You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
THUNDERCOMMANDER4

hopefully my final rant and its about the zaos fire chance

24 comments in this topic

[1AN-E]
303 posts
3,837 battles

ok this is less shouting and raving but more about the last bone i have to pick against the game when ever i see another cruiser il get maybe set 2-4 times on fire per game unless focused however when i see a zoa i get constant triple fires set on me every salvo so either falme rng hates me or zao is just annoying as all hell and needs to be taken down a notch and after my 32 loss out burst i looked at the statistics and zao is the top when it comes to cruisers and setting fires and couple that with sometimes broken macthmaking wich will put 3 zoas in enemy team and 1 zoa on my team is pushing it to my breaking point anybody else that plays bb understand me or am i the only one  

Super Tester
1,056 posts
8,985 battles

ok this is less shouting and raving but more about the last bone i have to pick against the game when ever i see another cruiser il get maybe set 2-4 times on fire per game unless focused however when i see a zoa i get constant triple fires set on me every salvo so either falme rng hates me or zao is just annoying as all hell and needs to be taken down a notch and after my 32 loss out burst i looked at the statistics and zao is the top when it comes to cruisers and setting fires and couple that with sometimes broken macthmaking wich will put 3 zoas in enemy team and 1 zoa on my team is pushing it to my breaking point anybody else that plays bb understand me or am i the only one  

Wait, you got 32 losses in a row?!

54 posts
7,180 battles

Inb4, Zao has the lowest HP and RoF out of all T10 Cruisers.

and biggest turning circle, not to mention zao has no radar like the USN and RU, have normal hydro while KM has a better one. She also have inferior AA compared to other cruisers.

Edit: concealment and 22% fire chance is all she has really tbh

Edited by AKagai42

266 posts
5,135 battles

I have to admit, I'm also one of those players who loves to play Zao. Whenever I have a bad day I will take my Zao for a spin, simply because It's so relaxing. I can just spam HE all day and I'll get at least 90k damage without much effort. If I feel like tryharding, I'll load AP and watch as I ambush another cruiser with quadruple citadels. Not to mention high concealment, flat arcs, and strong armor.

As I have always said, Zao is the 'easy mode' of WoWs.

295 posts
6,592 battles

I read that wg considered to nerf zao, but I don't know when, maybe nerf the armor deck is enough because zao deck armor can bounce my montana shells

435 posts
6,169 battles

Next you’re going to complain about the Moskva or maybe the Hindenbury or some other higher tiered ship. Maybe your T8 ships are getting slapped around a bit by T10s, that’s actually normal, it is what it is, the T8 challenge of T9 and T10 battles. There’s very little point ranting about it.

I wonder, do you complain when you’re in your New Orieans and wrecking a Numberg or a Cleveland or some other T6 ship.  

Edited by Yul_Brynner

Super Tester
458 posts
7,194 battles

Perhaps I should go for a Zao with non concealment AA  (BFT and AFT and DE) and maneuverability build (with acceleration and rudder mod 3) , to troll BB and CV captains. 

But really, Zao with concealment build stealth firing is really boring.

Video Contributor
2,262 posts
10,788 battles

Why nerf? Zao has the lowest HP and RoF Tier 10 all cruisers

I can't remember which patch Zao has been nerfed HP 44800 to 40800

Zao is the best HE, chance to fire and stealth kill, in the same time she has the lowest HP and RoF, if some dd goes to sopt Zao, Zao will stop shoot you

43 posts
4,260 battles

Think Zao might be one of the most well balanced ships in the game. It has a very defined, specific play style.

It may be annoying, but then fires are a core game mechanic.

Like detonations kappa:trollface:

139 posts
5,876 battles

TBH Zao's the least favourite of the TX CAs that I have in port at the moment (Zao, Hindenburg, and Moskva). I seem to remember many patches ago, the Zao's credit ratio got reduced quite a bit, to make people have to work extra hard in her to even break-even. This seems to go in-line with my experiences in her, as whenever I bring her out, even if I deal 100-150k damage, the credits earned is just enough to break even.

Hindenburg, on the other hand, has a very good credit ratio. 80-100k damage can net me 100-150k in credit earnings in my experience. Plus it's more fun to play to begin with.

Maybe I'm just waxing lyrical on all this credit ratio thing, but that's been my experience so far with these ships.

525 posts
7,946 battles

i tried Zao in PT, and honestly, her play style is too boring for me, you just spam HE at long range and just wait till the enemy BBs melt against your fires

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

TBH Zao's the least favourite of the TX CAs that I have in port at the moment (Zao, Hindenburg, and Moskva). I seem to remember many patches ago, the Zao's credit ratio got reduced quite a bit, to make people have to work extra hard in her to even break-even. This seems to go in-line with my experiences in her, as whenever I bring her out, even if I deal 100-150k damage, the credits earned is just enough to break even.

Hindenburg, on the other hand, has a very good credit ratio. 80-100k damage can net me 100-150k in credit earnings in my experience. Plus it's more fun to play to begin with.

Maybe I'm just waxing lyrical on all this credit ratio thing, but that's been my experience so far with these ships.

My speculation

Your Zao target more to BB that have greater HP pool

While your Hindenbur Target Cruiser more

[MEGA]
4,562 posts
17,552 battles

nope, if you want to tryhard, you will need to juggle between surpiseing CAs with citadels, helping to hunt DDs and burn BBs, it isnt easy at all, unless you just spam

207 posts
8,178 battles

nerf zao ? lol :teethhappy:

zao is my favourite cruiser to shoot with my NC if im involved in T10 battle because its the most easy to get damage...

shooting moskva always ended ricochet and same with hindenburg....

266 posts
5,135 battles

nope, if you want to tryhard, you will need to juggle between surpiseing CAs with citadels, helping to hunt DDs and burn BBs, it isnt easy at all, unless you just spam

This. The problem with most Zao players is that they think they should play it exclusively as an invisible, long range spammer. While in reality, Zao is even more monstrous at medium range. Get close with concealment, support your DDs at ~12 km and you will decimate any enemy DD who dares to pick a fight with yours. Also at that distance Zao's AP hits like a truck, and her angled armor will tank any AP shells except Yamato's.

If you battleship players think it's easy to damage a Zao, then I daresay you haven't met a slightly competent Zao player yet.

139 posts
5,876 battles

My speculation

Your Zao target more to BB that have greater HP pool

While your Hindenbur Target Cruiser more

Possible, though as far as I can remember I've been shooting at everything.

Perhaps the other argument is: I'm shooting at more stuff in the Hindenburg in general, thanks to its fast fire rate. 

Still doesn't change my opinion of it :unsure: It's not a bad ship per-se, just not my cup of tea for enjoyment.

126 posts
8,240 battles

Feel mad?

Go play Zao and you will love her lol

Let me give you an advice

Using the skill concealment expert plus concealment upgrade

You can keep yourself stealth for a longer time

Most Zao wont shoot you if you are in their 15.8km range

Since they will be spotted

[1AN-E]
303 posts
3,837 battles

for the most part i only hate the macth making for puting 3 zoas not in divsion against me (which i got when i went on a 32 game loosing streak) so more  or less i just want the match making to be fixed so i dont see duplicates of the same ship unless in divsion

Beta Tester
1,043 posts
4,300 battles

I, too, hate Zaos, but I prefer fighting them over Moskvas. Zao uses concealment and maneuverability to avoid attack, Moskva uses RNG. Moskva will park right in the face of yamato bow-on and will not take any damage as most shots won't hit while those that hit will bounce/overpen. At least Zao captains use their skill in dodging.

Edited by Deicide