You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Orion03

I suck in Divisions, why?

29 comments in this topic

Super Tester
218 posts
2,157 battles

Warning this post is about stats, walk away now if you are not interested.

Looking at my stats, I see that I do reasonably well solo (52.5% win over 30 days), but in a Division of 2 ships, I suck (37.5% win rate over 30 days)

Similar with my Div mate, he's doing well solo, but when Div with me, we both suck. 

Why oh Why?

Could be:

1. When in a Division, Match maker goes crazy and pushes us up a tier more often.
  2. We are Divisioning the wrong mix of ships, i.e. 2 Pensacola's together.
  3. I just suck bad and should quit.

Any other ideas?

it's fun to Division, but gee the fail is strong and something has to be done.

Edited by Orion03

Super Tester
2,725 posts

Have voice comms while you guys are in division then coordinate what ship you guys will use & coordinate battle plans, etc.

Voice comms like TeamSpeak, Discord, Skype, etc.

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

if you coordinate using type chat, it will only distract you. also try to div with other people. sometimes, even if 2 good people div up, their playstyle make their div fail... and it better to them play solo

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

take complimenting (sub)classes and work together.

e.g.

gun-boat DD and torp DD

BB and AA CA/DD Hunting CA

CV and AA CA

Taking 2 the same raises the challenge level as you limit your reaction/action options.

Even taking 2 CA's can be challenging if you get thrown into a BB heavy match (or 3).

Super Tester
2,314 posts
7,096 battles

I do notice that as well. I do noticeably worse in division most likely because I try to match to my division mates. 

That or I'm feeling the pressure to perform on par or better than the division mates up to the point where start to fumble and fail.

Super Tester
7,583 posts
8,005 battles

Guys, I'm one of the div kings here (I mean my solo is shitty 50% and div is super fake unicum 66%, however my average dmg and xp is almost same in solo/2ship/3ship).

When you div, you guys have to hold a flank by yourselves. If you div up, do chit-chat in TS and just play like you would in solo queue, it will get worse. Do not take same weak ships everyone. If you want to do 3 same ships, make sure you guys are really good in them and know what to do when. But most of the time you will get bottom tiered if you do that.

Only take ships of same tier, no don't take an Umikaze in a T8 match, once it worked, wont work these days because of so many gunboats. Speaking of gunboats, play gunboats yourselves if you want to win if you think you are good with them. You have to work as a team, have to have plans like a team (a micro team, team inside a dysfunctional team). Try focus firing same ship to eliminate them quickly.

Always inform your friends who you set fire on, which enemy used DCP, which DD is near you, enemy CV plane warnings so that your friends can take evasive actions early. Trust your divmates with your ship's life.

[PANTS]
188 posts
10,327 battles

I do notice that as well. I do noticeably worse in division most likely because I try to match to my division mates. 

That or I'm feeling the pressure to perform on par or better than the division mates up to the point where start to fumble and fail.

Same, but however, I do not feel any pressure to perform cause I suck anyways :trollface:

Or, a certain guy is too op that he carried the game, Yes u know who u are if u r reading it :trollface:

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

Same, but however, I do not feel any pressure to perform cause I suck anyways:trollface:

Or, a certain guy is too op that he carried the game, Yes u know who u are if u r reading it :trollface:

Hahahhahahaaha

Also you are never the lowest member in the div.  That is my spot. You can be the lowest member nidaime.  (2nd) 

1,174 posts
10,495 battles

Warning this post is about stats, walk away now if you are not interested.

Looking at my stats, I see that I do reasonably well solo (52.5% win over 30 days), but in a Division of 2 ships, I suck (37.5% win rate over 30 days)

Similar with my Div mate, he's doing well solo, but when Div with me, we both suck. 

Why oh Why?

Could be:

1. When in a Division, Match maker goes crazy and pushes us up a tier more often.
  2. We are Divisioning the wrong mix of ships, i.e. 2 Pensacola's together.
  3. I just suck bad and should quit.

Any other ideas?

it's fun to Division, but gee the fail is strong and something has to be done.

