You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
OraPits

The Bayern

14 comments in this topic

220 posts
3,420 battles

The secondary's on this ship are something fierce, what I'll do is focus on a ship and steer for a smaller ship at the same time, the secondary's will nearly nail an Atlanta even

It's been a pretty successful and even a fun ship for me, with all the upgrades

Just saying

For highest dollars the we Konigsberg is doing it, something about being the lowest Tier in the battle and hurting bigger ships. often 250k-ish and for Mr Below Average me that's getting the job done

563 posts
4,686 battles

Indeed a good ship for tanking and brawling, but hunting bigger ships? Nope.

This ship has half of its bow immune to everything. Engagement from long range? No thank you. Brawling up close? Yes please, whether it's bigger ship or not.. Heck it's better at fighting bigger ship up close.. Cheeky teenage ships.. You overpen em

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

actually i don;t like the fact that most of her secondary fire AP. but i did rekt some DD with her secondary even without focusing so her secondary are not bad.

Super Tester
7,527 posts
7,978 battles

This ship has half of its bow immune to everything. Engagement from long range? No thank you. Brawling up close? Yes please, whether it's bigger ship or not.. Heck it's better at fighting bigger ship up close.. Cheeky teenage ships.. You overpen em

Other T6's will be in trouble vs Bayern for her bigger gun and good armor. T7 BBs cannot really brawl (may be scharnhorst can a little bit). But when Bayern goes against T8 BBs, every single one of them are far superior brawler than Bayern. I have had duel with Bayern in Amagi, NC, Tirpitz (no Bismarck yet), and I really feel bad for them, specially when Bayern gives 20K to NC per salvo when close like 4-6 km. Only option is ramming may be against competent players. Again, T8 BBs are zipping fast.

It basically comes down to player skills. But if both played by equally skilled player, T6 will never win T7, T7 will never win T8. That's why they are on higher tier.

220 posts
3,420 battles

As a "free" Ship at least it gets you into the play area unlike the Hipper, I'll be selling my Hipper very shortly , they should call it (and prolly do) "the big disappointment", I'm good enough now to know when you're simply up against it, yes I know and have seen the the videos where a good guy can do well but most of us just ain't that good :)

1,162 posts

actually i don;t like the fact that most of her secondary fire AP. but i did rekt some DD with her secondary even without focusing so her secondary are not bad.

I was thinking to get Bayern for the upcoming RB since dont have enough time to grind Farragut. But since you said that, is Bayern still an okay choice? :read_fish: Or you think I just should play other ship/class? I also have Buddy for backup plans. I have gone 1/4 of Konig for her though. And I planning to get prem acc too. Decision decision... *lying on floor*
Edited by RisaFujiyama

Super Tester
7,527 posts
7,978 battles

I was thinking to get Bayern for the upcoming RB since dont have enough time to grind Farragut. But since you said that, is Bayern still an okay choice? :read_fish: Or you think I just should play other ship/class? I also have Buddy for backup plans. I have gone 1/4 of Konig for her though. And I planning to get prem acc too. Decision decision... *lying on floor*

Risa, rank is going to be flooded by Anshans and Farraguts. Also BBs with better accuracy like Arizona or Dunkerque.

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

will probably buy premium ship for incoming rank battle. i hope they sell molotov again. as for my bayern i will not will probably keep her as back up and train new captain for her  since i'm half way to gneisenau.

Edited by yansuki

Super Tester
7,527 posts
7,978 battles

will probably buy premium ship for incoming rank battle. i hope they sell molotov again. as for my bayern i will not will probably keep her as back up and train new captain for her  since i'm half way to gneisenau.

Ummm Molotov is a big No. Please don't. Just hope that you get a sale of Arizona or Dunkerque. If you wan't to take a CA in the battle, you have Budyonny.

1,162 posts

Risa, rank is going to be flooded by Anshans and Farraguts. Also BBs with better accuracy like Arizona or Dunkerque.

Well, my policy for F2P games is I not gonna spend any money(or just a bit). So yeah... cant spend big bucks mate. Time to bring the motherland.
Edited by RisaFujiyama

1,068 posts
3,846 battles

The secondary's on this ship are something fierce, what I'll do is focus on a ship and steer for a smaller ship at the same time, the secondary's will nearly nail an Atlanta even

It's been a pretty successful and even a fun ship for me, with all the upgrades

I had a good match like that a few weeks ago.Got into north base on Faultine and shooting at a Colorado on my right.The enemy carrier was parked alongside the island to the bases left and seemed to be AFK ( I am not sure why,as far as I could see he should have still had planes left).Since I needed to concentrate on the Colorado,I just let my secondaries work him and ignore him.Hits and fires sunk him while I was otherwise occupied!

I also put an AFT captain straight onboard to,so with Secondary module I have 7km range on them.

220 posts
3,420 battles

I had a good match like that a few weeks ago.Got into north base on Faultine and shooting at a Colorado on my right.The enemy carrier was parked alongside the island to the bases left and seemed to be AFK ( I am not sure why,as far as I could see he should have still had planes left).Since I needed to concentrate on the Colorado,I just let my secondaries work him and ignore him.Hits and fires sunk him while I was otherwise occupied!

I also put an AFT captain straight onboard to,so with Secondary module I have 7km range on them.

:)  the hardest thing is to get into a position to do it of course, they don't and won't happen often..but huge thrill when it does.