You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
BroOfBrighton

thoughts on new BB?

41 comments in this topic

231 posts
3,548 battles

From day 1 they were a hit , for those who were awaiting the release ............ like me 

but were they a hit?

opinions are like backsides , and everyone has one!

Nassau : was a strange vessel , didnt play it much , unlocked to get to next ship ..... pretty much explains it really 

Kaiser : Has a nice name, lacked the punch i thought it might have .... nothing really spectacular 

Konig : things got interesting in the konig , i only unlocked it to get to the next ship , but loved its firepower in its Tier , thought it could duke it out with the best ....

Bayern :great ship , loved how it handled , absolutely useless turrets though , dispersion was horribad , gladly only really played 3 games of it , unlocked to the next ship [wasnt liking my chances of liking the rest after bayern :(

Gneisenau : took acouple of games to get used to this ship , loved how lightning fast it was , didnt mind the dispersion as i was always concentrating on its steering at full speed , then realized and unlocked its full potential after full upgrades , potent , lethal and its torp arc was amazing

Scharnorst : sister like ship to the GNeis , lightning quick but didnt pack the punch of the Gneis Guns, but an equal ship to balance between the 2 

BismarcK : nothing really to say about this ship other then GODLKE , devouring all in its class when you get close enough to the enemy , the closer they get the better the bismarck becomes 

and absolute scorching ship by firepower standards , and by far the most enjoyable ship to use in the game :)

Tirpitz : my second best ship in my lineup of all time great ships , like the Bismarck the closer it gets the worse it dishes out the pain :)

F. Der Grobe : was undecided about this ship , had some truely great games in this one , a beast of burden , a real Battleship really , once you unlock the 420mm she really comes to life dishing out some big citidels

Kurfurst : the Dinosaur , unlike all other ships , it will absolutely break the hearts of all Montana and Yamato captains out there . Every salvo smashes anything in its way via citadel hits and big numbers , im still not hooked on the T9-10 prices for repairs and consumables , you need big wallets to command these ships at T10

when you look around you'll notice alot of us are playing T5-8 games to fund our lust for T9-10 games 

hopefully they fix it to let newer peeps move up and get into the big battles

10/10 to WG for the addition of the GER BB line

i doubt anything else will come close to the prestige of these ships .... EVER!

gruber_zps0allzup8.jpg

48 posts

Thanks for the post. I'm only at the Konig so far and it's ok, not my favourite. I splashed out for the Tirpitz and love it. The torps just add another dimension to what is a really fun ship to play. 

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

nice to see more apreciation toward Wargaming thread,,,

thanks.. and yeah. i working my way to get bismark.. so i can have a GODLKE ship....

Beta Tester
125 posts
6,162 battles

Bismarck... Oh the Bismarck, my absolute favourite of all time I would say. But I did set my secondary hit count record with the Freddy, 244 hits...

Love the entire line actually, I'm hoping the British BB line will offer some or more of the same.

[1NATN]
287 posts
5,238 battles

Id expect the British to be quite similar, at least up to tier 6, but with better accuracy in exchange for not being quite as tanky.

[LNA]
1,660 posts
10,438 battles

To me German BB are the most annoying in the match with the current flood of them in mid tiers. They are invicible to AP lol citadel pen at normal engagement range and have excellent tanking capabilities forcing other BB to fling HE at them. They are so tough that they can slowly AP pen every other BB down in a gun fight and the floods of them is giving me a headache. On the bright side they are not very accurate and most of its captain loves to camp and snipe at the team backyard meaning most of them i see is useless in a match untill the enemy crawl to them. Against other BB they are extremely frustrating to take on since i cant cit pen them and has to go for a long drawn out gun fight which make the BB campfest even more lively which i hate.

Their offensive punch is nil till tier 8 , but all of them are freaking hard to kill. A Bayern can take 3 full salvos from 5km broadside from my New Mexico and walk out alive while he return the favour to me. Their lower caliber sometimes allow german bb to lol cit pen straight through CA bow armour

231 posts
3,548 battles

My review of the ijn bb line wasn't very good Ahwai82 , in fact I only made it to the Amagi and gave up lol!

The usn bb line I felt was far superior right through the entire line of bb, they felt more on point, the best being the the Nc and Iowa .

The only other comparable bb in the game (Warspite and Nikolai) out matched and out powered all other bn in their tier , but that's only my as I absolutely loved the wars pure at T6 and Nikolai at T4

The new German bb line T7 and up feel more , accurate all the way through , which ever way you steer the ship and fire , they actually feel like the shots have better dispersion compared to other bb

They didn't feel so watered down if you know what I mean, Wg did a great job on T7 ships because the real ships were German raiders , capable of spitting out toros at high speed .

48 posts

I'm looking forward to the British BB line, hell Im looking forward to the whole Royal Navy line especially if they throw in the commonwealth ships!! But until then the Kreigsmarine rules!! 

