You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
th3vikings

IS IT WORTH TO CONVERT PREMIER SHIP XP TO FREE XP

24 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

Simply no for me, not just becasue you have to pay "Real Money" for in-game EXP that can be earn by playing, but when you free XP to skip ship by this way your captain wont get any exp = no point to opt for higher skill in higher Tier ship.

I will say that if you play daily just go with Premium time..

Edited by MeloMelonSoda

112 posts
5,463 battles

I do... Because I have money to chuck into the game. I use free XP to get modules and stuff for ships so I don't have to play totally stock. In my opinion it's definitely worth it, but like with every purchase in the game depends on your financial position.

Beta Tester
434 posts
3,187 battles

Completely worth it if you have the cash.

I have used my Scharnhorst, with flags and premium time, to boost my ship (and free XP) to large amounts very quickly. Which i then converted to free XP and researched German BB's from t3 to t8 in one hit.

The additional money earnt also allowed me to buy a Bism and fully spec it with upgrades and modules, in one hit.

My Scharnhorst captain almost has a Lv 5 skill too.

And I came from almost zero in free XP and credits thanks to some US carrier and battleship research and purchase prior to the Scharnhorst.

It's been a boon.

Tee

1,859 posts
5,797 battles

Dude what's with all caps in the title... Also premium ship not premier ship

I don't do it because I have a decent income of free XP just from playing but I'm getting some money soon so maybe I will :hiding:

Edited by FenrirApalis

362 posts
3,693 battles

I do... Because I have money to chuck into the game. I use free XP to get modules and stuff for ships so I don't have to play totally stock. In my opinion it's definitely worth it, but like with every purchase in the game depends on your financial position.

that very true when you at higher tier it a pain to grind, can use this xp to purchase the module rather than stock ships. stock ship really sometimes sux to the max
Edited by th3vikings

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

no, its not that hard to earn free exp if you have premium ship. not to mention there are quest that give 500exp every few days. i only uses free exp to buy hulls of ship while i  grind the other modules using ship exp.

892 posts
7,853 battles
I did it when I first started but have not done so in a long time. I would rather use my doubloons for other things instead since free XP can be farmed, albeit slowly

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

i once convert enough free xp to make my Phoenix into Cleaveland ( in order to have a tier 6 ship and can kill 30 DD back in january 2016 ) after tht i never convert any more and now i have lts free xp that i dont know what to do with it...

also if you keep playing , you can get free xp around 15.000 a month

683 posts
7,367 battles

Free XP is good to unlock hull on stock.ships, which will make your grind much enjoyable.. or less torturing in case of bad ship.

I do convert for free XP a portion of the required XP to reach tier X when it has become unbearable, but it's like throwing cash in to buy the time needed to grind for it, so... this method is really depend on yourself.

Personally I don't use Equal Speed Charlie London to.gain ship XP on premium ship. I use premium ship to grind for credit, ship XP is a by product. Rather the flags I'd use on the ship line I wanna grind, and use it on higher tiers as the required XP to unlock next ship increased exponentially, and higher tier battle usually come with more XP per match.

Yes, premium time is worth it. For example you are using Equal Speed Charlie London, the difference between a basic account

XP + (0.5 x Xp)

And a premium account

(XP + 0.5 x XP ) + 0.5 x (XP + 0.5 x XP)

Is substantial.

362 posts
3,693 battles

i once convert enough free xp to make my Phoenix into Cleaveland ( in order to have a tier 6 ship and can kill 30 DD back in january 2016 ) after tht i never convert any more and now i have lts free xp that i dont know what to do with it...

also if you keep playing , you can get free xp around 15.000 a month

I hope so. I really new and still learning. My aiming is pretty bad and I like crusier class very much. I learnt that cruiser class cannot go solo alone and you need your friends. So i might buy the premier time to double my capt xp, ship xp and doubloons. 

48 posts

I do it because there are some ships that I simply don't like and I've got a few spare dollars.  So I don't have to grind away in some tub that gets up my nose. 

112 posts
5,463 battles

I hope so. I really new and still learning. My aiming is pretty bad and I like crusier class very much. I learnt that cruiser class cannot go solo alone and you need your friends. So i might buy the premier time to double my capt xp, ship xp and doubloons. 

And welcome to the game!

Super Tester
7,586 posts
8,005 battles

Notice, everyone talking about spending money or free exp for higher tier ships. You should grind lower tiers by playing them if you are new, you will get familiar with game aspects quicker.

Once you are quite comfortable with the game, then think about premium time or use $ for free exp. Otherwise there is a chance that it wont be very effective.

Also, captain skill is far more important at higher tiers.

362 posts
3,693 battles

Notice, everyone talking about spending money or free exp for higher tier ships. You should grind lower tiers by playing them if you are new, you will get familiar with game aspects quicker.

Once you are quite comfortable with the game, then think about premium time or use $ for free exp. Otherwise there is a chance that it wont be very effective.

thanks mate for the advise!

331 posts
17,093 battles

I would say  Not to spend doubloons to convert xp to free xp. Its one of those thing I would consider a trap option.

As others have said  free xp ing up the tree to high tiers isnt a good idea if your captains dont have the skill points.

you will have a much larger need for credits than xp and you can get both by playing the game and playing to the role of your ship.

I have an excess of free xp I accumulated 60 k free xp since the german BBs came out and my last free xp binge. used 20k to get the hull upgrade for the Geisenau and 12k for the improved kagero range finder.

112 posts
5,463 battles

Yeah this is a solid point. If you don't grind the lower tiers in your initial journey you'll lose so much gameplay experience

362 posts
3,693 battles

Yeah this is a solid point. If you don't grind the lower tiers in your initial journey you'll lose so much gameplay experience

I already bought the 360 days account! Enjoying every moment of it!

362 posts
3,693 battles

oh damn rich ! :coin:

I calculated and it more worth while to get the 360 days. No point to get 30 days. Some here are richer than me, the got so many premium ship :p