You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
icy_phoenix

KM battleships have hydro, don't you think USN and IJN battleships also need one extra consumable slot?

Add new consumable slot for USN and IJN BBs  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Which one of the following can be introduced into the game?

• RADAR for USN BBs
    • DFAA for IJN BBs
    • Both
    • None

52 comments in this topic

Super Tester
7,557 posts
7,993 battles

KM BBs have a hydro acoustic search, how about USN and IJN battleships get some love as well.

What do you think about RADAR on USN BBs?

What do you think about DFAA on IJN BBs?

[Edit]

This is not against KM BBs, nor I am suggesting to remove their Hydro. Watching all these KM BB players go defensive right from the start is kinda shocking, I did not expect to trigger them. :hiding: 

Edited by icy_phoenix

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,558 battles

no USN and IJN BBs are already proforming bettern.then KM BBs already, no need to make them even more OP

even though as a BB captain i really do want to see this

Super Tester
7,557 posts
7,993 battles

or better yet, smoke for both of them :teethhappy:

Smoke is for upcoming RN BBs (apparently they love to smoke)

Rip DD and CV player

Too many BB player in forum

My stats say I am sort of DD player.

Super Tester
7,557 posts
7,993 battles

Rip DD and CV player

Too many BB player in forum

1. RADAR on BBs will have short range like 10 Km, so BBs will come forward instead of camping meta which is good.

2. DFAA alone does nothing to CVs, check IJN cruisers DFAA, even with DFAA you dont kill more than 2 planes.

525 posts
7,946 battles

Smoke is for upcoming RN BBs (apparently they love to smoke)

My stats say I am sort of DD player.

In my opinion it's hard to be bad at DDs, looking at my stats i do way more better in a DDs than in BBs.

still love BBs more though

Edited by Skooma

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,558 battles

1. RADAR on BBs will have short range like 10 Km, so BBs will come forward instead of camping meta which is good.

2. DFAA alone does nothing to CVs, check IJN cruisers DFAA, even with DFAA you dont kill mor9e than 2 planes.

radar means that NO DDs are willing to go stealth torp BBs anymore and just spam torps, leading to a loss of caps and the same kind of torp spam that left the IJN DD line in such a wreck

IJN BBs have the best torpedo protection, and let's face it, if someone gets ganked by a CV in a IJN BB, it's his own fault for not bringing along a AA buddie(read: division up and farm CV tears)

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

KM has those Hydro because they have shitty torpedo damage reduction. they are only available on T8 where torpedo soup is notorious at high tier.

Edited by yansuki

783 posts
4,821 battles

I'd say a different consumable for IJN BBs. If we're going by how the KM BBs, went, then only T8-T10 BBs will get it.

A secondary consumable for IJN and a radar consumable for USN can be good but it pretty much translates to another DD nerf which imo isn't needed anymore.

A DFAA consumable on any of them will gimp CV strikes so much that the CV will just go for the DDs more often than now so another indirect nerf.

And DFAA is taken mainly for the panic rather than the plane kills, so mentioning it being 'ineffective' for say IJN CAs is not wholly true.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

2. DFAA alone does nothing to CVs, check IJN cruisers DFAA, even with DFAA you dont kill more than 2 planes.

Throw away your logic and see that Data

1. 10 km is enough o cripple the Damage potential of ALL IJN DD (Long Range Torp is unreliable and Close range one is too risky)

2. You are bad enough in BB if can't take down at least 2 planes, their AA is higher than Cruisers, Cruisers DFAA are made for Support, not ANTI SKY [content removed]

Insults or derogatory comments. Post edited, user sanctioned.

~TheAzure

Edited by TheAzure

563 posts
4,686 battles

Emm the Germans needs that hydro as their ship is not maneuverable and has horrible torpedo defense. And their job is to get close and brawl, and there will be more torpedo threat as you go closer to the enemy. 

Other bb's fine I guess

Edited by Admiral_Turing

1,452 posts
2,950 battles

I want a 20s secondary buff consumable for IJN.

Secondary battery rate of fire +50%, 2 charges.

That way, it neither pseudo-nerfs CVs nor DD torps.

I want a 35s accuracy buff consumable for the USN.

Dispersion -20%, 1 charge.

That way, they can stop complaining about sniping using a USN BB.

Think outside the box.

141 posts
6,614 battles

Lets talk about hit rate of torpedos. All you guys Buff radar is base on hypothesis of getting hit by torpedos. IJN DD and cv is no long playable as someone keep asking buffing others. This players' existence ruin the game

141 posts
6,614 battles

the hit rate is very low,or in other words is purely luck, nerfing long range torps dd means nerfing cv because everyone is safe when all ships stick together , all planes cannot approach.

Think deeper before launching this kind of thread.

Super Tester
1,056 posts
9,020 battles

IJN BBs have far better AA than their cruisers; DF AA protects them not only because of the AA DPS boost, but also because it makes the spread of the air-dropped munitions go super wide. 

If BBs get such a consumable, I want compensation in the form of buffed torpedo damage for IJN (historical accuracy; the current Taiho and Hakuryu torpedoes should be dealing something like 17000 damage if using the appropriate late-war torpedoes).

Super Tester
7,557 posts
7,993 battles

Lots of posts, so not going to quote, just specific responses (ofcourse defending my proposal)

1. I always love when Harpoon gets a sanction :trollface:. RADAR is not a permanent thing and can only be used at most 2/3 times in a 20 minute battle. On top of that, it cannot detect torpedoes that German hydro can. And this is for high tier only, not like you are going in 10 Km of a BB ignoring all the other DDs ahead of them. And even if they RADAR you, only BB can't do much cause a) USN non existent secondary, b) slow reload.

2. People saying, oooo KM has hydro cause their bad torp protection, like other BBs have no weakness? How about the shit torp protection of USN BBs? And the shitty AA of Izumo / Yamato compared to their same tier CVs? Hmmm, its their fault to be alone when there is an enemy CV? How about cruisers that ran away.....

3. Comparing among BBs, all the BBs have better AA than cruisers (may be Des Moines is the only exception), as the same way, all BBs have better torpedo protection than CAs, so there would not be need of any hydro for BBs.

Sound fair enough?

1,452 posts
2,950 battles

Lots of posts, so not going to quote, just specific responses (ofcourse defending my proposal)

1. I always love when Harpoon gets a sanction :trollface:. RADAR is not a permanent thing and can only be used at most 2/3 times in a 20 minute battle. On top of that, it cannot detect torpedoes that German hydro can. And this is for high tier only, not like you are going in 10 Km of a BB ignoring all the other DDs ahead of them. And even if they RADAR you, only BB can't do much cause a) USN non existent secondary, b) slow reload.

2. People saying, oooo KM has hydro cause their bad torp protection, like other BBs have no weakness? How about the shit torp protection of USN BBs? And the shitty AA of Izumo / Yamato compared to their same tier CVs? Hmmm, its their fault to be alone when there is an enemy CV? How about cruisers that ran away.....

3. Comparing among BBs, all the BBs have better AA than cruisers (may be Des Moines is the only exception), as the same way, all BBs have better torpedo protection than CAs, so there would not be need of any hydro for BBs.

Sound fair enough?

Consumables aren't there strictly for compensating weaknesses, you now.