You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
yobbo1972

and people wonder why?

33 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,938 battles

Yes this happen today in a tier 5 battle and players wonder why they get called noobs and are branded bad players and then get abused for the way they play the game.

shot-16.09.21_12.45.46-0223.jpgshot-16.09.21_12.47.00-0155.jpg

And no I didn't say a single word in chat at all, I just played my game and then left once I had died.

I think I was in to much shock to say anything in game.

But any player who starts north or south and then sails north or south is the worst kind of player in SEA and on other maps if a player starts at A cap and then sails all the way over to C cap is again the worst player in SEA and its these players that WG needs to do something about and teach them how to play the game as some players are not capable of learning to GIT GUD ever.

Edited by yobbo1972

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,938 battles

so teach them, one match at a time

you cant teach them because they report you for using in game chat if you say things to them even if u are kind to them.

kids don't want to be told how to play by other players they just report you for it.

525 posts
7,946 battles

so teach them, one match at a time

pfffft, they won't listen, I already tried teaching them in low tier as polite as I could and what do I get? "STFU noob"

GGWP

Edited by Skooma

Beta Tester
434 posts
3,182 battles

pfffft, the won't listen, I already tried teaching them in low tier as polite as I could and what do I get? "STFU noob"

GGWP

Woah... You get a response?

I get either silence or "squarenese".

Tee

220 posts
3,420 battles

I will in a BB go to C even if I'm at A..for a few reasons like

If there are say 4 or more DD's on a many island map I really have to keep away from them early in a battle, I will find myself still hunting them as well.

In the german line of BB's the firing range just isn't there so I cant afford to be focused fired on...I need to bide my time, but I still need to help the team so I can still inflict (coward) damage till it all settles down, I don't care about being called a coward as I know I'm not, I need to survive the early times in a battle to be able to help more at the end where mostly it matters, some say the start matters most, it does but not in a German BB.

525 posts
7,946 battles

When I joined into Strait map, I always say "Don't go to north or south. Don't switch flank. STAY ON YOUR FLANK."

And they did that anyway:trollface:

[WOWMY]
347 posts
16,870 battles

Some will listen most wont.. as new player I always react nicely to kind tone and good advice even if it means death or too risky at some situation. But when the first word is "u noob" "" r u [content removed]" and such  I just stop reading and do my own thing no matter if its a lose.

Insults or derogatory comments. post edited, user sanctioned.

~TheAzure

Edited by TheAzure

[1NATN]
[1NATN]
399 posts
14,990 battles

Devil's Advocate incoming.

The spawns aren't always favourable. I had this situation a few days ago with a friend in a Kaiser and I in the Ishizuchi. We had an IJN CV to contend with and only an Omaha to help out with AA. We'd have been brutalised by air or DDs so we moved South for safety in numbers. Proceeded to walk through the enemy, securing a Kraken with a ram whilst my Kaiser buddy moved North and finished the CV securing the win in the nick of time. 

I'm quite certain had we stayed North we'd have had little impact as the CV would have kept us maneuvering hard and mostly ineffectual. It's not always bad to abandon a flank.

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

When I joined into Strait map, I always say "Don't go to north or south. Don't switch flank. STAY ON YOUR FLANK."

this. whenever i saw player trying to switch lane i always ask them to go back because we need them. most of the time they kindly return and support us.

just ask them politely, tell them that you needed their help and support, they will probably listen most of the time. don't use harsh word so they they can't use it to report you.

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,938 battles

Devil's Advocate incoming.

The spawns aren't always favourable. I had this situation a few days ago with a friend in a Kaiser and I in the Ishizuchi. We had an IJN CV to contend with and only an Omaha to help out with AA. We'd have been brutalised by air or DDs so we moved South for safety in numbers. Proceeded to walk through the enemy, securing a Kraken with a ram whilst my Kaiser buddy moved North and finished the CV securing the win in the nick of time. 

I'm quite certain had we stayed North we'd have had little impact as the CV would have kept us maneuvering hard and mostly ineffectual. It's not always bad to abandon a flank.

Ha you only won that because the other team was so very bad.

First the enemy team at A cap didnt push fast enough, or as a group onto A cap, then move on to B cap, again they didn't do it as a group and they didn't read the mini to understand  that ships had moved from A cap down to C cap( yes you can count the ships you see on the mini map).

Then at C cap the enemy DD was so bad he had no idea how to you his DD or the range of his torps and the enemy BB was just as bad as he didn't even fire at you when he had you side on lol you should of been dead 10 times over but because the other teams players were so bad that u stayed  alive, and that's the only reason why you won was because the other team was so bad.

892 posts
7,853 battles

Hah! I've encountered plenty of such players. Start in the east but sails to the west or vice-versa. For domination maps, these same players somehow prefer to cap points at the opposite end of their spawn points. Maybe some of these players can come explain their logic in doing so....

