You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
JohnShepard

Disappearing ships

9 comments in this topic

2 posts
482 battles

Ships disappearing

all maps

all ship types

cant reproduce

happens every battle

ruins game

no matter how close or how far away a ship is almost every battle at least one ship will just suddenly vanish from screen

even when firing on a ship it will vanish from my screen for up to about 10 to 15 seconds and does not reappear in the same spot

they continue to fire at me and when they do appear again they have moved a lot more than should have done

173 posts
5,332 battles

Ships disappearing

all maps

all ship types

cant reproduce

happens every battle

ruins game

no matter how close or how far away a ship is almost every battle at least one ship will just suddenly vanish from screen

even when firing on a ship it will vanish from my screen for up to about 10 to 15 seconds and does not reappear in the same spot

they continue to fire at me and when they do appear again they have moved a lot more than should have done

You should familiarize yourself with the spotting mechanics of the game eg. line-of-sight, aerial spotting range and detection values. Whenever a ship disappears, it means nobody in the team including you have line-of-sight or within the detection values of the ship. Familiarize yourself how spotting works and how situation awareness works and you will get better in this game.
Edited by KirstieBeau

2 posts
482 battles

makes no difference what ship I use

no smoke screens

ships can be 5 to 10km away

out in the open no islands or anything

we could be shooting at each other and they will just disappear

350 posts

OP, the answer was already laid by the other posters e.g. line of sight and detection values.

For you to understand what those terms mean, imagine that you are in a car chase and the one your chasing is too far away for you and your buddies to see and thus it disappeared. 

Suddenly, one of your buddies suddenly see the car reports it to you so you know where it is. 

The same thing could be said for line of sight and detection values. 

When I started playing, I wondered the same thing too and it took me until update 0.5.4 or 0.5.5 to realize why when detection values were given in the port. Since then, I make myself invisible while keeping the enemy ships in visual range to be able to surprise them while waiting for back up. Try doing that in your next game so you could beat them in their own game.