Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Reubster_defender

Suggestions for new ship tiers...

4 comments in this topic

44 posts

Hi guys Loving the game and i know everyone has an opinion about, well pretty much everything lol. But i just thought i would ask in general what players would like to see as in new ships, new tiers and new countries etc etc.

I myself would like to see a new AC tier brought in. seems theres alot of other crusiers and DD and BB lines in almost every country but only ijn and us ACs. The French had a few different types 

France

Active:

Retired:

So did HMS

United Kingdom[edit]

Under construction:

Sunk:

• Glorious class
  • HMS Eagle (1918), sunk by U-73 11 August 1942
  • HMS Hermes (1923) – first purpose-designed aircraft carrier, sunk by Japanese aircraft 9 April 1942
  • HMS Ark Royal (1938), sunk 14 November 1941 after being torpedoed by U-81 on 13 November 1941

Retired:

Never completed:

​Anyhow ideas ideas ideas...

Thoughts anyone?

Edited by Reubster_defender

Beta Tester
358 posts
7,415 battles

No new tiers until April 1.

Definitely not Charles De Gaul & Queen Elizabeth. Way too recent history I can't imagine WG introducing Harriers into the game let alone trying to balance a plane armed with missiles and Aden Cannon.

The only other nation to fill a CV line could be Great Britain.

France and Italy only had a couple of carriers, So other nations carriers will probably be reward ships or premium.

44 posts

No new tiers until April 1.

Definitely not Charles De Gaul & Queen Elizabeth. Way too recent history I can't imagine WG introducing Harriers into the game let alone trying to balance a plane armed with missiles and Aden Cannon.

The only other nation to fill a CV line could be Great Britain.

France and Italy only had a couple of carriers, So other nations carriers will probably be reward ships or premium.

Yer i would like to see the UK after the cruisers are done an AC tree there 

Super Tester
419 posts
4,223 battles

I would like suggest a re tier of the current US and IJN cruiser at high tier. 

New Orlean and Mogami to 7

Baltimore and Myoko with a slight range buff to 8

One of Des Moines draft to 9 or Des Moines to 9 with some nerf and a draft as tier 10 consider that all other cruiser at tier 10 is either a draft or complete much later after WW2.

Mogami and New Orlean are heavy cruiser but have the tonnage of a light cruiser, at high tier that mean they bring an under armor/firepower ship into the fray with BB that can lol one shot them from the bow. Myoko tonnage however is better even though it is mogami predescessor since Mogami was consider a fail upgrade in many aspect. Baltimore at 9 have no real use for it. Some say it's a jack of all trade but without torp, it lack a way to deal with BB, At 9, the Donskoi would be a better example of jack of all trade, decent gun, decent AA, good enough torp to use as last resort against bigger ship, radar and DA. So I would like to see it at tier 8 where its HP pool would make it act like a heavy cruiser to screen the capital ship from smaller vessel unlike the New Orlean who have to stay behind battleship most of the time or risk getting whittle down very fast while unable to return damage due to the crappy firing arc and the reload. The New Orlean would fit in tier 7 as her gun is potent only if she get into the range to make it work since hitting anything at max range with it is hard. 

Sign in to follow this