You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
dekvisa

DDs limitation

DD limitation  

61 members have voted

1. 1. DD should be limit per team (if yes go on to next question)

2. 2. how many DDs per team

30 comments in this topic

[PTKRS]
[PTKRS]
211 posts
6,771 battles

pls ignore my bad grammar. my friends and i have common thinking that sometimes there're too many DDs per team/per game and that effect gameplay a lot such as make BB scare to go to front line and keep sniping from far away

so i start this poll to gather information before starting new topic in Developer's section

Super Tester
7,539 posts
7,978 battles

I think yes, and the limit of 4 seems good to me.

It is not because of them that BBs cannot go up front. It is becaue DDs are not good with dealing heavy damage very quickly. For example take a gunboat for instance, it will take a very long time to kill a battleship. So if there are more DDs that means less heavy hitter ships, which leads to one sided battle. The team having better DD players kill the enemy DD for free win.

Also, at most 4 DDs are easier to balance in terms of nation and type. It is better than having a hatsuharu against a sims.

[PTKRS]
[PTKRS]
211 posts
6,771 battles

Developers said limiting the number of DD per team is the last thing they will do. That what I red in their Q&A interview few or many months ago.

sry i might misreading it 

but in my friend+me opinion 5 DDs are too much in high tier game like this (already ask owner for permission to use these pictures). 

if it's the last thing Dev want to do i'm going to tell my friends about this thanks Ming

14455946_1149535771792326_92320285_o.jpg14468249_1155459247875530_5318125419827479666_o.jpg

14455946_1149535771792326_92320285_o.jpg

14468249_1155459247875530_5318125419827479666_o.jpg

Super Tester
7,539 posts
7,978 battles

sry i might misreading it 

but in my friend+me opinion 5 DDs are too much in high tier game like this (already ask owner for permission to use these pictures). 

if it's the last thing Dev want to do i'm going to tell my friends about this thanks Ming

14455946_1149535771792326_92320285_o.jpg14468249_1155459247875530_5318125419827479666_o.jpg

Well actually it depends on the number of available players. There are times of a day when hardly anyone queue up with DDs, there are times when queue is full of DDs and BBs, and the CA population have been reduced drastically.

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,938 battles

well is there any reason as to why the Devs have limited the battles to 24 players, 12 each team ? can they increase it to 14 or 15 per team? 28 or 30 players per battle ?

Edited by yobbo1972

435 posts
6,169 battles

I voted no because I don’t know if that’s the answer but,

There should always be equal destroyer’s numbers per team, especially in domination mode.

If there is 5 or 6 destroyers per team, then there should an equal cruiser/destroyer ratio, so one cruiser for one destroyer to balance the destroyers (less battleships).

And equal gunboat type destroyers per team and these gunboats of equal tier.

The rest and victory comes down to the players and the battle on the day. Maybe restricting numbers will reduce variety.

Edited by Yul_Brynner

220 posts
3,420 battles

I'm finding we are continually getting 3-5 DD's, in the early days I found them continually killing me, then I adapted and learnt and hunted them down.

Now being mostly in a BB it's the same problem again ..but..I'm adapting and find if they are not to close they are pretty easy to kill, they are more a distraction than a threat these days..now you get a carrier that's hell fueled at killing your BB and you can have real problems :)

I'm very afraid when there are 2 Carriers in a match

Super Tester
316 posts
3,400 battles

Best Lineup for me:

1 CV

3 BB (4 if no CV)

6 CA/CL

2 DD

DD just have too much effect late game.

i agree with that until that last part, DDs are at there best at the late game due to less restricted freedom of movement that you have at the start of the game, if you have a DD alive and they don't with 3 ships left on both teams, the team with the DD has an advantage due to the ability to move fast and unseen compared to a CL or BB so its easier to stealth cap or ambush, especially if the remaining enemy ships are battleships.

Also the reason if it seems DDs are a nightmare is because your cruisers are not doing their job right by being the barrier between enemy DDs and friendly BBs

Edited by daTungsten

146 posts
10,176 battles

I think the high number of BBs is more problematic - and if anything is to be limited it should be the number of them per match. No more than 3 per team would be ideal. 

If I'm in a BB and there are 5 DDs, it's not great, but it's manageable and I can still have fun. 

If I'm in a cruiser and there 5 BBs, I may as well quit as I am likely to be deleted from across the map as soon I'm detected, and have very little fun. 