220 posts
3,420 battles

That was a great post Bro, I'm currently doing what you have done to get the Bismarck but unlike the Hipper the BB's a just so much fun and as Legionary says they are almost idiot proof

As hopeless as I am the ship makes even me look like I know what I'm doing because they are so strong, many times I'll get first for the team yet my abilities are very limited, they are great ships

The Bayern and Konig can take a thrashing and I use that to draw ships away while the team caps, it's worked a lot

1,162 posts

On Bayern rn, only play the coop for now since I dont want to get smashed in stock ship lol. But one thing I really like, its so compact it can dodge torps at point blank range. I was amazed. Also she got the guns that at her tier that can lolpen other nation counterpart, while they cant do the same.

Hail German Engineering. :izmena:

563 posts
4,686 battles

For me it's like this

Nassau : outclassed every other BB in her tier, needs some balancing I guess, the one bb in t3 that's not dd food

Kaiser : simply OP, it has the most well behaved rifle in t4 (except nicolai) but it has ridiculous 26s reload. A few days/weeks ago Kaiser has more average damage than nicolai 

Konig : deadly to any cruiser, but the firepower is a bit lacking against battleship, especially high tier

Bayern : a beast at t6, and the ability to smack 20k plus damage trough the nose of other ship is simply satisfying, performance dropped hard when everyone camp snipe, but it still have excellent concealment

Gneisenau : a bit controversial ship, lacking in firepower and demands a perfect aiming skill, but when it has a chance to get close, it can easily rack up tons of damage in a few minutes

Bismarck : the Ship of the line, perfect for charging in to cap and just like other German bb, it can easily punch trough enemy line, purely designed to punch people in the face, it can do tons of good for the team, and has a massive carry potential, and it's extremely fun to play! (Seeing gearing, fletcher, shimakaze fleeing from you is pure satisfaction)

Other bb I haven't played it but simply 10/10 to WG for making a pure aggressive line designed to push people all over the place instead of camping/sniping

36 posts
448 battles

I am at the Konig, great ship (well I like it). I enjoy the conventional style of the turret configurations. I do, however, find that the turning is slow (might be because it isn't fully upgraded yet) so when you try to employ the tactic of firing off most guns, then trying to angle the armour, it doesn't quite work that well.

The Nassau was an interesting ship, I found myself charging other cruisers/BBs half the time - this allowed me to create a tactic where you swing the ship left and right, meaning you have 6 guns firing while the enemy ship was broadside and couldn't pen you're front because the ship was deflecting the rounds.

The Kaiser, I found myself broadsiding most other ships when I am not being focused down, then when I start taking fire I would retreat almost perpendicular to the shots and have 3 turrets/6 guns firing back at them.

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

For me it's like this

Nassau : outclassed every other BB in her tier, needs some balancing I guess, the one bb in t3 that's not dd food

Kaiser : simply OP, it has the most well behaved rifle in t4 (except nicolai) but it has ridiculous 26s reload. A few days/weeks ago Kaiser has more average damage than nicolai 

Konig : deadly to any cruiser, but the firepower is a bit lacking against battleship, especially high tier

Bayern : a beast at t6, and the ability to smack 20k plus damage trough the nose of other ship is simply satisfying, performance dropped hard when everyone camp snipe, but it still have excellent concealment

Gneisenau : a bit controversial ship, lacking in firepower and demands a perfect aiming skill, but when it has a chance to get close, it can easily rack up tons of damage in a few minutes

Bismarck : the Ship of the line, perfect for charging in to cap and just like other German bb, it can easily punch trough enemy line, purely designed to punch people in the face, it can do tons of good for the team, and has a massive carry potential, and it's extremely fun to play! (Seeing gearing, fletcher, shimakaze fleeing from you is pure satisfaction)

Other bb I haven't played it but simply 10/10 to WG for making a pure aggressive line designed to push people all over the place instead of camping/sniping

simple question..... if there was a BB player who already have North Cal and Amagi (already know how to play BB), and want to have bismarck ASAP, is it wise to use free xp to skip Bayern and Gnesenau, so he go from Konig to Bismarck? 

Alpha Tester
802 posts
2,945 battles

Got Bismarck, my foray into ze Germans ends there. Would get Hipper, the konigsegg was legendary several patches ago now, however I gave up at tier 7 and sold it.

I may get Prinz Eugen, and leave it at that. It depends how long the devs keep it's OP +4% dispersion of shots at it, with it's magical camo, for. 

I fear I have lost interest in the "historical" factor of ze German ships, after "Gneisenau" experiences.

Super Tester
813 posts
3,912 battles

To me German BB are the most annoying in the match with the current flood of them in mid tiers. They are invicible to AP lol citadel pen at normal engagement range and have excellent tanking capabilities forcing other BB to fling HE at them. They are so tough that they can slowly AP pen every other BB down in a gun fight and the floods of them is giving me a headache. On the bright side they are not very accurate and most of its captain loves to camp and snipe at the team backyard meaning most of them i see is useless in a match untill the enemy crawl to them. Against other BB they are extremely frustrating to take on since i cant cit pen them and has to go for a long drawn out gun fight which make the BB campfest even more lively which i hate.

