Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Aaditya_AJ

Help with BISMARCK

10 comments in this topic

1,174 posts
10,495 battles

I don't really know what i'm doing wrong what ever i shoot at gives me over penetrations or shells fly over she ship or fall before the ship. For me Bismarck is inaccurate(FOR ME). 

any suggestions will be helpful

Thank you In Advanced 

Super Tester
458 posts
7,194 battles

German AP has weird characteristics, they have fast initial velocity, so if the angle of plunge is not deep, or you are not far enough you overpen

Super Tester
458 posts
7,194 battles

Well, it is like the Tirpitz, you need to get close to reliably hit.

if you get close to broadside cruiser you definitely overpen, unless you plunge your shells down the water or the cruiser is angled

But Bismarck is made for wrecking BBs at close range, and it does that very well

Edited by xscore

Super Tester
7,548 posts
7,993 battles

if you get close to broadside cruiser you definitely overpen, unless you plunge your shells down the water or the cruiser is angled

But Bismarck is made for wrecking BBs at close range, and it does that very well

I usually don't hit the hulls of close broadside cruisers. No matter what battleship you use, you get overpens. Just destroy their upper hull or super structure base.

Beta Tester
1,043 posts
4,300 battles

When I first got bismarck, I was also puzzled as to how to play this ship. But now I think it's because I play it like how I play Gneisenau.

They have totally different playstyte. Bismarck's playstyle is closer to that of a Bayern. Get max secondary build and try to slowly and carefully close your distance to your enemy. At 10.6km they will start raining hell and watch those battleship burn. My take on German BBs so far is that they are BAD SNIPERS. Don't stay at far away and go to a sniping duel with a japanese BB as your deck armor is bad and you'll get citadeled easily. MAN UP AND PUSH. Get close and personal

126 posts
8,258 battles

In 15km the german 15inch guns are quite accurate

and as Deicide said...dont play bismarck as a sniper

wanna snipe you can play IJN Amagi

Go close to your enemy...rain your secondaries...and punish any crusier trying to get near you by using your main guns

Meanwhile experienced Battleship players may aim your Superstructure and run

But mostly bismarck is invincible as long as she bows on 

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

below 15km german guns are really accurate so get close bellow that range. learn how to aim well and you will be rewarded with good damage. don't hit the bow,stern and superstructure as AP shell will just over pen those area. aim the upper part of armored belt of enemy battleship as those are lightly armored than lower belt, aim lower if they are bellow 8km or when they are presenting full broadside. (watch notser guide static and dynamic corsair on how to land shell center-mass of ship.)

Sign in to follow this