Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
KongouHime

Torpedo acceleration on High Tier CV Torpedo Bombers

8 comments in this topic

[BRU]
309 posts
11,163 battles

Is it recommendable to put torpedo acceleration on TB planes in Essex or Taiho? I was planning to put it but I still have doubts on it. I'm confused between superintendent or torpedo acceleration since other captain skills on 3rd row are kinda useless now.

Video Contributor
2,261 posts
10,782 battles

Super intendent useless for CV 

I recommend torpedo acceleration for IJN and Vigilance for USS or both, up to you because torpedo acceleration for USS quite useful, USS has 1 TB group(Saipan has 2 groups) 

Edited by Onlinegamer

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

Super intendent useless for CV 

I recommend torpedo acceleration for IJN and Vigilance for USS or both, up to you because torpedo acceleration for USS quite useful, USS has 1 TB group(Saipan has 2 groups) 

Why would you need Vigilance on a CV of all things?

Anyhow, just get Torp Accel. The increase in torp arm distance means you'll drop further away, but the increased speed makes up for it and also dropping further means your TB are under less AA time.

Dogfighting Expert is useless on any but tier7 CV (cuz Saipan), High Alert is sort of viable if you don't use any TB at all (aka [Redacted] Fighter loadout) but in that case you should be able to stop all enemy bombers before they reach your ship anyway.

Derogatory comment. Post edited, user sanctioned.

~Syanda

Edited by Syanda

[1NATN]
286 posts
5,228 battles

Why would you need Vigilance on a CV of all things?

I'm not 100% sure but IIRC it applies to planes, rather good for spotting torps for your team.

[ATLAS]
Beta Tester
464 posts
9,858 battles

TA is a must for any CV with converging torps like Saipan and all IJN CV, it is debatable on normal USN CV but it can be useful especially since nothing else is even remotely useful at 3rd skill

Sign in to follow this