You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
IJN_Harugumo

5.12 PT updates: RIP Yamato, Montana Even more buff

83 comments in this topic

634 posts
6,218 battles

TLDR: after nerf Yamato can hardly pen montana while montana/iowa with Mk.7 can penetrate yamato easily

Pic as evidence

Also Montana is less prone to HE damage than Yamato.

froR4Lf.png

UOkyUPE.png

Montana keeps deck armour 38mm while yamato's bow has only 28mm.

With the 38mm deck armour, Montana can bounce 460mm easily when it is angled at 35 degree(full broadside salvo possible)

not to mention the 457mm armour beneath it.

Yamato's deck armour is 50mm however, when angled at 35 degrees (full salvo possible) it only has 350mm armour beneath it.

In addition, Montana is less prone to He after update, its bomb deck was buffed from 29mm to 38mm, so it can defend itself against HE shells of caliber 220mm or lower, and increases the chances of 460mm AP ricochets at close to mid ranges.

Mosvka penetration is 37mm, montana deck armour is 38mm

IDK man, im already bad at yamato to start with, now this?

Yamato can not brawl like german or american BB becuase super slow turrent rotation time / low rof already, now with CA getting the new turning buff it is even harder to hit anything = =

Edited by Lordofcaptain

634 posts
6,218 battles

Weird, I thought the bow armor nerf affects all t8-10 BBs, not just Yamato.

Not only was bow armour nerfed, it is just a small change. 

USN BB can pen yamato much easily now, but yamato's only good at hitting BBs, now yamato is much vulnerable.

Also Yamato becuase huge bridge much more prone to HE damage than USN BB 

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,558 battles

how are you even coming up with this... yamato has 2.1 sigma, she can whack CAs with ease, montana's bridge is big too, they take the same damage, espically since the montana has a swath of AA guns that allows HE to do module damage

507 posts
9,827 battles

Not only was bow armour nerfed, it is just a small change. 

USN BB can pen yamato much easily now, but yamato's only good at hitting BBs, now yamato is much vulnerable.

Also Yamato becuase huge bridge much more prone to HE damage than USN BB 

Great..more passive play yamato incoming! 

634 posts
6,218 battles

how are you even coming up with this... yamato has 2.1 sigma, she can whack CAs with ease, montana's bridge is big too, they take the same damage, espically since the montana has a swath of AA guns that allows HE to do module damage

Read patch notes, Montana's bomb deck was buffed from 29mm to 38mm, so it can defend itself against HE shells of caliber 220mm or lower, and increases the chances of 460mm AP ricochets at close to mid ranges.

Mosvka penetration is 37mm, montana deck armour is 38mm

525 posts
7,946 battles

Can confirm this, i just played the PT, Yamato seems really weak now in 1 vs 1 against montana and großer kurfurst.

might be just me though

435 posts
6,169 battles

Great..more passive play yamato incoming! 

Exactly, instead of more aggressive gameplay the nerfs will lead to more passive play, with lease armour players will back off. The complete opposite effect to WG intentions.

Most likely the public test won’t show this but (if it does) it will only show up in the general population.

Edited by Yul_Brynner

525 posts
7,946 battles

even in PT i'm starting to see 1-3  BBs players per match who doesn't want to push, this is really weird, usually in PT everyone is super aggressive, not this patch though

525 posts
7,946 battles

Yamato players that sit bow on and lolpen other BB's bow: now you can feel my pain. But German T9-10 still won't be affected much since their unique armour model

At long range they suffer a lot

507 posts
9,827 battles

WAIT! Riddle me this.  WHY does Kurfurst still have 60mm of Bow armor plate? There is a very small part that is 28mm. You call this balance WG?

141 posts
6,607 battles

Now i really hate WG. Yamato 460 gun is design to lolpen ships. SHip not fast, say penetrated too vulnerable, and now cant pen the others?

Also the steering mod 3 in CAs is totally non-sense. T10 CAs(except Des monies) is super hard to kill, with steering upgrade.  Yamato is noob ship

Edited by zombiesforce

525 posts
7,946 battles

Now i really hate WG. Yamato 460 gun is design to lolpen ships. SHip not fast, say penetrated too vulnerable, and now cant pen the others?

she still can, only that other BBs can now lolpen her too

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

WAIT! Riddle me this.  WHY does Kurfurst still have 60mm of Bow armor plate? There is a very small part that is 28mm. You call this balance WG?

That wont help FDG and GK tho, atm both ship got out class by everything at 10km+ (i normally took 10k dmg from Tirpitz form max range lol)

And with current game meta (or SEA play style) where BB get focus with everything you wont be able to close the range and make that armor effective anyways so i dont think that 60mm gonna make FDG and GK over power or anythings :D:D:D

if u hit them that is :teethhappy:

Those ships are bigger than Yamato and have horrible rudder shift you gonna hit them for sure.

Edited by MeloMelonSoda

435 posts
6,169 battles

Risky business,

I’ve notice that the server numbers have been up a few thousand lately, WG should be very careful with such huge hyped nerfs, punters numbers could drop from the recent German BBs success

Edited by Yul_Brynner