• You both just need to communicate to each other very often(like your div mate needs to know every move you do)
  • You need to try different ships in a Div like BB, CA or CA, DD or BB, CV.
  • Yea must say that DD division is a lot dangerous than you think it is(Just My opinion)
  • ​If you want to use same ships just make sure that you both have best chemistry.
  • Most importantly make sure that you enjoy what you're doing.
  • Do not ever be in a situation where you want to be better than your Division mate.(That is where you both lose teamspirit and lose concentration​)

When MM puts you as a lowest tier in a match then you still can contribute but not as much, It comes down to individual players playing in your team as high tier. You can't do much if they want to save their ships.(Happens a lot and your team ends up losing)

Edited by Aaditya_AJ

48 posts

I seem to do better in Div play, probably because I try harder as don't want to let team mates down. Thou I have been in a few Divs when they have just gone off and done there own things, WTF!!! Why join a div if you won't team play?? 

Super Tester
218 posts
2,157 battles

Thanks guys, keep it coming, I'm reading and thinking about all your comments.

I do seem to Div better with other people then my current Div mate... which is my work mate.... maybe we just don't jell well or I need one more person in my Div.

231 posts
3,548 battles

IMHO i dont believe you have to be in a Div to be a good player , but you need to find 2-3 good blokes who wont run att he first sign of a big ship coming your way , those are players i radiate too.

when you find them sorts of players , who will follow you into the fire , you keep hold of them.

i play alot of scharnorst and Gneis , and i need to get in close to be killer , and thats what i need , blokes to distract the enemy BB until im in torp range , then its game over

find better players to DIV with , thats the key

Kind regards Bro

[AUSNZ]
[AUSNZ]
Super Tester
1,039 posts
7,704 battles

Divisions are great. I find in divisions i can struggle as with voice comms we all tend to be more aggressive early on than we normally would be.

Not to bad if you are a BB but if it's two CAs play to your strength rather than thinking voice coms alone will extricate you

Super Tester
2,314 posts
7,096 battles

IMHO i dont believe you have to be in a Div to be a good player , but you need to find 2-3 good blokes who wont run att he first sign of a big ship coming your way , those are players i radiate too.

when you find them sorts of players , who will follow you into the fire , you keep hold of them.

i play alot of scharnorst and Gneis , and i need to get in close to be killer , and thats what i need , blokes to distract the enemy BB until im in torp range , then its game over

find better players to DIV with , thats the key

Kind regards Bro

I do that as well. Turn the bow in and chiong in when the opportunity is favourable

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

If you doing the Division there a high chance you going to meet Division opponents and most of the time who doing Divisions wont be completely sucks so that might be one of the reason

126 posts
8,263 battles

Every division needs practise

Practise makes perfect

Know what your teammates are good at and sucks at

I usually recommend one to have fixed guy for div...

and 2pensa...are you kidding me...

I dont recommend 2pensa...I always suggest at least 1DD in div for smoking

Smoking can turn the tide of battle if used correctly

Super Tester
458 posts
7,194 battles

When you div, you guys have to hold a flank by yourselves. If you div up, do chit-chat in TS and just play like you would in solo queue, it will get worse. Do not take same weak ships everyone. If you want to do 3 same ships, make sure you guys are really good in them and know what to do when. But most of the time you will get bottom tiered if you do that.

Inb4 2 Blysca and a Kiev dominate mid in islands of ice in tier IX match.

Coordinated divs are scary.  My stats jump up 8% with every extra player (71% 3 player div WR vs 55% solo)

But in regards to OP, it is of my opinion that 2 cruiser divs are not very effective.  Every div should have at least a single destroyer or a single battleship.  Those things can carry games.  Plus 2 Pensacolas are just not very good, especially if MM puts another div against you and they use more competitive ships.

Play gunboats if you want to win.  Remember that MLG player + gunboat = one man army

[MEGA]
4,574 posts
17,576 battles

Inb4 2 Blysca and a Kiev dominate mid in islands of ice in tier IX match.

Coordinated divs are scary.  My stats jump up 8% with every extra player (71% 3 player div WR vs 55% solo)

But in regards to OP, it is of my opinion that 2 cruiser divs are not very effective.  Every div should have at least a single destroyer or a single battleship.  Those things can carry games.  Plus 2 Pensacolas are just not very good, especially if MM puts another div against you and they use more competitive ships.

Play gunboats if you want to win.  Remember that MLG player + gunboat = one man army

sorry i had to go afk in the middle of that match

=(

Super Tester
218 posts
2,157 battles

Plus 2 Pensacolas are just not very good, especially if MM puts another div against you and they use more competitive ships.

I so agree.

Thanks all for the input.

I will try not to suck so badly in future.