You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
keskparane

Lemming train.

10 comments in this topic

2,221 posts
13,698 battles

I hate leaving caps uncontested. But when the majority of the team lemming train to one side it's often not a good idea to go with a small group. Generally what would you do?

EDIT: Consider this from the point of view that you don't have a boat suitable for the the task. By this I think I typically mean a cruiser because can't tank and no stealth. If I in DD or BB then wouldn't be the train.

What I am looking for is the best tactic when faced with a clearly unfavorable situation.

So as I write this I think I am coming to the conclusion that it probably best just to figure out how to inflict the most damage possibly and accept the inevitable team loss. 

Edited by keskparane

563 posts
4,686 battles

You can go to the other flank is you're using fast ships (cruiser, dd, gneis/scharn) so just in case you're outnumbered, you can flee. I wouldn't recommend going there with slow BB, (under 27knt) because in the case you meet enemy lemming to your side, you're screwed, cannot run, cannot hide.

[1NATN]
[1NATN]
397 posts
14,968 battles

If you're in DD the best course of action is to try and slow their advance and remain undetected. Just torp spamming in their direction will at least see your team reach their cap zone first or even allow them to flank the advance that you are helping to stall.

Super Tester
7,539 posts
7,978 battles

If you're in DD the best course of action is to try and slow their advance and remain undetected. Just torp spamming in their direction will at least see your team reach their cap zone first or even allow them to flank the advance that you are helping to stall.

Also this ^^

IJN DDs are extremely good against lemming trains. For gunboats, try to go center area so that the whole lemming train is on your one side and chain setting fire on them. Kappa

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,832 posts
4,122 battles

Whilst a lemming train can be a fail, the concept isdifferent with boots.  The ability to flex like tanks is limited and ships single out any ship away from a pack and they  are normally focussed to death.  The times they do fail is when they dont react to threats occurring elsewhere on the map.

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

Considering that I only play up to tier VI?

I don't mind delaying an enemy's flank by myself with Yuubari, Aoba, Iwaki Alpha, Cleveland, Omaha, Königsberg or Svetka.

Out of all of these Svetka is the only one that will likely get butchered every single time, because "Omg turn already! Turn you fool!"

The strategy deployed is usually a careful advance and long range engagement where I can easily dodge BB and CA salvoes,

while avoiding the chance to get toypedoed.

I love my hopeless situations...

[AUSNZ]
[AUSNZ]
Super Tester
1,039 posts
7,702 battles

If you are contesting a flank with limited numbers only do this if you have a few factors in your favour. For me this is range and speed.

This keeps you agile and dealing damage.

Dds it is easier with as you can drop torps at enemy vessels paths. Hitting clumps is good as your torps may get multiple hits.

If the enemy has a good CV though and you don't have AA then discard the above as you will be targetted