Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
legionary2099

I cant believe how everyone treat carrier.

24 comments in this topic

[LNA]
1,662 posts
10,457 battles

Hello guys , to be honest i dont know if i should loose some steam here or go punch a bag , it's just too frustrating. I mainly play carriers , any other class i play i just sucks. I have a blank period of a few months and when i came back it was one hell of an AA fest.

In the lexi i play strike (Air superiority is just [content removed] and wasteful to me) and god at match start some one blame me with xxx useless 0 1 3 where is your 2 0 2 , when i do die or unmanage to contribute i get something like : noob cv report him.

And this is my point to those chats : there are 3 part of the problem : extremely powerful AA from every surface ship and constant threat from fighter + strafe. Now from my experience everyone treat cv like a devil and run everything to counter him : most surface ship i see ( BB , CA and a few DD ) run AA speced build and almost always have AA consumables. That means i always have to do a test run of 1 Db or Torp strike to test the water and then follow up with another strike.

And here comes the lol AA immunity from USN BB (lower tier CV like my Ryujo cannot touch them at all even if they are yoloing like a *** , which is just simply bad from a balancing point) , also that press the invicible button most CA have. The problem with this is it limit who i can go after 1st ( rejoice not having to touch WASD for those guys )

That is fine and all until i have to deal with the AS plague from other USN cv and some Shokakus.

Now , with the AS threat i have to constantly dance my strike crafts to avoid strafes and attacks and that is very hard especially with 3 1 2 shokaku with 3 strafe runs and once i do run that severely limit my present option to strike a target ( who i choose is only within reach and viable to not loose all strike crafts ).

Finally the passive battle line up in which ships poke each other near maximum range which increase the distance my strikes has to cover since USN CV are big as the moon and has to sit near a corner to not get rekt. I dont know why but this problem happen the most in German BB , many tier of them tier 5-8 refuse to close to 10 km engagement and hang around 15km mark playing sniper scope snap shots.

Combined the 3 and as you can see who i can attack is extremely limited , the 1st attack wave will almost always against a dd which i have no problem trashing unless its a Gearing or Fletcher. And this is the only wave that follow ups are possible. 2nd and 3rd waves are severely limited and mostly are targeted against lone wolf and here comes the problem :

If that yolo happy go lucky guy has AA consumable , strike aborted for a minute and all follow up impossible ( fighters will come up so run ). IF it is a higher tier BB (8+) , he WASD and use the magic AA manual and drop all strike crafts. These can be solved via grouping attack and dispersed attack . However , with AS loadout cv rampant , lone targets are not even worth the time going for them because of inefficiency (follow up has to be made within a short 1-2 min time frame for dispersed attack and losses are too heavy for grouped attack , you cant sacrifiece 16-18 planes for targets like these).

Too many time i have to bite the bullet and commit these suicide attack simply because i have no choice otherwise.For most of the time cv within 6-8 can split to 2 strike groups of 2 for an effective attack , however with the 3 problems presented they have to attack using single strike group and dance around for random possible targets , making focused deletion impossible (which is the whole point of the huge damage long reload for cv all about). US cv has it worst with no fighter to negate CA and BB planes when running strike and no damage to smash targets with puny DB when running AS load out. IJN cv are better with atleast partial fighter cover but their planes dies like flies to the everywhere AA happy AA everytime for YOLOers.

So i have to smash dd most of the time which i feel very bad and the biggest threat in naval warfare has to go for screening ships - small targets mentality sucks hard. I also play dd and getting focused by cv all the time because they cant hit anyone else sucks.

End of rant , thank you for reading this far for me , i appreciate it.

Possible fix :

1. Increase short range AA and lower long range AA power for BB , CA stay where they are . Increase status effects ( burn, flood) chance while lower alpha damage. The change should be that any lone ship even at the top and with AA specced cannot and will not destroy or shoot down 80% even concentrated attack of 3-4+ squadrons before they drop their ordinance. I am fine when making costly strikes , i am not fine with making attack not has no effect and waste time at all.

2. Fighter focused ( Air superiority [content removed]) should get reduced fighting endurance ( idk why the developer buff US fighter ammo count ) , the current set up makes both AS load from US and IJN has very little if any down time at all and makes it impossible to get a strike window in with 3 fighters running around in IJN case. Strafe should use less ammo so that AS with reduced ammo count can go after strike crafts.

3. US planes should get more resistance to strafe attacks (a % bonus) and more resistance to manual AA via a skill or module since their big fat slow and not many squadrons die fast to these 2 skills.

