You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
karrablaster123

Anti-Torpedo Secondary Consumable for BB

22 comments in this topic

Super Tester
813 posts
3,912 battles

Basically a consumable which gives you a chance to destroy one or more torps with secondaries(indirect buff to horrible torpedo belt of high tier german BBs). Only for BBs. Available for all nations. Tier 8-10. Can be interchanged with hydro on German BBs

What do you guys think of this?

Edited by karrablaster123

Super Tester
813 posts
3,912 battles

Alternative: This consumable will be granted to CA/CL. This will make cruisers better at the support role. Ships like NO could use this consumable and DefensiveAA to support BBs more

1,126 posts

anti-torp consumable? No.

with all those nerf on torpedoes, especially in high tier, only careless BB captain still hit by it, and they deserve it (including me)

few days ago, I'm in amagi enjoy dueling gun with enemy BB and forget to check that there's still DD hiding somewhere.

I end up eat full salvo of torp and sunk... yet I don't think torpedoe are OP or need something to defend against it or anything,

it's my own fault for being careless.

as long as there's still DD icon in enemy team and IJN one, all BB player MUST expect torpedoes will be on theirs way.

not just DD, IJNCA too. =w=

Edited by PGM991

163 posts
7,901 battles

C'mon read the dev comments, BB's already near 35% played, more than any other class - they don't want World of Battleships.  Other quotes from WG staff include that they survive too long, among others things.  A CV and DD is also the natural counter to capital ships.  Many BB's already have some decent torp bulges.  They are also the flooding flags and premium consumables you can use.

If any class needs some work it's cruisers and CV's.  I stopped playing cruisers at T7 as I found them unfun.

Super Tester
7,548 posts
7,993 battles

Do we need even more buffs for BB?

Although less punishment from attempting to push in a high tier BB would be nice, but not in the sense of this consumable.

Not like OP is buffing the BBs, just discuss the idea. I just hate to see negative response right at the start.

Super Tester
7,548 posts
7,993 battles

C'mon read the dev comments, BB's already near 35% played, more than any other class - they don't want World of Battleships.  Other quotes from WG staff include that they survive too long, among others things.  A CV and DD is also the natural counter to capital ships.  Many BB's already have some decent torp bulges.  They are also the flooding flags and premium consumables you can use.

If any class needs some work it's cruisers and CV's.  I stopped playing cruisers at T7 as I found them unfun.

That is not because BBs are OP or something, it's only because most of the players do not play CV which I really like, since playing against good CV player with a noob CV player in your team is really burdensome. So, there are basically 3 classes. And since most of the people cannot play IJN DDs, there goes a lot of DD population.

Another reason is all those free Kongo copies given to everyone by them. Apparently people love anime stuffs too much here in Asia server.

Also blame the MM for letting 8 slots for BBs, they could simply limit it to 4. BBs have at this moment lot more impact than CAs since much less CV and the all new gunboats in the game, they do what CAs do with much higher efficiency, that is fighting enemy DD/CA and contest for caps.

Another reason is, after the introduction of German battleship line, most of the people are grinding them hard, cause they already have been playing other nations for some time and got bored perhaps. Now they are having fun dealing with sad dispersion.

So, if people don't play CAs for this reason, that does not mean BBs are already over performing, or just because the server BB population is 35%. I expected a lot more than that.

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

its impossible to shoot the torpedo under the water. not only the water will absorb all the kinetic energy from the shell, torpedo are too small and to fast to be shot. if the secondary guns having hard time hitting slower moving huge target like ship, how can they hit a smaller moving thing like a torpedo? :teethhappy:

199 posts
6,037 battles

How about dropping old school technology like torpedo net. I think Tirpitz had those, right?

Or this:

FtCUbod.jpg

Sorry to burst your bubble, but torpedo net doesn't work when the ship move.

They only work when the ship is in the port.

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

That would work for quite a large percentage of the player base that struggle to move out of the spawn points! :izmena:

199 posts
6,037 battles

That would work for quite a large percentage of the player base that struggle to move out of the spawn points! :izmena:

Hmm, yeah. True.

In before the Campers request for torpedo net if they didn't move :trollface:

Super Tester
730 posts
3,239 battles

*iowa torpedobeat intensifies*

Well I guess you could, but the chances of hitting a torpedo in the water is rather low. Not impossible, just very difficult.

Super Tester
813 posts
3,912 battles

Alternative: This consumable will be granted to CA/CL. This will make cruisers better at the support role. Ships like NO could use this consumable and DefensiveAA to support BBs more

​This?

Super Tester
7,548 posts
7,993 battles

We are talking about a game where overpens through the bottom doesn't cause flooding and CVs can attack you in cyclone. Water doesn't move........ list goes on.

It will ofcourse work in this game. Cause why not.

Also what DMW said :trollface: very true.