Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Admiralthomas

Faulty game mechanics.

10 comments in this topic

199 posts
18,023 battles

I was playing my BB aiming at a cruiser less than 10 km. Waiting for him to turn broadside before firing full salvos. The shots end up overpen missing the cruiser. It is an easy kill but have to wait for reload again. Something is wrong with the game mechanics, no way I can miss that shot. Occasionally this happens. I wasn't turning or moving.

Super Tester
458 posts
7,194 battles

I was playing my BB aiming at a cruiser less than 10 km. Waiting for him to turn broadside before firing full salvos. The shots end up overpen missing the cruiser. It is an easy kill but have to wait for reload again. Something is wrong with the game mechanics, no way I can miss that shot. Occasionally this happens. I wasn't turning or moving.

AP mechanics are working as intended, don't see anything faulty

AP shells have 1/6 of their caliber of arming distance, meaning that they have to pass through 1/6 of their calibre in armour thickness to be armed.  if a thinly armoured cruiser (say, kutuzov with 26mm) sails broadside at close range your shells would just pass through both plates without arming.

Even after penetrating, the shell has a fuse delay.  BB shells (except scharnhorst at 0.01s) typically have a fuse time of 0.033 seconds.  That explains why you overpen skinny cruisers at close range, when your shells travel quickly and exit the ship before they explode.

Also, it would help to know game mechanics before complaining on the forums

199 posts
18,023 battles

This is really annoying as I have to hope for a hit every time I fired my guns. Can't let the ships get too close. Can't understand it, I can destroy a CA within 20 km but missing my shot at 10 km. It's only happens occasionally. What is affecting this fault ? If it is luck, then why do we aim our guns, just shoot and get luck decide the outcome. The reload on BB is long and I can't avoid or hide. Frustrating.

199 posts
18,023 battles

AP mechanics are working as intended, don't see anything faulty

AP shells have 1/6 of their caliber of arming distance, meaning that they have to pass through 1/6 of their calibre in armour thickness to be armed.  if a thinly armoured cruiser (say, kutuzov with 26mm) sails broadside at close range your shells would just pass through both plates without arming.

Even after penetrating, the shell has a fuse delay.  BB shells (except scharnhorst at 0.01s) typically have a fuse time of 0.033 seconds.  That explains why you overpen skinny cruisers at close range, when your shells travel quickly and exit the ship before they explode.

Also, it would help to know game mechanics before complaining on the forum

​If this is the explaination, I am really doubting my hit damage every time I shooting my gun. After viewing the video, this explain the luck involved . We really have to depend on teammate to finish the enemy.

Edited by Admiralthomas

Super Tester
2,725 posts

I'm sorry for looking at your stats but I really have to ask: Of all your 1.3k BB battles out of 9k battles & even having a tier 8 NoCal, you complain about battleship's dispersion?

Well, nevermind that. Which ship were you complaining about?

It's possible to overpen a cruiser, go to your game settings & enable the checkbox where you use more details about your hit badge. 4 kinds of hit badge: Penned, Not Penned, Overpenned, Bounced.

Edited by Mingfang47

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

not rare for it to happened, specially when dispersion make the shell hit superstructure and not the hull. even the most skillful youtube streamers suffer from it. but if you learn to aim well it will reduce the chance of this to happen.

199 posts
18,023 battles

I'm sorry for looking at your stats but I really have to ask: Of all your 1.3k BB battles out of 9k battles & even having a tier 8 NoCal, you complain about battleship's dispersion?

Well, nevermind that. Which ship were you complaining about?

It's possible to overpen a cruiser, go to your game settings & enable the checkbox where you use more details about your hit badge. 4 kinds of hit badge: Penned, Not Penned, Overpenned, Bounce

Is it the detail ribbon and damaged indicator at the control options ? I will checked that. I didn't know so much options are available. Someone taught me the smoke boundary few days ago. TQ. (hahahahah. The detail game ribbon is working great. This forum is great for getting help. )

Edited by Admiralthomas

Sign in to follow this