4. Fighter should get a bonus to fighting each other so that dodge fight happen at quicker pace ( no more fighter action that takes a year of time to be done ). Fighters should be the most effective counter to planes , not AA from surface ships.

5. Troll : a new consumable called Fighting Spirit that makes any squadron lost within 30 seconds of activation instantly or after 15 seconds replaced by another squadron of the same type xD. Or another consumable that vastly increase aircraft speed by 15% orso for 30 seconds so that they can get a strike in and get out.

6. AA defensive fire should get lower duration for the same lethality for non specialized CA or other line than US ones.

Any of these 6 changes are fine ( even 1 if implemented will make me happy ).

GOOD LUCK everyone.

If anybody meet a BB that charge like a moron thats me :teethhappy:

Derogatory. Post edited, user sanctioned.

~amade

Edited by amade

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,558 battles

whoah, big wall of text there, i dont know how to play CVs so i wont commment, but some players in CVs are really good and makes me think CVs are still OP

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

IMHO, this is what happen in the game right now

- Torpedo is no longer a big thread for Battleship (they got nerfed to oblivion), Air strike is

- Spotting Enemy reward long range Ship such as battleship and some cruiser, which will put all the blame to CV if he fail to help the team with spotting (similar with DD be blamed for failing at Cap)

- CV is a Queen piece as in chess, lose it and the whole team is expected to go down one by one by enemy air

- Too much AA forced CV player to switch target to DD, especially From IJN

- Battleship camping club, hard to reach with bomber

Edited by Harpoon01

[LNA]
1,662 posts
10,457 battles

I love carriers. Dodging Bombs n' torps in my DD. And exacting revenge. Ooooooooh good time ;)

I like guys like you who i will target and wipe the floor 1st . i can boast proudly that i can get any dd minus Gearing within 2 waves 100% , and most of the time 1 wave for dd who feel smoked safe  xD

671 posts
1,508 battles

I like guys like you who i will target and wipe the floor 1st . i can boast proudly that i can get any dd minus Gearing within 2 waves 100% , and most of the time 1 wave for dd who feel smoked safe  xD

Ah...... well bugger!

1,107 posts
7,844 battles

competent CV player will anahilate DD first, since they usualy "isolated themself"

then doing mop up on BB or CA, that after getting hit by dozen amount of HE shell, will have their AA power reduced

yeah, thats how wargaming plan it all along

just according to Keikaku

Super Tester
730 posts
3,239 battles

CVs are really important to your team, that's why if you get good players they usually won't leave the CV alone to defend it's own end. Competent CV players can easily keep spotted, damage, or sink enemy DDs to let BBs push forwards... so next time you feel useless, always know that you are doing your team a service by spotting :)

345 posts
3,666 battles

Playing CV is really difficult but playing well with them will give you great reward. However, when you get suppressed by both Fighters and AA, You will just end up wasting your time being able to do nothing. High tier CV play is even worse when you can barely get your planes near any ships.

I currently have the Hiryu and the most frustrating situation is when i'm against the "pay-to-win" Saipan. Their planes are so fast that they can move from one side of the map to the other easily. Strafing them is almost impossible since their planes are 2x faster than yours. Why would they place a CV with tier IX planes in tier VII? It's like giving a tier VII cruiser Yamato guns. They should at least move Saipan to tier VIII.

[LNA]
1,662 posts
10,457 battles

Come back to tier 4-5. Hope that I run into you with my Langley or Bouge :)

my name is the same as the forum name : gladly accept all challenge except those from 5 skills captain ( +1bomber/fighter) is no fun .

Oh btw , seasoned cv players are bringing their freaking 5 skills captain down to tier 4 to 7 , enjoying their pubstomping streak against newbie which is a big problem for newcomers so guys read this and dont bully new guys.

[LNA]
1,662 posts
10,457 battles

competent CV player will anahilate DD first, since they usualy "isolated themself"

then doing mop up on BB or CA, that after getting hit by dozen amount of HE shell, will have their AA power reduced

yeah, thats how wargaming plan it all along

just according to Keikaku

You do not have time to check which ship AA is badly hurt - its not in the UI yet and theres no mod i know to check ship current status which defeats this whole point. And as i have said going after dd all the time ruins the fun , CV big alpha are not meant to delete little ship , they are meant to punch giants. Also relying on your teammates to drug them in HE rains are not reliable or not feasible with the long range sniping bb fest and sometimes they are just too far to be a target. CV is like a RTS game , you need a reliable method or tactic that you can acchieve with 80% reliability , risky tactics can be gambled on but not relied on. You need calculated risk not the damn banzai suicide that makes IJN troops famous

[BRU]
309 posts
11,163 battles

I know how you feel but that's life. As a CV player, I don't mind the AA stat of enemies because I considered it as a challenge to attack them even they have powerful AA. Right now, I have Essex and Taiho in my port now and I'm enjoying the high tier play. I also have low tier CV too.

