You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Unraveler

Shimakaze on Test Server - A Taste of the New IJN DD Branch

62 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
1,167 posts
7,494 battles

Shimakaze has a buff on Test - gun reload: 5.7 seconds. While Shimakaze has always been a decent gunboat, she's now genuinely powerful. Her guns hit harder than those of her rivals and now she can deliver them at a competitive rate. That's right, she now has the potential to win gunfights. Get in that cap zone, Shimakaze! Fight!

There's still some significant weaknesses, though. At point-blank range, the slowish turret traverse will become a major hindrance - don't let that Gearing get too close! At long range, the shells lose a little too much speed - don't engage that Khabarovsk until you get closer! None of this is new, of course, but now that you have real firepower it actually matters. This one simple buff has drastically changed Shimakaze's character.

No more constant lurking, Shimakaze can now aggressively push into cap zones with newfound confidence. The combination of stealth, speed, nightmarish torpedo broadside, and great guns means she can hold out against other Destroyers instead of always being forced to run away. Gearing and Khabarovsk are still better gunboats overall, but the difference in potency is much less pronounced now.

Apparently, the Tier IX Yuugumo will also get this rate-of-fire. Looking forward to testing her out.

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

Melo is responding positively.

Its time to nerf Shimakaze again :D

I no fear !! despite how bad the ship is with the correct playstyle i can make it work (like by beloved Tashkent) !!!

I didnt play Shimakaze becasue i dont have Captain for it (my 15pt captain is on Fubuki), but with Dragon flag and Atago soon my Shimakaze gunboat will complete !!!

Shima-tan 15 Torpedoes rekt all !! Shima-tan fastest, cutest and the BEST !!!

Edited by MeloMelonSoda

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

So that means slap on BFT and take torret trasverse module... Hmm maybe stack with reload module too... Can't decide

I kinda on the side of turrets traverse since it surely easier to engage and react to the situation (and most of all less frustrating) but if you gonna opt for long range fire support and if you confident in dealing with DD at close range with slow turrets traverse always opt for RoF mod.

Senior Moderator
1,129 posts

No need i have faith in my Shima-tan !!!

So much faith but you never use her in game......:hmm:

Edited by ADM_dude_SG

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

So much faith but you never use her in game......:hmm:

Here

I didnt play Shimakaze becasue i dont have Captain for it (my 15pt captain is on Fubuki), but with Dragon flag and Atago soon my Shimakaze gunboat will complete !!!

My current Shimakaze stats was using 3 point captain, imagine i have 15pt :trollface:

Senior Moderator
1,129 posts

Here

My current Shimakaze stats was using 3 point captain, imagine i have 15pt :trollface:

Still doesn't excuse you from not using her all this time.....by now you could have had a 15pt captain trained, but no you abandoned her for the Russian and US DDs......

I find your lack of faith disturbing.....

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

Still doesn't excuse you from not using her all this time.....by now you could have had a 15pt captain trained, but no you abandoned her for the Russian and US DDs......

I find your lack of faith disturbing.....

Because all the nerf and radar stuff + my div m8 dont let me play Shima-tan !!! but soon™ with all the gun buff and 15pt captain my Shima-tan shall rules the sea !!!!

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

Because all the nerf and radar stuff + my div m8 dont let me play Shima-tan !!! but soon™ with all the gun buff and 15pt captain my Shima-tan shall rules the sea !!!!

a true believer would of stuck with her and not parked her on her lonesome in some dingy port.....

683 posts
7,358 battles

Oh my, that you-know-who is so cruel..

Wait, or he has other agenda separating you and Shima tan?

[ATLAS]
Beta Tester
464 posts
9,884 battles

Well 4.5s sounds cool but are you really going to do that? Most likely you just gonna fill it with BFT and Torpedo reload on the modules. 

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

Patch 5.13:

Shimakaze removed from the game huehuehue

That will proof that Shima-tan is the best !!! so WG need to remove her the balance to game but Shima-tan legend will live-on like Kitakami !!!
Edited by MeloMelonSoda