You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Admiralthomas

Camping my BB.

37 comments in this topic

199 posts
18,023 battles

My BB strategy involve lot of camping and sniping. I will inform teammate  about my camping. Mostly never complaint. I found lot of players complaining in the forum about camping and sniping strategy. It is part of each player preferred gameplay. I don't question those who go in Rambo style gun blazing but getting killed early. Of course some teammates are very rude to me, shooting at my BB too. I didn't return fire because I will have to pay for his CA. Please respect each teammate strategy.  

563 posts
4,686 battles

And does this "camping-sniping technique" is working well? Because if it doesn't , you're a MASSIVE, MASSIVE piece of useless burden for your team.

I can only say this, do not camp, go upfront, support your cruiser and take damage for them, use that bloody heal and armor!

Edited by Admiral_Turing

Beta Tester
159 posts
8,919 battles

I don't care people's playstyle, what i am looking for is the contribution to the whole team. If you can be the top3 in your team most of the time, then fine. But what i hate is people who camping and leave their teammate die in the front and they can't get any useful damage because of the distance and their bad aiming skill.

Super Tester
316 posts
3,400 battles

This is low quality bait but i shall bite for the hell of it,

There are some ships that demand you be at range and others close to your target, depending on the battleship you use for that makes all the difference.

-If you are using a Kongo or a Nagato its tolerable if you are doing it right and effectively

-If you are in a USN BB its less tolerable because you are a mid range battleship

-If you are doing it in a German BB you need to stop and reevaluate how good you think you understand battleships

Either way Battleships have the most durability so they are more suited for taking damage then cruisers and destroyers so it helps a lot if a battleship is near the front of a push however most less experienced players look at battleships and think "i can do damage and they cant hit me from 20 km away" there is a difference between MAXIMUM RANGE and EFFECTIVE RANGE and these people do not understand that which makes them a burden to the team

Super Tester
458 posts
7,194 battles

How to play BB effectively

-Make your presence known (you have to be closer)

-Kill ships (you have to be closer)

-Make enemy shoot you so your cruisers do not kaboom (you have to be closer)

-Defend objectives (you have to be near objectives, ie closer)

-Not die (use repair properly, learn when to disengage and let another BB tank)

Of course, this is just some "flawed" advice from those "experts" who pad stats by playing OP ships in divisions, so please do NOT follow it.

Instead, try the following:

-Load premium spotter plane
-Stay beside CV cos CVs have decent AA

-Launch spotter plane, shoot at 25km, cos you have the range so why not use it?

-Camp island on objective based gameplay modes, cos cruisers are more maneuverable and they should take fire instead?

-Let your CA's go forward and die to their BBs, cos you are the BB, and you are the capital ship no? Plus USN AP Plunging fire at 25km can citadel anything!

-Post in forums about other players complaining about your "ineffective" playstyle

-Be content with mediocre main battery hit rate, win rate, and average damage.  Stats are for those arrogant "experts"

Have fun

xscore

/sarcasm

Edited by xscore

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Most complain regarding camping BB (Except German BB, coz secondaries FTW) are on high tier battles.

What with those thread about T5 BB sniping meta?

Super Tester
2,725 posts

What with those thread about T5 BB sniping meta?

Never knew tier 5 US BB New York & DE BB Konig can snipe. >____>

I kinda struggle getting in range on both ships. lol

Edited by Mingfang47

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Ever see them try to snipe my Kongou from around 13 km and fail wonderfully consecutively

Beta Tester
1,167 posts
7,486 battles

My BB strategy involve lot of camping and sniping. I will inform teammate  about my camping. Mostly never complaint. I found lot of players complaining in the forum about camping and sniping strategy. It is part of each player preferred gameplay. I don't question those who go in Rambo style gun blazing but getting killed early. Of course some teammates are very rude to me, shooting at my BB too. I didn't return fire because I will have to pay for his CA. Please respect each teammate strategy.  

It's fine to play just for fun - that's what we're all here for, after all. But what if your preferred gameplay is ruining the fun of all your teammates? Conversely, you might well be making the game more fun for those on the opposing team so I guess it balances out.

671 posts
1,508 battles

A sniping König????? Thats it time to bust out my poster.

THE END IS NEAR!!!!!

Super Tester
7,543 posts
7,986 battles

There are situation when camping is a valid approach. Just make sure you camp at the right spot. Camping can be done in smoke (although it is dangerous), camping can be done with NC like BBs who have sad arc for a BB and can lob shells over the rocks, camping can be done to save one side of your ships from attack and only exposing your bow to the enemy in front (in some maps).

But.... camping on open water is a big no-no

Otherwise, if you cannot advance in one direction, instead of just sitting there or reversing, move to other locations where there are friendlies.