Super Tester
7,548 posts
7,993 battles

First of all, ignore anyone who says your load out is useless, as long as it is in the game, and you can make good use of it, it is not useless.

Then, running AA spec is legit, to understand this aspect, you have to play other classes against good CV players. A Shokaku one shot my NC, it is fine from the CV's point of view and I also know it is possible even though I don't play CV, but it is unfair from my point of view. If I had him in my gun sight, I had to spend 5-6 salvo to finish him (considering that RNG works and he stands still). For a CV, just stack and drop.

The saddest part is when enemy CV one shot my poor DD while I try to cap. I know its extremely hard, and kudos to the players who can do it, but still, the ability to pick on a target where team's AA support can't reach (and obviously usually your team's CV doesn't care), its so mean, but also necessary.

There is no other option other than to run AA spec, cause at least that way we can kill some of CV planes, while we still get killed by the CV.

Think about it. There are always two sides of the coin.

129 posts
3,526 battles

Right now, I have Essex and Taiho in my port now and I'm enjoying the high tier play. I also have low tier CV too.

oh so u did bought 2 ship......:trollface: so rich...., money is life x3

129 posts
3,526 battles

013 lex was a good option for selfish guy like me. ignore those who insult u, its no worth to argue with them. win the game and make him shut up .... and free 7 report for him. :teethhappy: 

1,107 posts
7,844 battles

You do not have time to check which ship AA is badly hurt - its not in the UI yet and theres no mod i know to check ship current status which defeats this whole point. And as i have said going after dd all the time ruins the fun , CV big alpha are not meant to delete little ship , they are meant to punch giants. Also relying on your teammates to drug them in HE rains are not reliable or not feasible with the long range sniping bb fest and sometimes they are just too far to be a target. CV is like a RTS game , you need a reliable method or tactic that you can acchieve with 80% reliability , risky tactics can be gambled on but not relied on. You need calculated risk not the damn banzai suicide that makes IJN troops famous

Well, thats what WG keikaku all along.

But you know, I see why WG mean to do

There is nothing more annoying, when a CV player set you as target.

And as you say, They meant to punch giants.

but if you in that "Giant" perspective, there is nothing fun - when you lost 30k HP in 3 minute since the match start - and if the CV is good enough there is nothing that can stop one

then spending most of the times, trying to recover and trying not to be seen (A Cruiser usualy enjoy similiar feel, if they got random citadel hit at early games - then spend not so joyful rest of the game)

there is Hopeless feeling for that poor guy.

Its done to exteend the game, so people dont get salty, feel useless, and have give their team no impact after just 2-3 min, after match is start.

They nerf, CV early snipe too rite ? this were the similiar reason I suppose

CV situation were a bit underpowered, But I overall approve the Direction WG set for CV.

They still can kill every class,  potent and impactfull  in experienced hands

Edited by humusz

1,196 posts
2,883 battles

With basic manoeuvres you can easily deal with CV all the time. I've dealt with CV multiple times with basic manoeuvres without any issues. I mean I will lose HP but I don't become salty about it. Plus, if you stray away from your fleet then you deserve to be killed by CV. Look at history, any lone wolf ship got dispatched by CV easily. Maybe at the end of the days it is time for BB players to stop whining and use their brain

Super Tester
7,548 posts
7,993 battles

With basic manoeuvres you can easily deal with CV all the time. I've dealt with CV multiple times with basic manoeuvres without any issues. I mean I will lose HP but I don't become salty about it. Plus, if you stray away from your fleet then you deserve to be killed by CV. Look at history, any lone wolf ship got dispatched by CV easily. Maybe at the end of the days it is time for BB players to stop whining and use their brain

Hmm, may be this is one of the reasons many DDs refuse to try and cap.

1,196 posts
2,883 battles

Hmm, may be this is one of the reasons many DDs refuse to try and cap.

It is dangerous for DD to cap. But back in those days, it is a CV job to provide support for other ships, I always value the protection of DD above CL and BB because of capping, I still protect CA/CL and BB but they are second priority after myself and DD

Sign in to follow this