amade

ST Recruitment Round 4 Questions Thread

165 comments in this topic

Senior Moderator
3,837 posts
2,602 battles

is there any requirement or Limitation of skills?

in response of "That" Thread

No particular restriction on skill. But we would prefer active people, both in-game and forum. Being able to provide detailed feedback is also a plus.

You in particular already know the drill ;-)

What does it take to be a Supertester?

For you to be selected as a Super Tester, here are some requirements you must meet:

1. Have a minimum of 1000 battles (can be a combination of modes);
  2. Have achieved tier 6 in at least two nations, and 200 battles each in 2 different classes. Premium ships do not count;
  3. Stats set to public for the duration of the selection process;
  4. Must read, understand and agree to the WoWS Supertest Non Disclosure Agreement (NDA).

There are a few other things that the Co-Ords and WG Staff will also be looking at:

1. Your attitude on the forums and in game;
  2. Your play style, this is to ensure the diversity of testers;
  3. Your warning/sanction history, being able to follow rules is obviously important.

Please note, these are not necessarily the only criteria we will be looking into during the selection process.

Here are some things that you must have as a Supertester:

1. Skype
  2. Teamspeak 3 (use of mic preferred - must at least be able to listen to Co-Ords)
  3. A decent internet connection (client updates are frequent)

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

You have to play a lot yeah? And you must do testing every time something comes out?

half right, you must update your client first, everytime something new comes up
Edited by Harpoon01

Senior Moderator
3,837 posts
2,602 battles

You have to play a lot yeah? And you must do testing every time something comes out?

We understand if real life takes precedent, but ST is indeed like a "job". It's mostly serious, and not necessarily fun. We keep records of everyone's ST activity and will boot out those who have been inactive for too long. I will not say how long, but it's a reasonable length of time. Most people will be able to fit it in their schedule to be reasonably active.

1,859 posts
5,797 battles

We understand if real life takes precedent, but ST is indeed like a "job". It's mostly serious, and not necessarily fun. We keep records of everyone's ST activity and will boot out those who have been inactive for too long. I will not say how long, but it's a reasonable length of time. Most people will be able to fit it in their schedule to be reasonably active.

So if I play some matches with new ships everytime they come out I can apply yeah?

Maybe I shouldn't tho it would kill me to keep my mouth shut

Senior Moderator
3,837 posts
2,602 battles

What is the expected workload of an ST in terms of hours per day/week?

Most of the stuff that passed through PT went through ST first, so you can get a rough estimate of how much testing is required. Of course, there are some things that never make it to PT.

Also, how good are comms between STs and devs?

I cannot comment on this. But for obvious reasons, ST feedback will be the first thing they look at before moving on to PT and live.

Super Tester
7,548 posts
7,993 battles

There was a question about PTS, but I actually forgot the version of pts where I completed all the missions and got 1d premium as well. It might be 5.8 or 5.9, or 5.10. Put my name up there anyway, although I think this is going to be a problem :P

There are a few other things that the Co-Ords and WG Staff will also be looking at:

1. Your attitude on the forums and in game;
  2. Your play style, this is to ensure the diversity of testers;
  3. Your warning/sanction history, being able to follow rules is obviously important.

However, how do they determine your play style, there was no related entries on the form.

Senior Moderator
3,837 posts
2,602 battles

However, how do they determine your play style, there was no related entries on the form.

That's a trade secret.

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

Just an addendum - if you want to apply for ST, you *will* be required to use comms. At this moment, its Skype and TS. Especially the former.

Also, make sure you have a good internet connection and sufficient space on your hard drive. ST has to download a lot of stuff frequently.

[KEBAB]
Super Tester
195 posts
6,024 battles

That's a trade secret.

Correlations between variables? i.e. ave. damage, battles per ship class, ave. kills, etc?

[KEBAB]
Super Tester
195 posts
6,024 battles

We don't have to worry about that. Their requirements are fairly simple

For you to be selected as a Super Tester, here are some requirements you must meet:

1. Have a minimum of 1000 battles (can be a combination of modes);
  2. Have achieved tier 6 in at least two nations, and 200 battles each in 2 different classes. Premium ships do not count;
  3. Stats set to public for the duration of the selection process;
  4. Must read, understand and agree to the WoWS Supertest Non Disclosure Agreement (NDA).

Edited by derekPo

Super Tester
316 posts
3,400 battles

Also, make sure you have a good internet connection and sufficient space on your hard drive. ST has to download a lot of stuff frequently.

how often and how large generally?

Super Tester
562 posts
4,462 battles

Hi Amade,

Just a few questions

1. Does it matter what time of day you play?
  2. If you platoon with people, do you get to use these vessels with non ST's (and not discuss it as NDA) or would you limit it to Platooning with other ST's or just play solo?
  3. The 200 games in the 2 lines is that specific to a ship and over tier 6? ie: 200 games in a Cleveland or 200 games in the US cruiser line in both co-op and Random from tier 6, or over the entire line.
  4. Is there a ST server like the PT server that you play on or is it fully in the standard SEA server? 
  5. How long, how often are the meetings? IE is there a schedule?
  6. What style of reporting is required? Written, verbal, both etc
  7. Whilst testing do you ST using your own account, or is it on a second account?

Cheers

Edited by Ensign_Brendoonigan

Senior Moderator
3,837 posts
2,602 battles

Hi Amade,

Just a few questions

1. Does it matter what time of day you play?
  2. If you platoon with people, do you get to use these vessels with non ST's (and not discuss it as NDA) or would you limit it to Platooning with other ST's or just play solo?
  3. The 200 games in the 2 lines is that specific to a ship and over tier 6? ie: 200 games in a Cleveland or 200 games in the US cruiser line in both co-op and Random from tier 6, or over the entire line.
  4. Is there a ST server like the PT server that you play on or is it fully in the standard SEA server? 
  5. How long, how often are the meetings? IE is there a schedule?
  6. What style of reporting is required? Written, verbal, both etc
  7. Whilst testing do you ST using your own account, or is it on a second account?

Cheers

1. Some tests are done in scheduled sessions.

2. Details only available within ST.

3. 200 games each in 2 classes, not specific to any ship, tier, nation or game mode.

4. Testing is done on various servers.

5. See #2.

6. Feedback and bug reports are written.

7. See #2.

Super Tester
562 posts
4,462 battles

1. Some tests are done in scheduled sessions.

2. Details only available within ST.

3. 200 games each in 2 classes, not specific to any ship, tier, nation or game mode.

4. Testing is done on various servers.

5. See #2.

6. Feedback and bug reports are written.

7. See #2.

Awesome thanks

345 posts
3,668 battles

I know that you need at least tier 6 in two nations but I only played the whole Japanese line and i have tier 7 on all classes. Are the ARP ships considered as a different nation? I wonder if i can still submit an application.

Senior Moderator
3,837 posts
2,602 battles

I know that you need at least tier 6 in two nations but I only played the whole Japanese line and i have tier 7 on all classes. Are the ARP ships considered as a different nation? I wonder if i can still submit an application.

You can try your luck, no promises.

how would the STs be announced?

Via PM.