The recent MM seems to have made cruiser gameplay in tiers 5/6 really really hard (e.g. Nurnburgs getting one-shotted by NCs). The only way to play cruisers in those tiers now is to hide behind islands and snipe HE - which is not fun, and a waste of the ships' potential. 

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,557 battles

The recent MM seems to have made cruiser gameplay in tiers 5/6 really really hard (e.g. Nurnburgs getting one-shotted by NCs). The only way to play cruisers in those tiers now is to hide behind islands and snipe HE - which is not fun, and a waste of the ships' potential. 

you have to learn how to WASD hack and to angle, island camping is the last thing.you sould be doing unless.you are in a atlanta or flint

[LYNMF]
463 posts
10,379 battles

you have to learn how to WASD hack and to angle, island camping is the last thing.you sould be doing unless.you are in a atlanta or flint

well, seeing 5 BBs out there most of the time, i will be pretty stupid to show my face (ship) in open waters 

even you're good at WASD hack and dodging and angling and stuff, unless you can become "invisible" like DDs  the chances are you'll are target practice for 5 BBs

so behind the island is a good place right now if you're a CLs especially rangeless US CLs

but that doesn't mean we're camping, we're just provide support fire at a safer place :teethhappy:

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,557 battles

speaking from experience, in a match with 5 BBs, CAs will encounter at most 2 who are in effictive fireing range, espically when playing on large maps or maps with big islands in the middle, unless you are up against a unicum who has very good accruacy, there is no need to island camp.

having island camping CAs on your team is a sure fired way to get BBs who are pushing killed, use stealth to disengage if you are in a bad situation and reposition before engageing again

146 posts
10,176 battles

speaking from experience, in a match with 5 BBs, CAs will encounter at most 2 who are in effictive fireing range, espically when playing on large maps or maps with big islands in the middle, unless you are up against a unicum who has very good accruacy, there is no need to island camp.

having island camping CAs on your team is a sure fired way to get BBs who are pushing killed, use stealth to disengage if you are in a bad situation and reposition before engageing again

I hear you - I'm not interested in hiding behind islands - but it remains the case that no amount of WASD hack has been helping much recently with the large number of BBs around - it's worse on smaller maps, I agree. . . .  Maybe I played a lot of unicums then - but I just sold my penescola and yorck as dying to one or two volleys with no way of dodging or even returning fire is just demoralising. And what are you supposed to do when your BBs don't push, as sometimes happens. I had better luck with Schors (just unlocked Chapy) - but only because with its speed and rate of fire/turret traverse, I could usually get in a decent amount of damage before dying. I'll be playing more DDs now - at least I can stay alive for longer and contribute more to the team in them. 

PS: If you have a look at the 'help how to survive penescola' thread - you will see the advice given to people struggling in it is to hide behind islands and snipe. 

Edited by Mister_Teatime

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,557 battles

aah, mid tiers, ignore my advice for T7, all tier 7 cruisers have crap armor, they wont surive even with WASD hacks, island camp to your heart's contend till you get to T8

[LYNMF]
463 posts
10,379 battles

positioning is essential, even if i camp, i'm still in between DDs and BBs, have to find the range to be useful but map like two brothers is a liitle problematic since there's little island 

oh and, i only camp at the start of the game when facing too many BBs then DD or CLs, 

Mister_Teatime is right about WASD hack thing, you can dodge all you want but BB only need to find several hit to kill you

and Mister_Teatime, i actually enjoy my pepsicola, it's quite a good ship but with a big bull's eye painted saying "come and citadel me"

but to actually learn to play that ship will take time and grinding it is a murder

maybe i'll get myself the King Camper "atlanta" next 

Edited by blacknoheart

[LYNMF]
463 posts
10,379 battles

back to the topic, 

2 CV    OR    1 CV   OR  No CV

4 BB             4 BB           4 BB

4 CL           4/5 CL          5 CL

4 DD          4/5 DD          5 DD

hey, wait a minute, i wanted 4 DDs only, this is not right

but then again, i don't want 5 BBs more than 5 DD

but right now

1/2 CV

5 BB

2 CL

4/5 DD

161 posts
5,905 battles

5 is a bit too much, I think 4 would be the best number. High tier would be nice to limit those numbers, I don't mind lower and mid tiers battles.

I once have a match with 5 DDs, on the enemy team there were 4 shima s I guess... it's a bit too much lol