Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
th3vikings

Dilema Capt's skills for US crusier class

20 comments in this topic

360 posts
3,693 battles

Guys, really need all your advise.

I done some research on the past guides/discussion for this however i think due to some recent updates most of the guides are quite outdated and some skills are not available. To cut things short what are the recommended skills for the Capt if you are using tier 6 onwards? I know that US are strong in their AA. Thanks in advance.

Edited by th3vikings

[1NATN]
[1NATN]
398 posts
14,970 battles

BoS or BFT to [slightly] improve your AA
EM
Vigilance
AFT for longer ranged AA / DE for more burnies

CE

AA fits aren't usually that necessary tbh, most CV's will avoid you like the black death anyway.

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

EM

Vigilance

CE

AA fits aren't usually that necessary tbh, most CV's will avoid you like the black death anyway.

this

AA build for US is no longer necesarry because not many CV player now. and the one who still play CV already now what to do with US CL (eiher run away from them or already know how to slip trough the devensive AA mecanism and manage to sink them)

but in case if you want to build a master AA support Cruiser, use this :

Lv 1: BFT

Lv 2: ME

Lv 3: SI

LV 4: MAA then AFT (Manual AA do more damage than AFT so pick it first for pure AA cruiser. but if you want more balance, then AFT first)

360 posts
3,693 battles

EM

Vigilance

CE

Thanks for the reply mate. I don't think i will spec into BFT and AFT since the stock AA of US is good enough.

360 posts
3,693 battles

this

AA build for US is no longer necesarry because not many CV player now. and the one who still play CV already now what to do with US CL (eiher run away from them or already know how to slip trough the devensive AA mecanism and manage to sink them)

but in case if you want to build a master AA support Cruiser, use this :

Lv 1: BFT

Lv 2: ME

Lv 3: SI

LV 4: MAA then AFT (Manual AA do more damage than AFT so pick it first for pure AA cruiser. but if you want more balance, then AFT first)

Thanks mate. i don't think i will go into AA builts. Do you have other built in mind? I already dump points in this:-

1. Basic of survivability

2. ES

Edited by th3vikings

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

1.BoS less fire time

2.Expert marksmen aka wd40

3.superintendent: more AA barrage and radar

4.AFT because you are not a scrub that only shoot HE

5.Concealment expert: so you can get closer to enemy cruiser and DD and surprise them. also to safely disengage from battle.

360 posts
3,693 battles

1st-3rd row should be pretty easy to choose. 4th-5th row is pretty interesting. For my Cleveland I am aiming for DE+AFT+MAA. Tier 7-10 would be DE and CE for me

thanks mate. but why AFT?

+20% to firing range of main battery guns with a caliber up to 139mm and all secondary battery guns.
+20% to AA defense firing range.

only add +20% AA defence, +20 to firing range of main battery gun does not apply because all cruiser of tier 6 their guns are bigger than 139mm so this perks does not apply.

what is MAA?

Edited by th3vikings

360 posts
3,693 battles

1.BoS less fire time

2.Expert marksmen aka wd40

3.superintendent: more AA barrage and radar

4.AFT because you are not a scrub that only shoot HE

5.Concealment expert: so you can get closer to enemy cruiser and DD and surprise them. also to safely disengage from battle.

thanks mate. more or less 1st, 2nd, 4th, 5th skill is fixed for me. i don't think i specs in AA because i feel it quite useless in this game and some mates have already pointed it out.

1. Basics of Survivability

2. Expert Marksman

3.  High Alert? Vigilance? Superintendent?

4. Demolition Expert

5. Concealment Expert

but it dilema for me on 3rd skill. what do you all proposed?

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

+20% to firing range of main battery guns with a caliber up to 139mm and all secondary battery guns.

only add +20% AA defence, +20 to firing range of main battery gun does not apply because all cruiser of tier 6 their guns are bigger than 139mm so this perks does not apply.

what is MAA?

