You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
icy_phoenix

German battleships spoiling new players. Opinions?

46 comments in this topic

Super Tester
7,562 posts
8,001 battles

Since they cannot be citadelled in lower tiers, new players are happily driving showing braodside to enemy's whole BB line. Come on guys, don't you realize you might not get a hit in the citadel, you still get torn to shreds by regular pen damage. You will see a huge majority of german bb players from bottom to top tier do not care for angling. BBs with great armor like Gneisenau or Bayern getting killed in 3-4 salvo, what is this. Your guns are crappy and you are not utilizing your strength, the armor. I have nothing to say.

And then they play their Fusos and Kongos in the same fashion, cause they forget they are in different ships and gets one shot back to port. I really hate this, they don't learn good practices. I don't mind though if they are in the enemy team.

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,840 posts
4,138 battles

I tend to agree and the ships create bad habits. I drove the Nassau bow on to everyone and just bounced everything then went to the Kaiser and had to adapt to the way the guns are configured.   I spent way too much time angled far too broadside 

122 posts
14,823 battles

Same $hit........Same inane rubbish.....Diff Day. You guys should have a good hard look in the mirror. I'm sick of the [content removed] Crap you clowns offer up day after day after [content removed] day. No help or advice to new players. Just the same old [content removed] ......It's a contest to see how big that Torpedo extends from your forehead. Won't even mention what you Clowns do to new posters in this Forum.  Carry on Torpedo Heads....Shame ...Shame...Shame....btw ...GET [content removed] =D 

Profanity. Post edited. User warned.

~dead_man_walking

Edited by dead_man_walking

295 posts
6,613 battles

Same $hit........Same inane rubbish.....Diff Day. You guys should have a good hard look in the mirror. I'm sick of the [content removed] Crap you clowns offer up day after day after [content removed] day. No help or advice to new players. Just the same old [content removed] ......It's a contest to see how big that Torpedo extends from your forehead. Won't even mention what you Clowns do to new posters in this Forum.  Carry on Torpedo Heads....Shame ...Shame...Shame....btw ...GET [content removed] =D 

~dead_man_walking

wow, dude, really??? why so salty??

266 posts
5,142 battles

Tbh, I doubt those kind of players would even bother to angle even when German BB doesn't exist.

It's a similar case with Kongo's range. Those who's willing to learn will get better, those who don't will stay stagnant. The ships have some degree of influence, sure. But in the end, it all depends on the player himself.

220 posts
3,420 battles

~dead_man_walking

this really was an off topic post/rant but I'll approach a few things you say

I do agree about new members asking for help.."get good" (or the like) seemed the first unhelpful reply that's given and continues in the same vain, it's hard to reply to as it's actually non-specific and is more about the posters comfort and perceived standing within the forum (that "cool guy"), it makes me slightly angry everytime I see it. Hmm seems that was all the points you made. I think if you had made a more constructive post it would be received with care.

On-topic

Dead right, my Konig is so strong I care not a jot at protecting myself or at least make it an after thought if I'm getting nailed..this is not good :) 

Edited by OraPits

67 posts
14 battles

From low tier experience, you can still get heavily punished in german Bbs by showing a broadside. Just because you can't get citadeled doesn't mean you take less damage.

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

this really was an off topic post/rant but I'll approach a few things you say

I do agree about new members asking for help.."get good" (or the like) seemed the first unhelpful reply that's given and continues in the same vain, it's hard to reply to as it's actually non-specific and is more about the posters comfort and perceived standing within the forum (that "cool guy"), it makes me slightly angry everytime I see it. Hmm seems that was all the points you made. I think if you had made a more constructive post it would be received with care.

On-topic

Dead right, my Konig is so strong I care not a jot at protecting myself or at least make it an after thought if I'm getting nailed..this is not good :) 

From what I've seen moderating the forums - those that actually ask are given advice and opportunities to learn (offers of divisions etc).  Those that just rant or burst into print with "this sux" "fix this" etc get ridiculed.  

220 posts
3,420 battles

We all see what we see

You may get a first time post as "I keep dieing", the post was of no help in helping them so "get good" would be a fair reply

There are first time posts that have caught my eye that have been asking for direction but still get the same "get good" reply, it's very off putting

It is hard to get past a first "help me" post here, I see it and he saw it and you don't doesn't mean anything, it's an opinion and all are valid

Super Tester
7,562 posts
8,001 battles

~dead_man_walking

Lol. You don't own the forum and I'm not here to please you. You don't like it don't read it. Simple. It seems that you have some issues with me, cause you insult me in almost every way and in every thread you can. Did I kill you in battle or something? 

Clown calling others clown.

Super Tester
7,562 posts
8,001 battles

We all see what we see

You may get a first time post as "I keep dieing", the post was of no help in helping them so "get good" would be a fair reply

There are first time posts that have caught my eye that have been asking for direction but still get the same "get good" reply, it's very off putting

It is hard to get past a first "help me" post here, I see it and he saw it and you don't doesn't mean anything, it's an opinion and all are valid

Apparently your eyes are sharper than our moderators. People use "git gud" only on rant threads, when someone don't ask politely. Like someone come up and accuse everyone of using aim bots. Any posts or replies that are offensive are moderated strictly by the moderation team. If you see "git gud" somewhere, try checking the posts above it. You are bound to find an arrogant response of the OP that led to the situation.

Any thread where someone asks for suggestion they get it. I don't want to go in a verbal war with you about this. You can simply avoid them if you think they are pointless.

Some people in this forum have a tendency to oppose whatever certain people have to say. It doesn't bother me at all.

220 posts
3,420 battles

No, I'm not into fights at all, I just feel sometimes a new person is up against it so I'll try to support them if I can

Being an old hand in a forum does make people jaded a lot and it's a natural progression as new people come in and ask the same silly mindless questions (that we all did) 

If you can't keep your compassion then it's time to not go there

"Some people in this forum have a tendency to oppose whatever certain people have to say" yes and I've seen them as well, when someone says "it doesn't bother me at all" it infact does bother them :)

"You can simply avoid them if you think they are pointless." and the old hands don't" 

"Apparently your eyes are sharper than our moderators"  thank you, not many would see that, i wasn't confident at all in saying it but now I'm happy :)

"Any thread where someone asks for suggestion they get it" yes, but not the point I was referring too.

Icy, I read all your posts and concur with most, you are very helpful here I almost feel we are close friends (might be more one way) so it's only with much love and affection I reply to you, I'm not attacking and will not go down an aggressive road in a forum.

Edited by OraPits

Super Tester
7,562 posts
8,001 battles

@OraPits, I do troll a lot in the forums, won't deny it. I try to refrain from being aggressive as well, since DMW has already locked me up in the celler a few times. Most of the common forum trolls are kinda friend like for me, I play and chat with them every day.

That being said, this is a serious thread. I'm not saying I'm great at this game, but many players just doing it wrong. And even when I write it in chat "bayern, angle your ship", "bis, you are broad side...", I am simply ignored (often get stfu response as well), they keep doing their stuff. 

If you are in a BB, that's a capital ship. One of the most impactful classes of ships. There is a reason BBs have this hp pool, heal and armor. No one should throw this advantage away.

Super Tester
7,562 posts
8,001 battles

Feel free to Confirm you'd  like to attach a Torpedo to your Forehead. Happy to oblige and call you Torpedo Head. 

@DMW, how is this not a personal attack/insult. Not to mention this has nothing to do with the topic? 

Edit: nvm, I know how to ignore bs.

Edited by icy_phoenix