You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Reubster_defender

Why i am leaving the game

17 comments in this topic

44 posts

I have been playing this game for ages almost from the start and i have seen alot of changes, mostly for the good. I play every day and a fair bit on the weekends. Love the German BBs as they suit my play style aggressive and tanky. But i am sick of bad team after bad team. 7 battles in a row tonight where the CA DD and i travel one side of the map everyone else mills around the centre sort of go to an area hit resistance turn around, die in doing so. Then the guys in the middle are getting hit and running to my side where we are depending on the guys with me pushing through generally with a couple of citadels, maybe a kill. I seem to be able to turn them back if theres a ship or two with me. But the other side is in full retreat we cant continue or push and am forced to pull back so we dont over extend. Last few weeks seems more and more people just mill around islands firing over them hoping to hit something, then wonder why the have been torped by a clever DD or citadel-ed by a BB and die fast. In turning to help the otherside, i generally lose half my health, but should have my second kill up, the team might have killed another... DD dies, AC runs off and we are slaughtered...So getting annoyed with bad players i figure ill just drop down to a lower tier and play my bismark or warspite, low and slow...and what happens? My tier 6 ship gets put in a tier 8/9 battle and im nuked by ships i cant even see!!  Got citadeled by an iowa 20klms from me and i cant shoot till 16klms or something. what the? So i go back to my main ships and once again poor teams people afraid to do anything or just forget the basics. back down to my little ships tier 6 is about the lowest ships i have...well maybe 5 on the texas. same thing happens, i am soooo over it. What happened to only 1 tier difference between ships? 1 AC per team? does when i report someone as a bad player make it so i dont play with them again? out of the 6 people i always used to play with im the last one and all have said the same thing. Winning doesnt depend on our skills, it depends on others and bad team tier selections by the game. I would rather wait for the right team then just get loaded up with anyone and anything. I am going to come back one last time after this new patch from the test server is upgraded but if it no good im gone.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Go search some "SINGLE PLAYER GAME" That always benefit you & your team

otherwise i think you would also post something like this in other MMO game forum

334 posts
13,020 battles

Why you all so negative to op he has legitimate concerns.

If you can't say anything to encourage him don't say anything at all.

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

I have been playing this game for ages almost from the start and i have seen alot of changes, mostly for the good.

I play every day and a fair bit on the weekends.

Love the German BBs as they suit my play style aggressive and tanky.
But i am sick of bad team after bad team.

7 battles in a row tonight where the CA DD and i travel one side of the map everyone else mills around the centre sort of go to an area hit resistance turn around, die in doing so.
Then the guys in the middle are getting hit and running to my side where we are depending on the guys with me pushing through generally with a couple of citadels, maybe a kill.

I seem to be able to turn them back if theres a ship or two with me.
But the other side is in full retreat we cant continue or push and am forced to pull back so we dont over extend.

Last few weeks seems more and more people just mill around islands firing over them hoping to hit something, then wonder why the have been torped by a clever DD or citadel-ed by a BB and die fast.
In turning to help the otherside, i generally lose half my health, but should have my second kill up, the team might have killed another... DD dies, AC runs off and we are slaughtered...

So getting annoyed with bad players i figure ill just drop down to a lower tier and play my bismark or warspite, low and slow...and what happens?
My tier 6 ship gets put in a tier 8/9 battle and im nuked by ships i cant even see!!  

Got citadeled by an iowa 20klms from me and i cant shoot till 16klms or something.
what the?

So i go back to my main ships and once again poor teams people afraid to do anything or just forget the basics.
back down to my little ships tier 6 is about the lowest ships i have...well maybe 5 on the texas.
same thing happens, i am soooo over it.

What happened to only 1 tier difference between ships? 1 AC per team?
does when i report someone as a bad player make it so i dont play with them again?

out of the 6 people i always used to play with im the last one and all have said the same thing.
Winning doesnt depend on our skills, it depends on others and bad team tier selections by the game.

I would rather wait for the right team then just get loaded up with anyone and anything.
I am going to come back one last time after this new patch from the test server is upgraded but if it no good im gone.

Have a break, have a KitKat.

VAm0ljG.png

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Why you all so negative to op he has legitimate concerns.

If you can't say anything to encourage him don't say anything at all.

like this?:trollface:

Have a break, have a KitKat.

435 posts
6,169 battles

I have been playing this game for ages almost from the start and i have seen alot of changes, mostly for the good. I play every day and a fair bit on the weekends. Love the German BBs as they suit my play style aggressive and tanky. But i am sick of bad team after bad team. 7 battles in a row tonight where the CA DD and i travel one side of the map everyone else mills around the centre sort of go to an area hit resistance turn around, die in doing so. Then the guys in the middle are getting hit and running to my side where we are depending on the guys with me pushing through generally with a couple of citadels, maybe a kill. I seem to be able to turn them back if theres a ship or two with me. But the other side is in full retreat we cant continue or push and am forced to pull back so we dont over extend. Last few weeks seems more and more people just mill around islands firing over them hoping to hit something, then wonder why the have been torped by a clever DD or citadel-ed by a BB and die fast. In turning to help the otherside, i generally lose half my health, but should have my second kill up, the team might have killed another... DD dies, AC runs off and we are slaughtered...So getting annoyed with bad players i figure ill just drop down to a lower tier and play my bismark or warspite, low and slow...and what happens? My tier 6 ship gets put in a tier 8/9 battle and im nuked by ships i cant even see!!  Got citadeled by an iowa 20klms from me and i cant shoot till 16klms or something. what the? So i go back to my main ships and once again poor teams people afraid to do anything or just forget the basics. back down to my little ships tier 6 is about the lowest ships i have...well maybe 5 on the texas. same thing happens, i am soooo over it. What happened to only 1 tier difference between ships? 1 AC per team? does when i report someone as a bad player make it so i dont play with them again? out of the 6 people i always used to play with im the last one and all have said the same thing. Winning doesnt depend on our skills, it depends on others and bad team tier selections by the game. I would rather wait for the right team then just get loaded up with anyone and anything. I am going to come back one last time after this new patch from the test server is upgraded but if it no good im gone.

