You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Trojan63

Asia vs NA server, my comparison

31 comments in this topic

753 posts
8,965 battles

After playing the NA server and reaching the tiers in normally play here (no higher than 5 but did try some tier 7) I thought I would give my thoughts between the 2.

Game performance.

This is playing from Melbourne Australia. FPS and ping were roughly the same with slightly more lag at times, however disconnection was much higher.

Forum.

Different format was hard to get use to but more detailed information was available due to the the various sub sections.

Having introduced myself everyone was quite welcoming and friendly. 

Same amount of whining and useless topics as here and it appears they definitely don't like ARP ships.

Contests seem to be slightly better and the same with the rewards although this is no big issue for me personally.

Seems to be more feedback from staff/developers with Q and A and some threads.

In game play style.

Slightly more CV players per match. 

Big increase in BB and DD players per match.

More aggressive play style with not much back of the map sniping or island hugging.

Team co-ordination is practically nonexistent even with the the majority speaking English, 5 minutes into a match it is not rare to find all players scattered all over the map.

Mission objective is also rarely a team effort. 

In game chat.

Rarely used for co-ordination with a lot of general chit chat, sledging, abuse and swearing. If your thin skinned then it's not the place for you.

In game events and rewards/discounts.

Missions and rewards are the same.

Challenges are different and the rewards are better.

Events are more numerous and varied with the rewards/discounts greater although we knew that already.

My conclusion is that the Asia server is the best for me personally so I'm afraid to say that you guys are stuck with me. :)

Only areas of improvement that I can suggest are more staff/developer interaction and a unified approach to in game events and rewards/discounts.

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

After playing the NA server and reaching the tiers in normally play here (no higher than 5 but did try some tier 7) I thought I would give my thoughts between the 2.

Game performance.

This is playing from Melbourne Australia. FPS and ping were roughly the same with slightly more lag at times, however disconnection was much higher.

Forum.

Different format was hard to get use to but more detailed information was available due to the the various sub sections.

Having introduced myself everyone was quite welcoming and friendly. 

Same amount of whining and useless topics as here and it appears they definitely don't like ARP ships.

Contests seem to be slightly better and the same with the rewards although this is no big issue for me personally.

Seems to be more feedback from staff/developers with Q and A and some threads.

In game play style.

Slightly more CV players per match. 

Big increase in BB and DD players per match.

More aggressive play style with not much back of the map sniping or island hugging.

Team co-ordination is practically nonexistent even with the the majority speaking English, 5 minutes into a match it is not rare to find all players scattered all over the map.

Mission objective is also rarely a team effort. 

In game chat.

Rarely used for co-ordination with a lot of general chit chat, sledging, abuse and swearing. If your thin skinned then it's not the place for you.

In game events and rewards/discounts.

Missions and rewards are the same.

Challenges are different and the rewards are better.

Events are more numerous and varied with the rewards/discounts greater although we knew that already.

My conclusion is that the Asia server is the best for me personally so I'm afraid to say that you guys are stuck with me. :)

Only areas of improvement that I can suggest are more staff/developer interaction and a unified approach to in game events and rewards/discounts.

well this is a refreshing change!

Someone has actually taken the time to write more than "the grass is greener" and the reasons behind their decision.

Super Tester
7,534 posts
7,978 battles

With players with sufficient experience and skill, you will still find team coordination because everyone else has more or less idea about the role and duties of every other one. It is just a matter of whether people care or not. Another thing here like Stein mentioned, we read the Q&A thread translated from Russia forum, where they often communicate with the devs and stuffs. We would like to get something like that for Asia too.

About forum users, I think only very few people actually check Asia forum compared to NA, RU, EU (I used to play in NA too before my new net provider said nope). Or Reddit for that matter.

Another small observation I might want to add: NA server has a lot more stat padder than we have here. I was chatting yesterday in discord, and people from NA and EU server were surprised to know that Asia server's top wtr (all time) is about 1800. Cause they have higher.

I would say, NA and EU is much more salty in game and forums, Asia is a lot more casual on that aspect.

Super Tester
813 posts
3,912 battles

I think that there are very few WGASIA developers in comparison to NA and RU(I dunno bout EU) and therefore we rarely see them. Correct me if I am wrong.
Edited by karrablaster123

[SIF]
Senior Moderator
2,562 posts

The Devs are in St Petersburg, but EU and NA have a bigger staff pool then Asia, hence why the other two servers get more information through, also why they have better competitions then we do.

Super Tester
813 posts
3,912 battles

The Devs are in St Petersburg, but EU and NA have a bigger staff pool then Asia, hence why the other two servers get more information through, also why they have better competitions then we do.

Is the WGASIA team understaffed? It might explain all the delays in premium ships, events etc

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

Now we only need someone to play in RU and report it back here.

you can do it... consider it as trial periode :P

525 posts
7,946 battles

you can do it... consider it as trial periode :P

Considering i'm going there for my master's degree i don't think i will have enough time to play, but i'll try my best to play and report back here
Edited by Skooma

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

Considering i'm going there for my master's degree i don't think i will have enough time to play, but i'll try my best to play and report back here

spare 1 day a week :P

67 posts
14 battles

Coming from NA server and purely looking at the forums: I was quite shocked and surprised that the moderators are actual players who moderate with their normal account, while on the NA forums the mods hide in the shadows and are usually WG staff.

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

Coming from NA server and purely looking at the forums: I was quite shocked and surprised that the moderators are actual players who moderate with their normal account, while on the NA forums the mods hide in the shadows and are usually WG staff.

our moderator is gentleman...

also, they gave us chance to "payback" by shooting them in game

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

NA mods have to be WG staff under NA employment laws for the state where their office is.

Ours can be (and are) volunteers under the different laws for the region.

our moderator is gentleman...

also, they gave us chance to "payback" by shooting them in game

who?  whichever mod you found that was letting the side down will be found, hung, drawn and quartered!

67 posts
14 battles

View Postdead_man_walking, on 23 September 2016 - 03:09 PM, said:

NA mods have to be WG staff under NA employment laws for the state where their office is.

That's... A really interesting explanation. And bizarre. 

205 posts
5,305 battles

That is really ... weird. I was a moderator in a couple of US-based tech support forums. And, I was certainly not employed by them. Quit being a moderator after spending more time moderating than actually helping people with tech support solutions, especially malware related ones.

I have a couple of friends who are Asians and Microsoft MVPs. They still moderate a couple of forums over there, and they are not employed by Microsoft or any party related to those forums. Maybe the rules or laws are different for the individual states.