[1NATN]
[1NATN]
399 posts
14,990 battles

Ha you only won that because the other team was so very bad.

First the enemy team at A cap didnt push fast enough, or as a group onto A cap, then move on to B cap, again they didn't do it as a group and they didn't read the mini to understand  that ships had moved from A cap down to C cap( yes you can count the ships you see on the mini map).

Then at C cap the enemy DD was so bad he had no idea how to you his DD or the range of his torps and the enemy BB was just as bad as he didn't even fire at you when he had you side on lol you should of been dead 10 times over but because the other teams players were so bad that u stayed  alive, and that's the only reason why you won was because the other team was so bad.

You sound like a crazy person.

Both teams had bads, it's Tier IV, what a revelation.

Beta Tester
434 posts
3,182 battles

You sound like a crazy person.

Both teams had bads, it's Tier IV, what a revelation.

Experienced players can play at any level - either leveling captains or for something different.

I play mainly at T7 now but I do often go back to T4 for this same reason.

Tee

331 posts
17,077 battles

I was just torped by an atago in a T9 battle. I was in a kiev  and had just regained my concealment and was avoiding enmeny torps inbound with the torp alarm going.  I was turning arouind to get back into the battle when wham 3 torps from an atago behind me and more than 15 km from the nearest enemy killed me. there was no taget within 15 km of meat the time they hit and he was behind me

I gave him a good chewing out. also had a look at their stats and they had over 4k battles. Nearly 900 on the Atago. They also have a 46% winrate. This player was willfully ignorant of the range of their torps and the risks of whitting friendlies when they are between themselves and the enemy. I cannot believe that that you could play that many battles and not know the specs of your ship when they are given on the mini map in port and several points in game.  they also didnt seem to know how to check.

The willfully ignorant need to dealt with. looks like for these ignorami you need to have your torps have a x km range on repetition in their speakers or headset or in big red letters on screen for them to know.

Beta Tester
1,043 posts
4,300 battles

Silent treatment cuz... radio silence I think? Everytime the in game chat is always quiet. 

b/c they don't care about some noisy player when they just play 2-3 games a day for fun.

Come on people, that's still basically low/learning/casual tier. If they are all noobs as you say then it should be easy for you to carry your team if you are good as you say you are, that is if you are(or are you a noob yourself).

Be the smarter player. If you see a weakness on your team, fill it up, carry all the noobs. Don't confine yourself to one strategy in a low tier match. Or just play for the LuLz. This kind of rant is simply stupid.

Edited by Deicide

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,938 battles

b/c they don't care about some noisy player when they just play 2-3 games a day for fun.

Come on people, that's still basically low/learning/casual tier. If they are all noobs as you say then it should be easy for you to carry your team if you are good as you say you are, that is if you are(or are you a noob yourself).

Be the smarter player. If you see a weakness on your team, fill it up, carry all the noobs. Don't confine yourself to one strategy in a low tier match. Or just play for the LuLz. This kind of rant is simply stupid.

ive seen players do it in tier 10 Battles not just tier 5 etc but it happens at all tier levels

Super Tester
7,548 posts
7,993 battles

Some will listen most wont.. as new player I always react nicely to kind tone and good advice even if it means death or too risky at some situation. But when the first word is "u noob" "" r u [content removed]" and such  I just stop reading and do my own thing no matter if its a lose.

Insults or derogatory comments. post edited, user sanctioned.

~TheAzure

People deserve that when they throw the game, specially when you need your 100Hp cruiser just to hide to win by point or timer, he will come back to brawl with a battleship for honor glory and stupidity, and feed the enemy another kill and lose the game. Some people play just for their "fun", they are kinda problematic if you ask me. In a team game, not ruining other's fun is more important.

Too bad only thing we can do is reduce their karma back to 0 (or luckily we get them in the enemy the next match and show them the real meaning of fun, kek)

Super Tester
316 posts
3,400 battles

This sums up my 80% of my matchmaking experience

the problem is with the usual size of teams in random battle, its very hard to influence the game much or at all if everyone else on your team is being 100% passive, if they are pushing in an aggressive yet stupid way its easier to influence the game by singling out threats as you push with your team, but with a passive team they are all avoiding getting anything closer then their max range, if you are not with the rest of the group you can and will be singled out and focused, which either ends up with you dying because you tried to do something and your team just kept running or you and your entire team gets cornered and slaughtered, either way you are very likely to lose

i could list everything that goes wrong when a team plays fully passive but just thinking about it makes me annoyed due to how simple these mistakes are yet they keep being repeated

TBH it would solve many problems if we had another playlist for the more competitive or challenge seeking players rather then being bundled with potatoes and the less motivated players