Random battles is what it is, a makeup of all sorts and all types. You need to play “Full Team Battles“ to have the whole team working as you wish.

You can’t take away the victory from your opponents, there are always two sides to a match and you're forgetting about your opponents and there victory. You know they are allow to win too, even off your own team mistakes.

Edited by Yul_Brynner

1 post
1,899 battles

i agree, people dont actually play as a team. i normally use BB's and am sick of dds and cruisers that commit to a direction with me then tuck tail and run when they think they are outnumbered, leaving me and any other bb's to face enemy dds and cruisers, which can have only one outcome. most of the time if they stay the course we could probably beat the enemy or at very least have a damn good battle (which is why i play) funny thing is they die shortly afterwards cause they got no firepower or end up hiding waiting for clock to wind down. 

my last game, 2 cruisers lead the way up east side of map, i followed to support, we came across 1 dd 3 cruisers and a bb, 2 of their cruisers ran into land and their bb seemed to have trouble choosing a target. i hit 2 citadels crippling their cruisers, i looked at map and hello both cruisers that led the way were running south leaving me to contend with all.the enemy. the enemy  was so bad i almost escaped myself but dds torps and bbs shells finally caught up with me...as for the 2 cruisers that ran well they died within 3 minutes of leaving me...this happens a good 75% of the time and i am struggling to understand why.

i too am over it...my target ships in this game are nth Carolina and the mighty Bismark, im not there yet and doubt i will play enough now to get them.....disappointing!!!

maybe some kind of reward system for staying with your bb's should be put in place and demerits if you desert

44 posts

i agree, people dont actually play as a team. i normally use BB's and am sick of dds and cruisers that commit to a direction with me then tuck tail and run when they think they are outnumbered, leaving me and any other bb's to face enemy dds and cruisers, which can have only one outcome. most of the time if they stay the course we could probably beat the enemy or at very least have a damn good battle (which is why i play) funny thing is they die shortly afterwards cause they got no firepower or end up hiding waiting for clock to wind down. 

my last game, 2 cruisers lead the way up east side of map, i followed to support, we came across 1 dd 3 cruisers and a bb, 2 of their cruisers ran into land and their bb seemed to have trouble choosing a target. i hit 2 citadels crippling their cruisers, i looked at map and hello both cruisers that led the way were running south leaving me to contend with all.the enemy. the enemy  was so bad i almost escaped myself but dds torps and bbs shells finally caught up with me...as for the 2 cruisers that ran well they died within 3 minutes of leaving me...this happens a good 75% of the time and i am struggling to understand why.

i too am over it...my target ships in this game are nth Carolina and the mighty Bismark, im not there yet and doubt i will play enough now to get them.....disappointing!!!

maybe some kind of reward system for staying with your bb's should be put in place and demerits if you desert

Yer mate, thats my issues too. But i was talking to another friend of mine that plays and he thinks alot of the better players are actually on the public test server ATM so it might just be for a week or so and everything will settle back down. I have the Bismark and she is great fun if you like to tank and get in close and personal. My nrth Caro is awesome and probably my favorite ship to play after my IOWA. Loooong range on the IOWA makes it more fun, but i only just got it and havent really got the targetting down on her yet. Look for me on out there man, im having a couple of weeks off while PT is going then ill go and look at the game again.

Beta Tester
48 posts
18,367 battles

I must agree I have noticed the trend becoming much more developed in the sit back camp, and whilst I dont like it if you want to win you have to use your teammates and if they sit back you must stay near them pushjing by yourself or in low numbers will only result in you getting focus fired on by the entire enemy team within range and a short game.

It is definitely not the style of game play I like but it is a team game the days of being a skilfull player or having a larger screen (making it easier to target enemy) and able to take on 3 - 4 enemy ships and beat them are largely gone now team actions vs individula actions no matter how mundane are winning games

26 posts
7,433 battles

I completely agree with you... And what's the difference 'really' between ranked and random.... ranked feels very very random....

My Positive Suggestion is this:

1. Forced Divisions - definitely in ranked and optional in random... The game should Auto Conscript Divisions based on spawn point and class.... The best player should be offered command or the ability during the countdown to revoke it to a fellow confident captain... Then the division can be coordinated by the various division commanders who could focus their efforts on objectives at hand.. 

2. The Idea of an 'Admiral' - Someone with a high 'compliment record' from other players combined with a good avg win rate for instance.. That player gets to choose the Division commanders strategy at the start of the game so that When the game loads there are courses plotted on the minimap specific to that division...

This idea would seriously enhance the overall gameplay and tactics, draw and more mature crowd back and stop the game from dying from what I call 'noob cancer' where they cater to the masses instead of listening to the innovators... 

We had this ABILITY in game since 2001 with Battlefield 2... A commander who could enter a command screen and redirect divisions.. drop ordinance etc... very cool... it's 15 YEARS LATER and we're playing like a 1970's arcade game so far as teamwork and inspiring battles go... The only good battles I have are flukes now... Fluke that I get atleast 3-4 good players on a team and that they in turn recognise what I'm doin and think "Now there's someone who does what I do, I'm going to back him up" but My Lord... I'd hold my breath for a Blue Moon prior to wishin on this...

Make some proper changes please boys....

Thanks.. Great game but far out... currently it's sinking....