You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Admiralthomas

Tier 5 BB.

14 comments in this topic

199 posts
18,023 battles

I think the game developer must get his ecstasy from watching the tier 5 BBs player suffering being ambush by DD. The BB is ill equipped to detect and avoid being hunted by DD. The main gun is too disperse to hit DD, the secondary too short (5 km range) and they either give you spotter plane which has short duration or no plane at all. Really sick psycho. instead of being the all powerful BB, tier 5 BB has to snipe from far and reduce to backup support. Don't even get me started on the shitty AA. Shitty boat by psycho designer.

1,859 posts
5,797 battles

First: learn to weave and dodge before you see the torps so they have no chance of hitting

Second: have good situational awareness so you know when there is a torp threat

Third: the cruisers are supposed to be about 3-5km in front of you killing DD anyways

199 posts
18,023 battles
Have you guys seen current matchmaking, it is full of DDs. There are less cruisers to protect BB. I can zig zag and chance speed but the sea are full of DDs. Sooner or later gonna get torp and they get up close to torp us. No chance to avoid . If DD are to counter BB, what of the CA, they too are ill equipped to search and detect DDs. No wonder most players want to be DDs captain. At high tier, WOWS know to limit certain ships category. Why can't they do that for low tier ? Even DDs gun can burn us easily. Why do I want to play a BB with so many weakness ? I rather play DD. Even they CAs are  afraid of me.

199 posts
18,023 battles

My rule of thumbs is to never move in the same direction and speed for more than 15 seconds.

Work like a charm 

​I will use this method since no improvement to Tier 5 BBs. WOWs can't blame us for playing too cautious.

724 posts
2,179 battles

My rule of thumbs is to never move in the same direction and speed for more than 15 seconds.

Work like a charm 

Basically this.

Try to predict where DDs will most likely to be sneaking around at, and proceed with caution. Whenever you see smoke being deployed but you can't detect the ship just point your bow right at the smoke, this will make you a smaller target for the DDs, hence harder to hit with their torpedoes. Always assume there is a DD behind an island and stay away from them to avoid getting surprise-torp-ed.

Edited by xDave1337x

173 posts
5,332 battles

Funny thing is that, when I see DD in my BB, I see EXP booster :).

Seriously, I'm more concerned of TBs rather than the DDs. Can't play my playstyle which is to get in close and hammer cruisers whenever there's CV.

[KEBAB]
Super Tester
195 posts
6,024 battles

View PostSkooma, on 23 September 2016 - 08:57 PM, said:

Work like a charm 

​I will use this method since no improvement to Tier 5 BBs. WOWs can't blame us for playing too cautious.

Actually playing with a certain degree of caution is exactly what WG had in mind by allowing DDs to counter Battleships. In other words, it's working fine. There's nothing wrong :)

Edited by derekPo

Super Tester
458 posts
7,194 battles

Whats wrong with T5 BBs, they are excellent.

content removed are easy to avoid.  Never sail in straight line for over 20s, never sail straight when rounding an island, and always stick to friendly AA cover.

Learn the game mechanics perhaps?

Inappropriate Terminology, Warning Issued

~tc1259

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

also, it help if you have try to play as DD.....

when you know how the DD captain think, you will try to get your self into a possition to counter that...