You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Orion03

North Carolina Target Acquisition or Concealment?

North Carolina modules  

25 members have voted

1. 1. What should I put in the 5th module slot.

• Target Aquisition
    • Concealment

22 comments in this topic

683 posts
7,325 battles

Prefer concealment. I avoid torps in BB by keep on changing course, maneuver around (but most of my BB are Germans) Not a lot of time an enemy ship especially DD will come this close until you need to spot them at 3 km. With a much lower detection range on your ships it's much easier to surprise enemy at closer range, dealing more damage at first salvo, and easier to disengage when things get too hot for you.

122 posts
14,823 battles

I took Vigiliance on Battleships

But would love to have that rudder upgrade if possible :D

You would lol. i shall refer to Rear Admiral [content removed] from now on. Its poison posts deserves such an Accolade =D 

Insults. Post edited, user already sanctioned.

~amade

Edited by amade

Super Tester
7,512 posts
7,978 battles

Without the captain skill, it is still 13Km+, but the best thing about concealment build is, it allows you to disengage on your terms. For example, NC has quite good range. So you can actually engage enemy ships earlier while you are closing the gap. So you shoot, you become visible, and after 10 seconds you drop out of detection again, before your guns could reload. When they reload, you can simply shoot again. So by the time you are "on your face" position, you should be able to do significant damage without taking any damage at all. At lower tiers, New Mexico has the same advantage over all the other T6 battleships.

That is one of the most annoying aspects to play against NC as well.

Edited by icy_phoenix

[MEGA]
4,560 posts
17,542 battles

If you're allergic to torps, TAM. Mix with Vigilance and you can see torpedoes as though you have hydroacoustic.

Of course, you can always go concealment mod. But time not spent firing is time not doing your DPM.

one shotting CAs and dealing massive dmg to BBs by sneaking up on then is better then bow tanking and slowly chip away HP  at eachother

Beta Tester
1,167 posts
7,452 battles

one shotting CAs and dealing massive dmg to BBs by sneaking up on then is better then bow tanking and slowly chip away HP  at eachother

Better for your personal score, perhaps, but not necessarily better for the team.

[MEGA]
4,560 posts
17,542 battles

chipping away at the other team's bow on battleships is a worse way to contrabute to the team, if you wanted to do slow but consistant dmg you shouldnt be playing BBs, and switch to CAs or SVN DDs

Beta Tester
1,167 posts
7,452 battles

chipping away at the other team's bow on battleships is a worse way to contrabute to the team, if you wanted to do slow but consistant dmg you shouldnt be playing BBs, and switch to CAs or SVN DDs

I was referring to tanking damage for the team. If you're hiding in your battleship, it puts more pressure on the rest of your team. Look at both our stats in North Carolina, for example. I have lower average damage, but higher win rate.

Super Tester
7,512 posts
7,978 battles

If you're allergic to torps, TAM. Mix with Vigilance and you can see torpedoes as though you have hydroacoustic.

Of course, you can always go concealment mod. But time not spent firing is time not doing your DPM.

If there is no one to spot you, you drop from detection every 10 seconds after you shoot. That means unless they are all waiting for you to pop up in the map and hold their fire for you, you are fine. And even when they do that, it means they are shooting less.