Their offensive punch is nil till tier 8 , but all of them are freaking hard to kill. A Bayern can take 3 full salvos from 5km broadside from my New Mexico and walk out alive while he return the favour to me. Their lower caliber sometimes allow german bb to lol cit pen straight through CA bow armour

Three things:

Don't show your broadside

Don't get in close

Don't fire at the waterline, instead fire at the upper belt.

Super Tester
813 posts
3,912 battles

The Nassau was a good ship except for the weird dispersion

The Kaiser was enjoyable and was really good at yoloing into the enemies at tier 4

At the Konig now

Edited by karrablaster123

231 posts
3,548 battles

for those wanting fast skips on certain boats , my advice is to use free xp, I did to unlock all , it does cost you in the pocket , but the higher Tier you go in the line the better they get .

Top pick ships in line would be konig , gneis , Bismarck , Fred and then kurfurst

Something else I noticed and I'm not certain if This is going to be where wg is heading .

But you notice the dispersion got really good from gneis and up , I noticed the dunquerk got a really bad review but I loved it , the scharnorst I loved it . All except the new prince ship

Visually and play wise the later ships are far more superior as time goes on

563 posts
4,686 battles

simple question..... if there was a BB player who already have North Cal and Amagi (already know how to play BB), and want to have bismarck ASAP, is it wise to use free xp to skip Bayern and Gnesenau, so he go from Konig to Bismarck? 

I would like to say no, Konig to Bismarck is a huge difference, Bayern is nice for learning the trait of 380mm, gneisenau has the same guns as Bismarck, so you can learn how the guns behave. Bismarck is different than NC and Amagi, if you have tirpitz however, you can free xp

Dont completely skip the ship, at least play 20-50 games, Bayern and Gneis is fun

Edited by Admiral_Turing

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

I would like to say no, Konig to Bismarck is a huge difference, Bayern is nice for learning the trait of 380mm, gneisenau has the same guns as Bismarck, so you can learn how the guns behave. Bismarck is different than NC and Amagi, if you have tirpitz however, you can free xp

Dont completely skip the ship, at least play 20-50 games, Bayern and Gneis is fun

okayyyyy

i'll tell him to grind then

1,068 posts
3,847 battles

Nassau : was a strange vessel , didnt play it much , unlocked to get to next ship ..... pretty much explains it really 

Kaiser : Has a nice name, lacked the punch i thought it might have .... nothing really spectacular 

Konig : things got interesting in the konig , i only unlocked it to get to the next ship , but loved its firepower in its Tier , thought it could duke it out with the best ....

Bayern :great ship , loved how it handled , absolutely useless turrets though , dispersion was horribad , gladly only really played 3 games of it , unlocked to the next ship [wasnt liking my chances of liking the rest after bayern

Nassau: I would say play some more matches in it took me about 4 matches to get used to its,it is really odd at first like you said.After that it was great.It will tank very well and if you can time it right you can shoot 2 or more targets at once by wiggling.Last night I got between an Arkansas and a Myogiwho decided to ignore more for the further away Wyoming.Pounded them for ages till they realised I was actually a threat,but too late for them though!Got most of the damage done against both of them,although I think only 2 kill.

Kaiser: a lot like Nassau,get used to the turret layout and close in.Once you figure it out its great:

http://forum.worldofwarships.asia/index.php?/topic/18358-finding-it-hard-to-citadel-bbs-in-kaiser/page__pid__235605#entry235605

Bayern:built to get in CLOSE,if you aren't close enough to throw rocks you are doing it wrong! Does take some getting used to,but pays off.

I can attest to that pretty much.One of my early Bayern games I had a New Mexico and a Fuso close in to less than 4km,I was angled between them.Did 95% of the damage to the Fuso before a teammate finished him and took the full kill on the New Mexcio.I was done to about 20% health by the end then a CV took me out.No citadels though,just punched the hell out of them!

231 posts
3,548 battles

I can't do it , I can't relive the hurt and saltiness that ship gave to me bandit

I hardly ever play low tier matches , except maybe in divisions :(

But if anyone wants to div up let me know and we can get a thing going !!

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,833 posts
4,122 battles

I'm definitely not a BB player, because I play too aggressively.   The KMBB's may save me yet.   having only started on them I found the play styles from the Nassau to the Kaiser are so different it too a little time to adjust.    The gun placement on the Nassau made it easy just to push up on ships head first while you need to manoeuvre a lot more in the Kaiser to get the maximum out of its guns.

231 posts
3,548 battles

I'm definitely not a BB player, because I play too aggressively.   The KMBB's may save me yet.   having only started on them I found the play styles from the Nassau to the Kaiser are so different it too a little time to adjust.    The gun placement on the Nassau made it easy just to push up on ships head first while you need to manoeuvre a lot more in the Kaiser to get the maximum out of its guns.

short shifts side to side to maximize turrets and firepower works well too , but its a little too easy to get in there and bail up a few healthy young nubs :)