You are talking about all USS Cruiser or just until tier 6?

MAA = Manual AA

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

thanks mate. more or less 1st, 2nd, 4th, 5th skill is fixed for me. i don't think i specs in AA because i feel it quite useless in this game and some mates have already pointed it out.

1. Basics of Survivability

2. Expert Marksman

3.  High Alert? Vigilance? Superintendent?

4. Demolition Expert

5. Concealment Expert

but it dilema for me on 3rd skill. what do you all proposed?

if you are planning to grind all the way to higher tier superintendent will be better choice. imo

reason: recently i see couple of active CV at tier VII and above. you will even encounter poor Ryuujou and independence on teir VII and VIII.

extra radar to clear DD hiding at smoke screen.

extra damage repair once you reach tier IX and X, uses premium damage repair and you can get up to 4 Damage repair pack

266 posts
5,142 battles

what is MAA?

AFT also increases your AA range by 20%, that means your area of effect for your Defensive Fire consumables will also become wider. This perk is good if you are a team player, or often in a division.

My current 17 point captain in Des Moines :

- Basics of Survivability

- Expert Marksman + Incoming Fire Alert

- Superintendent

- Demolition Expert

- Concealment Expert

I took DE instead of AFT because I play mostly solo, and having 17% fire chance means I can burn battleships more easily.

And I choose Superintendent for extra heal + radar. Also I use Hydro instead of Def AA so I don't need vigilance.

1,196 posts
2,883 battles

what is MAA?

+20% AA range on the Cleveland is quite devastating. Combine with manual AA and Demo expert, the Cleveland will turn into a very versatile ship. Concealment does not match with my play style so I am planning to replace it with AFT and MAA as I already have DE. Don't underestimate 7.2 km AA range that is also buffed with MAA. Tread into the AA range for a few seconds and bye bye planes.

360 posts
3,693 battles

+20% AA range on the Cleveland is quite devastating. Combine with manual AA and Demo expert, the Cleveland will turn into a very versatile ship. Concealment does not match with my play style so I am planning to replace it with AFT and MAA as I already have DE. Don't underestimate 7.2 km AA range that is also buffed with MAA. Tread into the AA range for a few seconds and bye bye planes.

thanks mate. so you built is something like this? What about your 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 5th skill?

4. Advanced Firing Training + Manual Fire Control for AA Armament

1,196 posts
2,883 battles

thanks mate. so you built is something like this? What about your 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 5th skill?

4. Advanced Firing Training + Manual Fire Control for AA Armament

My finished Cleveland build will be 

1. Basic Firing Training

2. Expert Marksman

3. Vigilance (Superintendent not needed for Cleveland)

4. Advanced Firing Training+ Demolition Expert+ Manual Fire Control for AA Armament

5. N/A

No stealth needed for my play style

And this is ONLY for the Cleveland, for Tier 7+  go with

1. BFT (BoS is not needed imo, because if you get set on fire or getting flooded that often you should be dead)

2. EM

3. SI or (VI, if you want to train a captain specifically for pensacola)

4. DE

5. CE

Edited by silenthunter19944

360 posts
3,693 battles

My finished Cleveland build will be 

1. Basic Firing Training

2. Expert Marksman

3. Vigilance (Superintendent not needed for Cleveland)

4. Advanced Firing Training+ Demolition Expert+ Manual Fire Control for AA Armament

5. N/A

No stealth needed for my play style

And this is ONLY for the Cleveland, for Tier 7+  go with

1. BFT (BoS is not needed imo, because if you get set on fire or getting flooded that often you should be dead)

2. EM

3. SI or (VI, if you want to train a captain specifically for pensacola)

4. DE

5. CE

thanks mate! I will try out your built! Btw what is SI? Is it superintendent? It a good idea to stay with bb as they have the range and while i provide air support and destroy dd that around.

Sign in to follow this