Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Deicide

Rewards for Top Achievers in each team

6 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
1,043 posts
4,300 battles

Top performance after top performance, I still lost. My team still losses in a horribly 1 sided game. The feeling sucks. I play like a martyr, I volunteer to be at the very front to take all damage even in a BB even knowing that my repair bill will be enormous then so be it just to see my team win. The feeling of achievement when your team wins after you fought so hard is what keeps me playing this game, and I know most players too. But the thing is, most of the time it just doesn't work and so is for most players. Always top exp and the next player's gap in exp is just too high; they all did nothing for our win, they all didn't try.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's why I think we should give more rewards to top achievers each match. In ranking, they are exempted from ranking down, that's why players try their best to get top exp(using DDs). We also give out flags for medal earners.

-I suggest we give rewards like credit and exp multiplier for top exp earners(3) for each team. If you have other parameters other than exp such as damage dealt, why not.

If you have a better idea for reward, then good. The point is giving rewards to those who give out their best in each game which will hopefully inspire players to play out their best not just mindlessly grinding their way. After all, this is asia server and players have that MMORPG grinding mindset which I know too well.

Edited by Deicide

67 posts
14 battles

This isn't really a good method. It generally means that players are more inclined to do better personally than win a game.Yes, it would be nice to have something in place where you get the same XP on the losing team as winning team if you get the gold achievements, however doing otherwise doesn't incentivise winning.

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

My reward for playing well is recording silly/fun/cool stuff and sharing it with friends and others.

I don't think I need more since performing well already grants me more exp/credits. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

671 posts
1,508 battles

I believe in WoT theres this system where you get a rare medal(top gun or high caliber) and still lose, you get extra credits and exp. Cool little addition to this game if it happened.

Beta Tester
1,043 posts
4,300 battles

This isn't really a good method. It generally means that players are more inclined to do better personally than win a game.Yes, it would be nice to have something in place where you get the same XP on the losing team as winning team if you get the gold achievements, however doing otherwise doesn't incentivise winning.

This is how I view it: You get 5 selfish players that are inclined to do better personally trying to get top exp by trying their best to damage enemy ship and capture enemy bases rather than hiding on the edges of the map, sniping with 1% chance of hitting anything, to get more rewards. Most will realize, then, that their skill isn't enough and that they still have to learn the game even more--that's how MOBAs became very addictive. These selfish players that try to do something useful and is trying to be a better player for a reward is so much better than the selfish players that tries to do nothing which we have now.
Edited by Deicide

Sign in to follow this