts
4,257 battles

Becoz Warships are love, warships are life. 

Cool stuffs:

• Satisfaction of penning ships with full salvos
  • The feel when your torpedoes hit
  • Counting planes falling off while coming to torp or bomb you
  • Torpedobeats
  • Annoying enemies with fires set :trollface:

66 posts
1,373 battles

But think about it from a higher tier guy's view, would it piss you off it you just got HE spammed to death by fire?

I admit, yes (but the only time I spam HE is in a DD fight against a BB). Still, it's good to know that lower tiers can actually fight back against higher tiers rather then getting steamrolled by them. Maybe fire damage could use a bit of tweaking (lower calibers deal less DOT) to make HE spamming less problematic.

203 posts
11,795 battles

Becoz Warships are love, warships are life. 

Cool stuffs:

• Satisfaction of penning ships with full salvos
  • The feel when your torpedoes hit
  • Counting planes falling off while coming to torp or bomb you
  • Torpedobeats
  • Annoying enemies with fires set :trollface:

That sums up a lot of things I like about wows already. 

I love sound effects and voice over, especially when I take damage and firing my main armaments.

Hearing "enemy warships destroyed" with that kill sound is also satisfying (Except for detonation kills). :P

671 posts
1,508 battles

I like ships, I like WG and I like russians ships. Saw this game in september(2015) played it once, quit, watched a certain show from east asia, fondness of ships came back, updated game, and yeah.

671 posts
1,508 battles

Disrupt enemy play, and lol.

Ladies and gents, here we see a example why #RussianBias exists.

"What bias? I dont see no bias"

-Certain Game Developer cough*gaijin*cough

Super Tester
813 posts
3,912 battles

Personally, I started my journey of world of warships as a beta-tester. I bought the Yuubari just to have access to the game. I enjoyed playing it for a period of time, until world of warships was free to all. Guides popped up everywhere, and eventually, I felt that skills didn't really help you play this game. I'll just compare world of tanks to world of warships. (Assume one on one) Light tanks can out-vision a heavy tank and kill the heavy tank from afar, but the heavy tank can hide in cities and force the light tank to give up that advantage. Destroyers in this game however, can just invis-fire or invis-torp a battleship to death. Heavy tanks can use armor to render themselves invulnerable to medium tanks whose guns are weaker. However, mediums can use their mobility and circle the heavy, suffering no damage to themselves (Applies to light tanks too) Yet, the heavy tank and back up against a wall to make it impossible for the mediums to circle. Cruisers however and just stay at range, spam HE at battleships while the battleships can do little to avoid death. Battleships only have their health and armor to rely on, which only prolongs their inevitable death. Compare carriers to artillery. Carriers have torpedo bombers which are easy to dodge for crusier and destoryers and only one or two will hit battleships. They also have bombers who don't do a lot of damage unless the fire isn't put out. Compared to artillery whose shells are relative instantaneous and hard to predict. So yeah, tell me why you like world of warships taking this into consideration 

First of all don't compare carriers with arty. Carriers can spot enemy ships, [content removed] arty can't.Carriers can fight other planes, arty can't. Carriers are less RNG based. Carriers are really fun upto tier 7(I hear tier 8 onwards it sucks). If you can't hit more than two torps with your torpedo bombers you are playing carriers wrong. Playing carriers requires a lot of skill, arty,  not so much. They are going to rework the CV UI soon™.

If you get invis-torped you are not paying proper attention. At lower tiers this is possible, but it teaches players to keep changing their course and speed. When a cruiser comes within your BB range you should be able to hit him. Practice leading a lot. Learn to fire at citadels.

Edit: Hi antifoulawl

Fire chances are not all that high. Proper use of Damage control helps. This mechanic allows low tier ships to have a fighting chance against higher tier ships. 

Now, why I like this game? Well cos' Ships, History, Big Guns, Wargaming and what Aniket_Sengupta said.

Derogatory. Post edited, user sanctioned.

~amade

Edited by amade

Beta Tester
902 posts
4,277 battles

First of all don't compare carriers with arty. Carriers can spot enemy ships, [content removed] arty can't.Carriers can fight other planes, arty can't. Carriers are less RNG based. Carriers are really fun upto tier 7(I hear tier 8 onwards it sucks). If you can't hit more than two torps with your torpedo bombers you are playing carriers wrong. Playing carriers requires a lot of skill, arty,  not so much. They are going to rework the CV UI soon™.

If you get invis-torped you are not paying proper attention. At lower tiers this is possible, but it teaches players to keep changing their course and speed. When a cruiser comes within your BB range you should be able to hit him. Practice leading a lot. Learn to fire at citadels.

I'll admit the CV part was bad comparison. In my defence, I don't play CVs :P But if there is training room for wows, ill challenge you to one on one CA vs BB up to tier 7, you take the BB, deal with my WASD hax. And also, i mean invis-torp as in not being able to see the DD when he drops the torp. Hitting is another matter.

Quote updated.

~amade

Edited by amade